Thoughts on Warren Football Season

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Re: Thoughts on Warren Football Season

Post by bigcatmarietta »

I am trying to learn how to ignore what people say. There are just times I can’t seem to do it. This is one of those times. I just happen to have a DNA revo helmet, and a Varsity helmet from last season sitting around. The varsity helmet was used buy a player and has all pads in it, a chin strap on it with a under armor cover on it. There are also pieces on it to hold a Oakley visor. Having wrote all that the total weight on a digital scale is…… 3lb 8oz. Those ”much lighter” shoulder pads even wet do not weigh more than 5lbs. Funny how you called my post not worthy or whatever you said and you can’t tell what 5 pounds and 10 pounds feel like. If I had to guess I would say you have not picked a helmet up in a while if ever. If you could, just for a second, stop letting everyone know how what they say is wrong and just support your team. Stop saying what they are not capable of and just wait and see. The new coaches may not change anything, they may change everything. It’s up to them, the kids, the coaches, THE TEAM. Don’t talk about what they can’t do, or what they have done. The past is the past. Last year for warren was great; this team is not the same, they will be so much better in some areas and not in others. If you are not in the weight room or watching the kids train now, you have no idea how fast or not fast any of those kids are. This should go for any school, talk the kids up, don’t give them a preconceived idea of what they can’t do. Don’t start a vibe with any kid that reads this and start them out about how there will be some things they can’t do. These kids and any kid on any other team can do anything. Work hard for it and GO GET IT!!!

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

bigcatmarietta wrote:I am trying to learn how to ignore what people say. There are just times I can’t seem to do it. This is one of those times. I just happen to have a DNA revo helmet, and a Varsity helmet from last season sitting around. The varsity helmet was used buy a player and has all pads in it, a chin strap on it with a under armor cover on it. There are also pieces on it to hold a Oakley visor. Having wrote all that the total weight on a digital scale is…… 3lb 8oz. Those ”much lighter” shoulder pads even wet do not weigh more than 5lbs. Funny how you called my post not worthy or whatever you said and you can’t tell what 5 pounds and 10 pounds feel like. If I had to guess I would say you have not picked a helmet up in a while if ever. If you could, just for a second, stop letting everyone know how what they say is wrong and just support your team. Stop saying what they are not capable of and just wait and see. The new coaches may not change anything, they may change everything. It’s up to them, the kids, the coaches, THE TEAM. Don’t talk about what they can’t do, or what they have done. The past is the past. Last year for warren was great; this team is not the same, they will be so much better in some areas and not in others. If you are not in the weight room or watching the kids train now, you have no idea how fast or not fast any of those kids are. This should go for any school, talk the kids up, don’t give them a preconceived idea of what they can’t do. Don’t start a vibe with any kid that reads this and start them out about how there will be some things they can’t do. These kids and any kid on any other team can do anything. Work hard for it and GO GET IT!!!

Very nice post bigcarmarietta! I agree we need to give both the coaching staff and the team our support. And quit bickering over how fast the team will be with or without equipment. Let the coaching staff and the players worry about what offence they will run. Thanks for the support.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Let me see, I have read you posts on many subjects , many times and you are the last word on all topics. Well each school used different equipment, different brands, different ages, different styles. And I would wonder why you have a helmet laying around from last year? School property? But alas I guess you are the sage on all topics. I digress here. I have the ability to check on things as well and I will still stand by my previous post. And I will end this topic for me anyway, I am sure you cannot let this end here. As I alluded in my earlier post I am sure that Coach Schob and his staff will get the job done. I am done here.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........hahahahahahaha!!!
Last word last word. Haha I got it. My goal in life. I'll go on knowing now that I've done it one more time. What a fool. I read some of your post, your posting on Marietta topics, your way off there. As for this topic you only tell everyone what the kids can't do. But u got it I'm the bad guy.

As for wmom I never had a dog in the speed vs whatever deal. I just had to laugh when someone thinks a football player has 35lbs of equipment on while playing. Our us military only packs 60lbs including there gun and amo.

