Coal Grove 2010 schedule?

wemufans
All Conference

Re: Coal Grove 2010 schedule?

Post by wemufans »

Replace Rock Hill not South Point, Rock Hill's program has been down in boys and girls for so long and by the looks of Junior High it may be for a while. One exception is baseball and softball. only really bright future I see is in the 7th boys and 6th grade girls with many athletes in those age groups.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I was doing my best to place according to school size(except for Northwest). If any school would be moved I could see moving Rock Hill out and putting Wheelersburg Div I of this mega conference, but this is only a wish and would never happen.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

pappy wrote:why does minford wanting off the schedule not suprise me :roll:

Oh yeah like they were scared of the grove. :lol: Not saying they were easy games, they weren't by a long shot. Coal grove gave us a lot of playoff points, as well as a tough game that only made us better every year. It says something when Athens will not schedule Minford, but will sign right up for the grove. I guess they think their chances of winning against a D V school are better against coal grove than Minford, can't say I disagree with them.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Not trying to start anything but I am glad we are not facing Minford this year, any fans that complain about officials after a win.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I don't see it happenin but I'd like to see burg and cg renew theirs series that they had in the early to mid 90's. Anyone from cg know why the series was ended

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Mad_Dogg wrote:I don't see it happenin but I'd like to see burg and cg renew theirs series that they had in the early to mid 90's. Anyone from cg know why the series was ended

From what I know, Coach Lucas doesn't want to play Wheelersburg during the regular season and then have a chance of seeing them again in the playoffs, in this scenerio the Grove has only one once and that was a barn burner of a game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

2trap_4ever wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:I don't see it happenin but I'd like to see burg and cg renew theirs series that they had in the early to mid 90's. Anyone from cg know why the series was ended

From what I know, Coach Lucas doesn't want to play Wheelersburg during the regular season and then have a chance of seeing them again in the playoffs, in this scenerio the Grove has only one once and that was a barn burner of a game.

that was for sure.

1989: (burg's state title team)

wk 3: burg 29 cg 16
regional finals: burg 28 cg 26

1990: wk 3: burg 12 cg 6
regional semi finals: cg 14 burg 13

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

Like to see the CG- Burg game renewed, I think CG has lowered its expectations over the years. Its not about "wins" its about preparing for the post season game by game.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

ND Titan you are correct, we have lowered our expectations, when I was in school we new every year we were going to be playing some of the best teams and we were going to get everyone's A++ game on Friday nights. We need to get back to those days and the only was is to play the best teams in the area.

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

Thanks 2 trap4ever we think the same way, I love CG but we have always been one of the top three teams in southern ohio and we need to bring the swagger back to CG. We had it once and we can do it again.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Hate to see the Hornets and Falcons not hooking up in 2010, some really exciting games between the two. Good Luck Grove! Hope to see you in the playoffs this season!

Return to “Football”