Sider Football!

Anti-West
Waterboy

Re: Sider Football!

Post by Anti-West »

Maybe next they will move me up, I've been tearing it up on Madden. Back to Back superbowls with the Lions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^ A true Richard Noggin!!!!!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Anti-West wrote:Maybe next they will move me up, I've been tearing it up on Madden. Back to Back superbowls with the Lions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anti-West, I'm sorry not everybody is smart enough or tough enough to be from the WestSide. And from all of your posts, you do not qualify in either category. But I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to tell people I was from LUCASVILLE. Or wear those stupid colors. So I understand your envy.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Black@Orange wrote:I believe West will pass the ball more. The best game West played last year was Waverly. And that was the most balanced game we had. Play action pass helps the whole offense to be better. #3 can throw the ball very well, and with Trevon in the backfield, it could be dangerous. We most certianly don't need to go to a spread. But anyone who watched a game last year, that didn't come away from the game saying, that West is to one dimensional. Doesn't know anything about football. You have the upper hand being on offense, by being able to call the plays. The defense has to react to what you do. But when the defense knows what your doing, every play. Even a player as talented as Trevon, will struggle. Especially against the better teams. So I hope that we will mix it up alittle bet more. New coaches? Might help but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I agree that West should work in a little more play action, but we have to run the ball well first, but there were times when going up against teams we weren't going to push all over the field, like Minford, we could of incorporated this more...but for some reason or another the staff didn't feel confident passing in big games, and theres not much else anyone can do, but support the coaches and support the boys. Fans in general, and especially on the Westside need to understand that coaches in all sports, but football in this case are there for a reason. Even though you might be in the stands thinking do this or do that, I promise there is a method to their madness, and there is no Coach out there that doesn't believe that what they are doing will give there team the best chance to win, Triplett and Co. are no exception to the rule. You also have to think that its a whole different ball game on the field, and there is a lot more pressure on the field calling plays that there is in the bleachers, and even though it seems that Coaches shouldn't feel the pressure and make mistakes they do sometimes, and thats just the way it goes, all coaches do. As far as Triplett, he is a proven winner and knows what he is doing, the guy can coach, and in the weightroom his program is going to make all sports better, not just football...wait and see.

And we all can get on here and say "We need to do this more" or whatever it may be, and while there is some stuff they could probably do different, they are going to make the calls they think that puts them in a position to win, and Im sure they will...we all just have to have faith in themand support them

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

sider wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:I believe West will pass the ball more. The best game West played last year was Waverly. And that was the most balanced game we had. Play action pass helps the whole offense to be better. #3 can throw the ball very well, and with Trevon in the backfield, it could be dangerous. We most certianly don't need to go to a spread. But anyone who watched a game last year, that didn't come away from the game saying, that West is to one dimensional. Doesn't know anything about football. You have the upper hand being on offense, by being able to call the plays. The defense has to react to what you do. But when the defense knows what your doing, every play. Even a player as talented as Trevon, will struggle. Especially against the better teams. So I hope that we will mix it up alittle bet more. New coaches? Might help but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I agree that West should work in a little more play action, but we have to run the ball well first, but there were times when going up against teams we weren't going to push all over the field, like Minford, we could of incorporated this more...but for some reason or another the staff didn't feel confident passing in big games, and theres not much else anyone can do, but support the coaches and support the boys. Fans in general, and especially on the Westside need to understand that coaches in all sports, but football in this case are there for a reason. Even though you might be in the stands thinking do this or do that, I promise there is a method to their madness, and there is no
Coach out there that doesn't believe that what they are doing will give there team the best chance to win, Triplett and Co. are no exception to the rule. You also have to think that its a whole different ball game on the field, and there is a lot more pressure on the field calling plays that there is in the bleachers, and even though it seems that Coaches shouldn't feel the pressure and make mistakes they do sometimes, and thats just the way it goes, all coaches do. As far as Triplett, he is a proven winner and knows what he is doing, the guy can coach, and in the weightroom his program is going to make all sports better, not just football...wait and see.

