Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: 11/07 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Spamoony wrote:Coldwater is an awesome program. Nobody will argue that here. But you really sound stupid basing your analysis on what you saw LAST years team do. They graduated ALOT from last year(arguably the best running QB in school history and a good RB and many other starters). They ran the ball a ton. This years offense is a passing team. Very fast on D as usual and great I mean great special teams. LAST years team was IMO unbeatable..... not so sure THIS year
I don't take things personal.

I am quite knowledgable about what's going on in every div/region of OHSFB and I'm in Florida.

So, I'm not ignorant.

They've simply plugged in & played better. They will & can stop anyone in division 5. I didn't speak of last years team as to equate to how they'll win this year.I only spoke of last years team to open the eyes of some posters that I know HAVE NO IDEA of what goes on in that league play.

You spoke the truth of how the teams have changed from the running QB & solid RB last year.
They started out how you described, but now they are more balanced than any team they've fielded.
Kind of like how much the burg has improved since winning at Ironton.

They graduated 14/65 (seniors). 5 were starters. 3 played both ways.they have back a 1200+ rusher. A 1,000 + rusher.The QB has passed for over 1400 yards & they spread it out for him to run.

I've said what I wanted to of them. I wish you well & I truly hope & pray I eat every letter I've stroked here for the rest of my life.
Good luck BURG!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

Not trying to attack you but they are 2-1 passing yards vs rushing this year. The MAC is down by their standards this year(still the best pound for pound conference). Only MSML has a winning record. the reason they had an uptick in rushing the last two games is because they played two bad teams Versailes and St. Johns which were both running clocks at halftime and were running the ball the entire second half.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:
I truly hope the burg goes all the way. The burg posters are on a natural high from performing well this year except @ Ironton.
Region 17 is definitely the weekest region in division five. If ColdH20 & Creston Norwayne wasn't around the Burg may have a chance. Get out of your own ego & look around. You played a schedule where the team's you played all had down years except valley. Jackson is not as strong as schedule shows either. They just put together a good run from playoff experience& it showed. Do some homework This will be the firsts& last time division five is unloaded like this with ASVSM, Mooney, URSI, Hartley , ottawaw Glandorf, Jonathon alder, st. Clairsville, Johnstown Monroe, Newark licking Valley, Clinton Massie, & others. They will all drop down or go up after this year.

Have you ever seen Coldwater or Creston Norwayne play?
I have.
Last years final
COLDWATER 62
CCC 21.(formerly undefeated)

CCC handled Hartley prior to this.

Coldwaters league is phenomenal. Several state champs yearly in different divisions with their only losses to each other in league play.

The Cavs are big bad Amish boys.
No 1 plays both ways unless you're a stud.

I'm not hating on the burg you will represent, but I'm just preparing you for the heartache.
I saw Kenton play with each Mauk brother & thought that was amazing.

COLDWATER was unbelievably amazing.
You will not stand a chance.
I am glad you are not From the Burg!!!!
Why?
Does the reality that I've already walked virtually the same playoff path many many more times, & I'm far enough away now to see it clearly , cut to the hillside of 52?
When you've lived it enough, you know what's truth & a winning high.
When you're still watching everything & know this, I cannot help to say the truth.
I'm actually looking for property anywhere in the tri-state. I love OHSFB, I'd follow anyone up the playoff path from SEO, even if I felt what I've posted about the Burg's chances were still true. Id WANT THEM DESPERATELY TO PULL OFF THE UPSET. I just know better from experience.
I've never complained about Ironton or whined. I know we have played enough just to win several of these games & we're lucky to do so.
I know the burg has improved since week 1 & don't complain Ironton this/ Ironton that.
I just don't think many people can separate themselves for the passion of their team & reality.
I truly think living it, turning 50, & moving away from it all, lets you be able to be honest with yourself and speak it, & stand behind it.
That's all,
Neighbor! (J/k)
I'm looking for a flipper for my retirement home in Huntington, Ashland, or Ironton. (Tri-state)
Because of your thought process... COLDWATER WAS UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING...This I agree with when I saw the game.. However your next statement You The Burg WILL NOT STAND A CHANCE , even at 50 years old not in the Burg's thought process .... Be real here , Cold Water is the real deal, and should win if they play the Burg.. However There is a chance that The Burg can win.. That's why we play the game.. For the record it would be nice to make it to the final 4 win or lose

obschwie
Waterboy

Post by obschwie »