So nice to know aurburn guy won't post anymore. I bet the pm's start now. Or he will use another name he has.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

I do know this about Andy he is going around to all the grade schools in the district with some of the high school players and are talking to the boys of the junior high and those who will be playing in the final year of the youth league to see where Warren football stands as far as the numbers go, this is being proactive in my book in getting ready for the future.
I would still like to know the full line up of the coaching staff for next year, anyone heard yet?

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

bigbluedad wrote:I do know this about Andy he is going around to all the grade schools in the district with some of the high school players and are talking to the boys of the junior high and those who will be playing in the final year of the youth league to see where Warren football stands as far as the numbers go, this is being proactive in my book in getting ready for the future.
I would still like to know the full line up of the coaching staff for next year, anyone heard yet?

wow i hope he doesn't take his assistant coach with him, he (shriver), totally disagrees with youth football programs, just ask any one of the board members of the belpre youth football program ! ! !

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Zero,

Why don't you leave the man alone? He has moved on, respect his decision.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I guess some people talk out their collective behind because their mouth knows better. The sage of the all knowing, master of all things shall not be wrong or even the least little bit willing to ever be wrong. Good luck to the new coach and his staff. I have said before that I believe they will make the right decisions. Just wont be able to conatain my humiliation at someone that can put "ha" together for a whole line, wow. I am so, very sorry that I actually thought that I might actually know something, but alas, I now know that I and many others know absolutely nothing about anything. Any bets that bigcat will have to have the last word. I am doing this just to see if can let something go, Bet the car payment he can't.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

DRAMA!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

pride21; I must say I agree with ya. So I am willing to agree to disagree and move on. Many kids in the weight room and many playing for the first time in years. The enthusaiam level is great. What a wonder a winning season will do. Gook luck to this years edition of Warren Football.

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

Who is going to be starting this year? Any thoughts?

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Just a guess here.
D-Backs-Hastie, Miller, Kuhn
Lb Inside- Henthorne/Barrows
Lb Outside-Harlow?/Rohr
De-Harlow?/Fivecoaite
DL-Pick-em several biguns
C-Zimmerman
Ol-several good ones to pick from
TE-Fivecoaite/Venham
QB-Hilverding/Leffingwell
RB-Hastie/Miller/Barrows
FB-Henthorne
And a host that I forgot. Well its a jumping off point. Add to this of change it.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Just trying to keep this near the top.

Go Blue

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

Football Football Football!! Go Warriors :mrgreen:

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Keep lifting boys! Football season is fast approaching.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Tvc87 wrote:Should be a tough I see them losing the opener to Belpre.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about.
Belpre's Football program is going down the train,
and two players aren't going to stop that.
I'd love to see warren top last years 56-0 :)

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

I LOOK FORWARD TO FOOTBALL SEASON WITH GREAT ANTICIPATION.....PIFER GOT THINGS HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, NOW LET'S HOPE SCHOB'S TRANSITION WILL BE EFFECTIVE....HE HAS A VERY GOOD COACHING GROUP AND HAS GOOD KIDS WHO ARE HUNGRY TO CONTINUE WINNING....ALSO HEARING SOME GOOD ATHLETES FROM THE HALLWAYS AND OTHER SPORTS ARE PLANNING TO JOIN THE FUN! WILL HAVE GREAT NUMBERS AND ENTHUSIAM TO BUILD ON LAST YEARS SUCCESSFUL SEASON.....CAN'T WAIT TILL JULY!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Curt Shriver has officially been added to the Warriors' staff....this should be a great advantage to Coach Schob to have another former head coach on staff in addition to Coach Riffey.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Who can tell me the full coaching line up for our Warriors starting with Andy Schob,Riff,and Shriver. Who else made the cut to be on staff?

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

with any luck at all the new WarrenWarriorfootball.com website will be online this weekend and the Coaches will be on that site. that will be the site to get all your Warren football answers! Thanks

Return to “Football”