And we all can get on here and say "We need to do this more" or whatever it may be, and while there is some stuff they could probably do different, they are going to make the calls they think that puts them in a position to win, and Im sure they will...we all just have to have faith in themand support them

good post

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sider wrote:

I agree that West should work in a little more play action, but we have to run the ball well first, but there were times when going up against teams we weren't going to push all over the field, like Minford, we could of incorporated this more...but for some reason or another the staff didn't feel confident passing in big games, and theres not much else anyone can do, but support the coaches and support the boys. Fans in general, and especially on the Westside need to understand that coaches in all sports, but football in this case are there for a reason. Even though you might be in the stands thinking do this or do that, I promise there is a method to their madness, and there is no Coach out there that doesn't believe that what they are doing will give there team the best chance to win, Triplett and Co. are no exception to the rule. You also have to think that its a whole different ball game on the field, and there is a lot more pressure on the field calling plays that there is in the bleachers, and even though it seems that Coaches shouldn't feel the pressure and make mistakes they do sometimes, and thats just the way it goes, all coaches do. As far as Triplett, he is a proven winner and knows what he is doing, the guy can coach, and in the weightroom his program is going to make all sports better, not just football...wait and see.

Good points. I have said it before, I will say it again. You guys have an excellent football coach and everyone on the west side should be glad to have Triplett and Co.

BUT...good coaching only goes so far. Last year was a rebuilding year for the Siders. It was magnified in the O and D lines and D backfield.

You cant throw the ball if your stud tailback cant get through the line of scrimmage. Receivers cant catch passes when the QB is getting sacked in the backfield.

The only good thing about a young, weak line is that a year later they are an much more experienced and stronger line. They all took their bumps last year and I am sure they didnt forget what it was like being pushed around.

I can see West having a very good season this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I look for West to show a more diverse offense this year. As has been stated, our offensive front should be better which will allow us to do more things. We should have more speed in the backfield, and I look for West to use that speed to try and get outside more like we were able to do 2 years ago. To me, that was the difference last year, we weren't able to get the ball outside on the sweeps. I would like to see us run more single and double wing stuff. Running Trevon out of the single back set while using the threat of the jet sweep could be really hard to stop.

I really liked the way Coshocton used the double wing against Ironton. Instead of a TE, both were split out as wideouts. In this set, you get on the corner very fast with the sweeps and counters while still having the threat of pass to the wideouts. They also ran a couple halfback passes off the counters. They had Ironton completely confused.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

siderman wrote:I look for West to show a more diverse offense this year. As has been stated, our offensive front should be better which will allow us to do more things. We should have more speed in the backfield, and I look for West to use that speed to try and get outside more like we were able to do 2 years ago. To me, that was the difference last year, we weren't able to get the ball outside on the sweeps. I would like to see us run more single and double wing stuff. Running Trevon out of the single back set while using the threat of the jet sweep could be really hard to stop.

I really liked the way Coshocton used the double wing against Ironton. Instead of a TE, both were split out as wideouts. In this set, you get on the corner very fast with the sweeps and counters while still having the threat of pass to the wideouts. They also ran a couple halfback passes off the counters. They had Ironton completely confused.

Yeah we ran something similar to this when tipton was there, except where you use a Tight end on one side an a split on the other, it was like a wing-t except instead of using a halfback and running a buck sweep you move him up to a tight slot, send him on a jet motion and run jet sweep, which is set up by the zone play, then after you establish the zone and jet, you run a counter to your wing or b back...its a very versitile offense, especially when you use two splits and do a run and shoot type thing...it would definitely be something to look into...and those halfback passes out of that are pretty crazy, and everyone knows Triplett likes to get tricky sometimes, so you never know...at this point anyones guess is as good as mine, but I know one things we will have size and strength up front we could be averaging something like 250 on the oline, I know size isn't everything, but our lines shouldn't be a bunch of slouches next year...shoot they weren't last year, they were as strong as anyone, they just werent confident.

