IRONTON RETURNING STARTERS AND YOUR THOUGHTS

Paladin
SEOP

Re: IRONTON RETURNING STARTERS AND YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by Paladin »

You left out bible thumpers, hate mongers, xenophia nuts, racists, bigots and fundamentalist idiots. Had to include you,lol. But America & democracy are O.K.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Paladin wrote:You left out bible thumpers, hate mongers, xenophia nuts, racists, bigots and fundamentalist idiots. Had to include you,lol. But America & democracy are O.K.

I did but..I didn't want to overwhelm everyone on one post. Thanks for helping me out although your definition and classifications of who and what people are is questionable at best. I'd question the last sentence but...if you say so. It's just kinda like a love/hate thing for you?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

tl895 wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:Every game I have attended at Tanks, the visitors side was full of our fans as well as many from Ironton. How does Portsmouth do it? No sale.

if the team was having an off year the visitors side was rarely full. knew what was coming...

Which team having an off year? Ironton brings them out regardless.

And again, how do you suppose Portsmouth stays, when they have even farther to travel than Ironton?

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

Have to agree with you, I think we will be stronger next year. Backfield should be very very strong, Throw in some big lineman coming back along with D. Brown and we should have one heck of a season. Just need to get a good start out of the gate, we seem to get stronger as the year goes along. Keep working and good luck TIGERS!

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

hey paladin you must hate yourself, you fit right in on some of that stuff, especially the idiot part.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i am with him on bush and republicans :122246

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

:-D

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I heard that Ironton was working out a deal with the commish so that we can take kids from eleven different school districts like most of the state championship teams in the past five years.... :lol: ...you would think that if they didn't change the way things are being done that they should at least make it fair and allow it..just think if we could get the mcCollister kid from Rock Hill...Some of the talent off of Portsmouth..Ashland...Coal Grove..Wheelersburg..Green...St.Joe..Raceland...Russell...Greenup..South Point...Chesepeake..and Fairland...we still wouldn't have as many to pick from as most of the private schools that are winning the championship have...

However...Ironton will be strong next year...but once you get to the Semi's...it's tough to beat a city like Cincinatti...when you only have a town the size of Ironton to pick from...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

my earlier post should have said "will not keep Paladen away"

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

TIGERS90 wrote:I heard that Ironton was working out a deal with the commish so that we can take kids from eleven different school districts like most of the state championship teams in the past five years.... :lol: ...you would think that if they didn't change the way things are being done that they should at least make it fair and allow it..just think if we could get the mcCollister kid from Rock Hill...Some of the talent off of Portsmouth..Ashland...Coal Grove..Wheelersburg..Green...St.Joe..Raceland...Russell...Greenup..South Point...Chesepeake..and Fairland...we still wouldn't have as many to pick from as most of the private schools that are winning the championship have...

However...Ironton will be strong next year...but once you get to the Semi's...it's tough to beat a city like Cincinatti...when you only have a town the size of Ironton to pick from...

You know that Coshocton is a public school, right? So is New Lexington. So is Westfall.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Yes I know that..and I also know that they couldn't come close to beating a travel team either...yes they beat Ironton in OT...that's the way it should be when two great programs go head to head...Ironton had a really good team this past year and so did Coshocton...Alter had a lot of good teams..put into 1 :lol: :roll:

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

TIGERS90 wrote:I heard that Ironton was working out a deal with the commish so that we can take kids from eleven different school districts like most of the state championship teams in the past five years.... :lol: ...you would think that if they didn't change the way things are being done that they should at least make it fair and allow it..just think if we could get the mcCollister kid from Rock Hill...Some of the talent off of Portsmouth..Ashland...Coal Grove..Wheelersburg..Green...St.Joe..Raceland...Russell...Greenup..South Point...Chesepeake..and Fairland...we still wouldn't have as many to pick from as most of the private schools that are winning the championship have...

You mean Ironton didn't already have a deal in place?? LOL

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Ironton will be just fine next year with alot of talent returning and alot coming up, the backfield will be solid with a couple solid linemen returning and some really good ones moving up. Should be another exciting season of Tiger Football.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Of course a lot can happen between now and the playoffs, but I expect the Fighting Tigers to at least challenge for the regional title.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

AHM wrote:

You know that Coshocton is a public school, right? So is New Lexington. So is Westfall.
TIGERS90 wrote:Yes I know that..and I also know that they couldn't come close to beating a travel team either...yes they beat Ironton in OT...that's the way it should be when two great programs go head to head...Ironton had a really good team this past year and so did Coshocton...Alter had a lot of good teams..put into 1 :lol: :roll:
With all due respect to those 3 teams, I have to ask first, how many times have they even been past the regional finals; and second, how many state semi-final victories do they have? And, I think Ironton has a combined playoff record vs. them of a respectable 5-3.
Although it's sadly true that Ironton has no regional titles since 1999, the fact remains that Ironton's state semi-final record is a not-too-shabby 8-3; which includes two victories each over Urbana, Valley View, and Hamilton Badin and one each over Mooney and Reading.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

Heard from a very good source that D. Brown is way ahead of schedule on rehab. I see T. Waginger @ qb, backfield should be loaded with T. wilks, D. brown, T. Hager, M. lawless, B. Warner, I see T. saul @ center throw in R. Webb, B. Spoljaric on the line along with N. culbertson, T. Fletcher @ ends and I see the makings of a very good team. These were in no certain order and I"m sure I missed a few guys (sorry). Heard several guys are in the weight room working out! good luck tigers.

tigersportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tigersportsfan »

I agree with timbo52 we should have a very good team. Also heard that several guys are in the weight room working out. wonder how that's going.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

timbo52 wrote:Heard from a very good source that D. Brown is way ahead of schedule on rehab. I see T. Waginger @ qb, backfield should be loaded with T. wilks, D. brown, T. Hager, M. lawless, B. Warner, I see T. saul @ center throw in R. Webb, B. Spoljaric on the line along with N. culbertson, T. Fletcher @ ends and I see the makings of a very good team. These were in no certain order and I"m sure I missed a few guys (sorry). Heard several guys are in the weight room working out! good luck tigers.

That fletcher kid is a stud on the basketball court...I could see him doing a great job at defensive end...that was actually the only position I was worried about..now I think we should be fine..once we get the kids some experience...Should be a fun season...for sure...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TIGERS90 wrote:
timbo52 wrote:Heard from a very good source that D. Brown is way ahead of schedule on rehab. I see T. Waginger @ qb, backfield should be loaded with T. wilks, D. brown, T. Hager, M. lawless, B. Warner, I see T. saul @ center throw in R. Webb, B. Spoljaric on the line along with N. culbertson, T. Fletcher @ ends and I see the makings of a very good team. These were in no certain order and I"m sure I missed a few guys (sorry). Heard several guys are in the weight room working out! good luck tigers.

That fletcher kid is a stud on the basketball court...I could see him doing a great job at defensive end...that was actually the only position I was worried about..now I think we should be fine..once we get the kids some experience...Should be a fun season...for sure...

Adding Culbertson and Fletcher to the End positions would give Ironton a huge line to go along with Spoljaric and Webb.

tigersportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tigersportsfan »

Ironton will have alot of speed and talent.

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

TIGERS90 wrote:I hope dion Brown is back...he could be a game changer if he isn't hampered by his injury...quickness...

I agree I just hope he stays healthy so that he can play basketball.

Return to “Football”