Spamoony wrote:Not trying to attack you but they are 2-1 passing yards vs rushing this year. The MAC is down by their standards this year(still the best pound for pound conference). Only MSML has a winning record. the reason they had an uptick in rushing the last two games is because they played two bad teams Versailes and St. Johns which were both running clocks at halftime and were running the ball the entire second half.
Only Marion Local has a winning record? The standings are below. They have a shot of getting three more state championship titles this year. This is not a down year for the MAC.

Teams MAC Record Overall Record
1. Coldwater 7-0 9-0
2. Marion Local 6-1 8-1
3. Ft. Recovery 5-2 7-2
3. Minster 5-2 7-2
5. St. Henry 3-4 5-4
5. Versailles 3-4 4-5
5. Anna 3-4 3-6
8. Parkway 2-5 2-7
9. Delphos St. John's 1-6 1-8
10. New Bremen 0-7 1-8

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If you recall, last year when Burg faced Bishop Hartley in week 13, everyone was giving all the reasons why Burg had no chance in that one too. After a hard fought game, Burg came up barely short in overtime. That's why you play the games....

Ironton needs to worry about just making it into the playoffs first. That is not a guarantee at this point...

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

obschwie wrote:
Spamoony wrote:Not trying to attack you but they are 2-1 passing yards vs rushing this year. The MAC is down by their standards this year(still the best pound for pound conference). Only MSML has a winning record. the reason they had an uptick in rushing the last two games is because they played two bad teams Versailes and St. Johns which were both running clocks at halftime and were running the ball the entire second half.
Only Marion Local has a winning record? The standings are below. They have a shot of getting three more state championship titles this year. This is not a down year for the MAC.

Teams MAC Record Overall Record
1. Coldwater 7-0 9-0
2. Marion Local 6-1 8-1
3. Ft. Recovery 5-2 7-2
3. Minster 5-2 7-2
5. St. Henry 3-4 5-4
5. Versailles 3-4 4-5
5. Anna 3-4 3-6
8. Parkway 2-5 2-7
9. Delphos St. John's 1-6 1-8
10. New Bremen 0-7 1-8
sorry I missed Minster... I didn't include Ft. Recovery as they are don't play this year......I was looking at conference records not overall.... but the MAC is Big 2 little 8 this year.... I think they get 1 maybe 2 not 3 titles..... which is amazing!

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Coldwater is a great program, but people seem to forget that they lost in the state finals 3 out of the past 6 years, including 3 in a row from 2009-2011. So they are not unbeatable. In fact, every time they played Youngstown Ursuline in the finals, they got blown out. They always have a tough time against teams that play the style of football that Ursuline does ( physical, power running game, fundamentally sound defense).

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Another thing that they aren't remembering is that a Bishop Hartley team that had their 3 best players that were hurt in the Burg game gave Coldwater all they wanted. Coldwater 26 Hartley 14.

It is also nice to see that Burg has Coldwaters attention as I saw a couple Coldwater people at the Valley game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

burgbball wrote:Another thing that they aren't remembering is that a Bishop Hartley team that had their 3 best players that were hurt in the Burg game gave Coldwater all they wanted. Coldwater 26 Hartley 14.

It is also nice to see that Burg has Coldwaters attention as I saw a couple Coldwater people at the Valley game.
Yes they do. Burg seems to be the only team Coldh2o is worried about. I have read on another site about them coming to wherever Burg is playing to scout. Burg should be doing the same thing.