West Side Pride
All Conference

I believe the offense will be fine, I know everyone wants to change, and maybe a little. Still yet again everyone
says how young the line was and how much better they will be......that's still offense. Portsmouth, minford, valley,
those games where lost on the d-line and secondary. They will be 100% better there.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

West Side Pride wrote:I believe the offense will be fine, I know everyone wants to change, and maybe a little. Still yet again everyone
says how young the line was and how much better they will be......that's still offense. Portsmouth, minford, valley,
those games where lost on the d-line and secondary. They will be 100% better there.

No one wants to bring up special teams? Cost us the Portsmouth game, and was a big part of the 21pt. first quarter against Burg. Special teams is a area that really needs an overhall. From the kicking, to the punting, to the blocking, and the coverages. They all need help.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Special teams is another area where that depth is gonna be a big factor. Last year most of the starters had to play kickoff and punt. They never got a rest. That should be different.

If Auger keeps working he'll be an excellent kicker. He was just young last year and lost his confidence.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Stopped by weight lifting today and in the back corner of the weight room, under all the shoulder pads and football
pants, I saw something get up. It looked around then took a deep breath as if it had been in a year and a half
hibernation. It glared at me as the huge thing stretched it's muscles and then yawned. No way could I take my
eye's off of the tall, ripped, thick.......thing. I knew I had seen it before, but it was bigger and looked more serious
in it's expression than ever. I watched as it moved from one side of the room to the other, nobody else saw him
or even looked in his direction. Then suddenly he walked right through the middle of the weight room, headed toward the restroom. As he walked past me I seen something etched in his back was the letters and numbers
read: 3HM......But the funny thing was he had on receiver gloves. BTW he looks pi$$ed!!!
Boy am I happy to see him again.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

West Side Pride wrote:Stopped by weight lifting today and in the back corner of the weight room, under all the shoulder pads and football
pants, I saw something get up. It looked around then took a deep breath as if it had been in a year and a half
hibernation. It glared at me as the huge thing stretched it's muscles and then yawned. No way could I take my
eye's off of the tall, ripped, thick.......thing. I knew I had seen it before, but it was bigger and looked more serious
in it's expression than ever. I watched as it moved from one side of the room to the other, nobody else saw him
or even looked in his direction. Then suddenly he walked right through the middle of the weight room, headed toward the restroom. As he walked past me I seen something etched in his back was the letters and numbers
read: 3HM......But the funny thing was he had on receiver gloves. BTW he looks pi$$ed!!!

Man, I want some of whatever your smoking! ;-)

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Incognito wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:Stopped by weight lifting today and in the back corner of the weight room, under all the shoulder pads and football

Man, I want some of whatever your smoking! ;-)

I would too...I would also like to know what he was talking about :122245

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Don't get it. Help me.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Three headed monster, I got it.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I get the three headed monster reference, but I don't think well have that this year...especially in passing game :lol:

West Side Pride
All Conference

Then don't think, besides, it was just a silly story for fun.
No doubt that Trevon will be unbelievable. Kyle Auger will be as good as anyone else has, a true meaning of the
term athlete. Can't wait to see Jarred Bricker this year run the ball with as strong as he is. Corey summers
is returning and that kids feet don't touch the ground when he runs, awsome in open field. Justin Crace, well
that's enough said. Still have Adam bricker, which for 165 pounds will hit you like 225, then step on you for the
1st down. ( I did'nt get the reference for the smilie face, unless it was just being smart)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Corey Summers told me the same back in football season. I talked to him a couple times after games and you could tell he really missed it. He could be a great back. Vision and shifty. He doesn't have to change directions, he bounces to the other hole without breaking stride.

West Side Pride
All Conference

You are very right, could be very good.

Return to “Football”