Ironton Fighting Tigers vs Ashland Tomcats

tk421
Varsity

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers vs Ashland Tomcats

Post by tk421 »

Ironton beat themselves. 4 turnovers and multiple penalties. Just not a good game at all.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Wow, that's 2 ot of 3 that the Tomcats have won against Ironton. If this keeps up, they're going to start sayin "It's just Ironton". :122249

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

ironton is a really good team that will prolly make a deep tourny run...ashland has been a really tough team year in and year out..people sayin ironton would blow em out got prooved wrong...never underestimate a ky team

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

What the greatest team in the history of Ohio got beat by Ashland? How did that happen?

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Starting to wonder if there is any really good teams around the area this year? Thought Tigers were the cream of the crop. Might still be, but surprised by this one.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

def. not the greatest team in the history of ohio...lol

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

the score does not indicate the game. 4 turnovers countless penalties beat us. We had a chance to beat them but we beat ourselves. Ashland is good but not 28-6 good. They kept their starters in even with 2 minutes left. Next year in Tanks its gonna be a long day. They shot fireworks cannons acted like it was the superbowl. They havent been anywhere near a state playoff game in decades. We will correct our mistakes and still be the cream of the crop. Tough to play your first road game in a hostile environment.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

tigerfan98 wrote:the score does not indicate the game. 4 turnovers countless penalties beat us. We had a chance to beat them but we beat ourselves. Ashland is good but not 28-6 good. They kept their starters in even with 2 minutes left. Next year in Tanks its gonna be a long day. They shot fireworks cannons acted like it was the superbowl. They havent been anywhere near a state playoff game in decades. We will correct our mistakes and still be the cream of the crop. Tough to play your first road game in a hostile environment.
LOL

Ask Wheelersburg about that.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

tigerfan98 wrote:the score does not indicate the game. 4 turnovers countless penalties beat us. We had a chance to beat them but we beat ourselves. Ashland is good but not 28-6 good. They kept their starters in even with 2 minutes left. Next year in Tanks its gonna be a long day. They shot fireworks cannons acted like it was the superbowl. They havent been anywhere near a state playoff game in decades. We will correct our mistakes and still be the cream of the crop. Tough to play your first road game in a hostile environment.
I sat through that whole game and I agree the score is not a indicator of the game difference Ironton did kill them self's with turnovers and I will leave it at that Ironton will regroup and prepare for the next game

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Give Ashalnd credit they played good Ironton played the other way!

But the Hager call down hurt early in the game.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:ALL I'M KEEP HEARIN FROM MY TIGER FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK. IS HOW DEY GONNA RIP THE TIGERS A NEW REAREND. ALL I GOTTA SAY IS SAY:

YOU OLE TOMCATS YOU, WHAT CHA GONNA DO WHEN TIGERMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHERRRRRRR.
Apparently loose , and loose big :122247

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Wow, both teams had nice athletes. Both teams had plenty of penalties. Both teams had excellent QB's. The difference to me was that Ashland had a better game plan and capitalized on opportunites, looked to be in better shape in the 4th quarter. The Ashland QB seemed to be able to read Ironton secondary coverages and picked it apart. He was able to roll left or right without any pressure. Great arm. Ironton QB was pretty good on the pass too, but didn't see it till late in game.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

huedawg wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:ALL I'M KEEP HEARIN FROM MY TIGER FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK. IS HOW DEY GONNA RIP THE TIGERS A NEW REAREND. ALL I GOTTA SAY IS SAY:

YOU OLE TOMCATS YOU, WHAT CHA GONNA DO WHEN TIGERMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHERRRRRRR.
6-0 halftime score didn't lose big just got lost period 4 turnovers and a dropped pass inside of 5 yards line on 4th down will do that.
Ironton beat them selfs with 3 fumbles coming trying for that extra yard

98jettakeoff
Waterboy

Post by 98jettakeoff »

There is a difference between running hard, and trying for extra yardage. Cover up the ball and give some pop back to the defense! Ashland didn't beat Ironton. Ironton beat Ironton.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Even when you guys get beat some of you can't say anything good about the other team! Iron ton appears to have never lost a game, they just give them away.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Pol Pot wrote:Even when you guys get beat some of you can't say anything good about the other team! Iron ton appears to have never lost a game, they just give them away.

Well said!
I 2nd that!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:my biggest concern is the actual ball itself, and how we hold it. i know you younguns read this, so take this to heart. never, ever let the ball loose from your body, always carry the ball high n tight in the armpit area , tuck 1 end into your pit, and squeeze the other end like you are packin a million dollars through new york. when you come through the line, both hands on each end of the ball at all times, not sometimes.when you break free, and head toward a sideline, transfer the ball to the outer arm, closest to the sideline , and use that stiff arm as a weapon, don't let people cut your legs, blast them with a stiffarm, and turn their legs into jelly. and if you do somehow lose the ball , since the football is in your arm nearest the sideline. you would still have possession of the ball, if it goes out of bounds.and finally lower that shoulder, towards contact make sure the ball is secured, i mean secure as in if you get knocked into tookie tookie land that ball is still there.get up fast, and show no signs of wear, as if you are daring someone to try you again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LIKE I WAS SAYING.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

huedawg wrote:

--------------------------------------------ACTUALLY HUE , THAT'S LOSE AS IN L-O-S-E. AND WE DID. WHAT ARE YA GONNA DO MAN, IT HAPPENS,
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ACTUALLY I COUNTED 5 FUMBLES MAYBE I'M WRONG. and hagar was never down on the return, that being said, it was the close slobber knocker i predicted, the trouble is ashland had a very solid ball team, and took advantage of the mistakes , and handed it to the fighting tigers.tha's how bait saw it. sure there were some call's and they held us all night. we just refuse to cover the ball up in traffic. and the same will continue, until backs are taught prroperly how to put the ball away. and get it in their outside arm.and use stiffarms. like they say in the barber shop--------next. beat by a better team ronight.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

local superstar wrote:Wow, both teams had nice athletes. Both teams had plenty of penalties. Both teams had excellent QB's. The difference to me was that Ashland had a better game plan and capitalized on opportunites, looked to be in better shape in the 4th quarter. The Ashland QB seemed to be able to read Ironton secondary coverages and picked it apart. He was able to roll left or right without any pressure. Great arm. Ironton QB was pretty good on the pass too, but didn't see it till late in game.
---------------------------very good assessment.

Return to “Football”