Re: Notre Dame 2010

Post by gwell »

I think it was Sargent Joe Friday that said it best,
"Just the facts, mam."

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

One would think that we would have something better to do on snow days.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

You got more done than me.
I am going to have to do something around the house.
Have a good (rest of the) day

The Game
Waterboy

Post by The Game »

Notre Dame will be fine in 2010! You have a solid group of kids coming back and a coaching staff that is almost a mirror image of the 2000 Titans that went 10-0 and two games deep into the post season. If this team stays healthy and Coach Ashley uses his talent to the best of its ability,(which I am sure he will) this team could very well find themselves in the Regional Championship game in D6 in 2010! So the best thing you can do is get behind this team and its coaching staff! Let us not forget, this is about the kids! Good Luck to Notre Dame Titan Football in 2010!

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

The Game: If you posted to pretend that this poster may be bashing this team would be beyond belief. We didn't see you post when first time poster blueandgold did in fact bash this team.
I have watched most of these players grow from preschool and I am very close to each and every player as if each were my own son. Nobody is more behind and wants success for this team and each player more than me. Before posting next time, I might suggest you take the time to read all of my posts.
Some people may be Kool Aid drinkers, but I am not.

The gwell

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Word from Greenup Co. that former ND OL Coach K B Johnson, brought in to coach pass blocking last year, will be returning to Greenup Co. It would appear that Greenup Co. will be adding a passing attack to their Belly Offense.
Good luck Coach, you did a fine job at ND, but don't show them to much about pass blocking.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Tobias wrote:I'm sure that he wishes that Notre Dame has the best 9-1 regular season that they have ever had...

:mrgreen:

It is my understanding that a top passing QB is going to enroll or has already enrolled at Greenup Co.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

A lot of irony here. Greenup Co. hired a head coach known for his smash mouth, run the ball only, clock control Belly offense may be adding a passing game. And ND that had back to back record breaking passing seasons may be adding even more ground game.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Tobias wrote:gwell wrote:
It is my understanding that a top passing QB is going to enroll or has already enrolled at Greenup Co.

Who is the QB?

Thought you posted on another thread that Mason Rister was transferring back to Greenup Co. from Raceland.
Heard that his arm is a "lethal weapon".

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Tobias- it's great to see someone who still stays close to his boys, even if he isn't coaching them anymore. You must have been great for those guys. I think the team will do quite well this year, definitely playoff-caliber, regardless of the coach. :mrgreen:
gwell- I can tell you mean the best for the boys. I commend you for that. And I know Ashley is no idiot. If the team shows him they can pass, he'll pass as much as he sees fit. Look at it this way; to have a successful air raid, you gotta establish a good ground base. ;-) Ashley will win a lot of games with this group.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Tobias wrote:
...I thought that you meant somebody new had transferred to Greenup County such as maybe.........Brock Hannah?

maybe.........in your dreams
:mrgreen:
Last edited by gwell on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Faclons Forever wrote:Tobias- it's great to see someone who still stays close to his boys, even if he isn't coaching them anymore. You must have been great for those guys. I think the team will do quite well this year, definitely playoff-caliber, regardless of the coach. :mrgreen:
gwell- I can tell you mean the best for the boys. I commend you for that. And I know Ashley is no idiot. If the team shows him they can pass, he'll pass as much as he sees fit. Look at it this way; to have a successful air raid, you gotta establish a good ground base. ;-) Ashley will win a lot of games with this group.

Faclons, nice post. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

gwell

texas dancer
Riding the Bench

Post by texas dancer »

I think the posters should keep in mind that the football players read this stuff and I would hate to think that they could very well get discouraged from all the negative and sarcastic remarks being made on here. And to bring certain boys into this is not fair to each of the boys being named. Remember these boys are just kids and have feelings. So to these posters, have a heart and keep the negative remarks to yourself. Im certain that the boys do not like to be pinpointed and especially when sarcastic comments being made about them. The boys being mentioned are both good boys who stay out of trouble and work very hard with their teammates and give 100% both on and off the field. They are also very good friends and would probably apprectiate not being personally mentioned on this thread. So Good Luck to the Titans and Musketeers and Bobcats. Everyone get out and support these players, their coaches, and hope that they have a great year. Good Luck to each and every boy on these teams. GO!!!! FIGHT !!!!!WIN!!!!!!

foot123ball
Waterboy

Post by foot123ball »

I dont know where this crap came from but he will be at Notre Dame.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

foot123ball
You may have read crap into this. Nobody said or posted to my knowledge that anyone was leaving.
You can be assured that he would "not" leave his brothers at ND.

Update:
After a quick check on the baseball board, you seem to a Symmes Valley fan foot123ball?
Last edited by gwell on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

As a final thought...
Tobias wrote:I read where Coach McKnight could possibly be the new head coach at Green...

...could Brock be in Coach McKnight's dreams?

...with receivers Noel, K. Lewis, July, Saab, R. Lewis, Pierron, and Mader along with the best pass blocking OL in southern Ohio,
who wouldn't dream about this team? I know, I do.

machbuff
Waterboy

Post by machbuff »

gwell wrote:Word from Greenup Co. that former ND OL Coach K B Johnson, brought in to coach pass blocking last year, will be returning to Greenup Co. It would appear that Greenup Co. will be adding a passing attack to their Belly Offense.
Good luck Coach, you did a fine job at ND, but don't show them to much about pass blocking.

Coach Johnson most definitely added to the coaching staff at ND but
not sure why was supposedly brought in to help with pass blocking last year? Didn't the 2008 OL block for both a 1000 yard rusher AND a 1000 yard passer, the first time in school history and with a lot less sacks on the QB? The fact remains that the new coaching staff has set themselves up in a win-win situation, with some great kids that have already been priviledged to a couple of years of some outstanding coaching.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

gwell wrote:along with the best pass blocking OL in southern Ohio

Really ? :?

No really? :?

I don’t mean any disrespect to ND but there isn’t any way that statement is true. Maybe you meant the best in SOC 1. I would believe that.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Man, a few of the old coaches are gonna look great for Notre Dame next year not matter how the season turns out.

If Notre Dame has a great season, it is because of all of the great coaching they had in the past.

If Notre Dame struggles, it will be because of the new coaches. The previous coaches had them primed for a big playoff push.

Return to “Football”