PirateFan888
Waterboy

Post by PirateFan888 »

P(irate) wrote:
burgbball wrote:Another thing that they aren't remembering is that a Bishop Hartley team that had their 3 best players that were hurt in the Burg game gave Coldwater all they wanted. Coldwater 26 Hartley 14.

Yes they do. Burg seems to be the only team Coldh2o is worried about. I have read on another site about them coming to wherever Burg is playing to scout. Burg should be doing the same thing.
Wheelersburg football staff you can bet has already and will continue to scout Coldwater diligently. However, it's still one game at a time.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

No doubt it's that. Coaches are too good to get ahead of themselves. I would expect a dogfight if that game does happen.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Love how this thread has backfired on herbie and turned into a Coldwater Burg thread. LOL

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

burgbball wrote:Love how this thread has backfired on herbie and turned into a Coldwater Burg thread. LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

P(irate) wrote:
burgbball wrote:Love how this thread has backfired on herbie and turned into a Coldwater Burg thread. LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
& this post has turned to as it should be; not assuming a week 11 Ironton ReMatch. I love my Fighting Tigers, but I realize their potential & am realistic about their chances to make week 11. If they do qualify, they will do their best.

The Burg has all the momentum they need & a fan base to back it up. What is aggravating to me is that no matter how much of a fan you are, why root against a team from the past that helped build you up to where you are?

I have not hated, just stated what I feel is the Honest truth. The Burg is consistiently good now, not because of people on a forum, but because of the dogfights you've had with all you're league rivalries & when Ironton had their way & it pushed your community to demand more, & so NOW here you are!!! In a beautiful position to make noise!
I just want you to win & prior to getting there point out whom I have the most concern that can handle you. Now, we're talking about it & that's über positive.

I guess I just have respect for what the past has built into the present.
The "couple" of posters on here going back & forth with just pure hatred for each other because of what' the years have built up, need to respect that.
If they can't, that speaks volumes about how they feel about themselves.
I couldn't imagine still living in the tri-state(which will happen) & not supporting IHS in everything.
If eliminated, then turning around & backing west, burg, Rock hill, as far as they can go.
That's what I'd do. I know not all can financially do that, times are tough. I've been blessed with a solid job, thank-you GOD, that will allow that when home, if it's God's will, to enjoy those times.

That's what I'm all about & im very vested, honest, & a supportive "youthful" 50!!!!lol
GOTIGERSGO !!! Grab your first OVC crown Friday! Be Proud! Let's build back up & stay focused On that & the OVC can be : a consistiently super rocking conference that people across the state talk about, not make fun of.
The future is bright! It may be a few seasons, but that's what it's all about!!!
GOTIGERSGO!!!
Good luck to all SEO teams that rep up the northern trail!!!

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Ironton would be lucky to beat Valley, West, Waverly or Minford. Any of those team would easily compete with Ironton.

IF Irontotn makes it to week 11, then expect the same result as last year. It must hard to accept getting your arse kicked twice by the same team in the same season. :lol:

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Look man, I know the history and I respect that. But when Burg gets no respect from some of these Ironton posters, it's fair game.

obschwie
Waterboy

Post by obschwie »

You forgot to mention that Coldwater's stud QB Brody Hoying got hurt early in that game. Coldwater beat Bishop Hartley three times from 2013-2014.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Hmmm Coldwater scouts at a Burg game this early..really!!! Somebody is dreaming.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

one game at a time and if we are fortunate enough to make it and win the region then everything else is icing on the cake. Y'all are getting crazy!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The difference in the game vs Ironton round 2 is, the Burg's coaches coach, make adjustments, put players in positions to make plays and they aren't afraid to go away from their strength to exploit a particular team/defense. Ironton coaches appear to be sleepwalking or they believe the name alone will win games. You can't be happy about the competiveness of some of the league games. There is one opponent and score one needs to look at to get a little sample of what has transpired over the past several weeks. Valley beat CG by a lot, the Burg controlled all facets of the game against Valley and how did Ironton do against CG?

Return to “Football”