Thoughts on Warren Football Season

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Akron 7 on 7

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

A 7 on 7 update: The Warriors are in a 20 team 7 on 7 tournament today at the University of Akron. Thus far they are 5-0 and have defeated Tuscarawas Central Catholic, Woodridge, PA, Smithville, Orville, and Wadsworth. They will now move into the main stadium to play in a semi-final game, likely against Gateway from Pittsburgh, PA. Gateway was on ESPN recently playing in a national 7 on 7 tournament, so it should be interesting to see how the Warren boys do.

What an awesome experience for these kids!

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Re: Thoughts on Warren Football Season

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

After talking to coach Schob after this was posted he reminded me of certain details i forgot. Sorry for the mix up. If i get full stats ill post them on the website!

from Warrenwarriorfootball.com

As the Calendar page indicates, the Warrior Football team has been busy the past 2 days. At 4:30 Thursday night the Warriors started a 7on7 Tournament at Muskingum College, in New Concord Oh. By the end of the night, the Warriors were 4-0 and tournament champs. The Warriors took care of business playing and beating Coshocton, Sheridan, John Glenn, and River View during their time at Muskingum College.
The coaching staff was unaware the Warriors were just warming up! Friday, day 2, the Warriors, showed up in Akron Oh, at the University of Akron Stadium, reloaded and took on some tuff challenges from power house teams, from both, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Big names teams such as Gateway (PA), who is the defending 7on7 National Champions, who earned that title last week in Oregon at the 7on7 National championships .Those games were aired on ESPN. Other notable teams were New Castle (PA), and Orville (OH) to name a few.
The big names schools and awards that surrounded the Warriors didn’t seem to shake them. The warriors opened up the day with a one point win over Woodridge. After Woodbridge was Tuscararus Central Catholic falling to the Warriors. Riding the high of a 2-0 start to open the day, the warriors took on a very tuff Wadsworth team out of Cleveland Oh. With less than 6 minutes, the warriors found themselves down 2 Touchdowns. The warrior Offence took charge and scored 2 touchdowns, the defense held, with 30 seconds left in the game fireworks erupted; Grant Venham gets a pick 6 for the Warriors to win the game and move on in the tournament! After that the Warriors took care of Smithville, and a very good Orville team. With one team left to get into the championship game, New Castle(PA) stood in the way. The Warriors fought hard and with 45 seconds left scored a TD and then the 2pt conversion gave the Warriors the WIN! The championship game was set for Warren and the 7on7 National champs Gateway! Due to rule differences, Gateway playing without Helmets and Warren with, the game was not played and Warren and Gateway were Co-Champions.
The Warrior players and coaches deserve to be congratulated! So congratulations to this year’s warriors, Players and Coaches alike. Keep up the hard work and continue to gel! Considering the time the team has had to learn this new offense and the changes on defense, the Warriors are looking great. Everyone is working so hard and that hard work is going to pay off.
GREAT JOB AND GO BLUE!!!!
Last edited by warrenwarrior55 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

All the warrior fans need to get behind and support warrens new football website. Buying ads helps the football team get what they need. Also there are ads up now from our sponsors that we would love everyone to check out. Our newest sponsor Danny's Pizza in Barlow is helping us put together the hall of fame part of Warrenwarriorfootball.com. With the enormous amount of info Jim Rhodes has from him and other Warrior fans, that part of the site when done will be awesome. Also with help Mr. Rhodes will have Books of history at the Home games so people can help him stay current with all the Warrior stats from 1960 until today.

please remember you do not have to own a business, you can buy space to wish players or coaches good luck, happy birthday whatever you like. Support the warriors anyway you can. GO BLUE!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Winning usually breeds winning so I am excited to see this team in action this season. Good luck this year Warriors can't wait for our meeting to see if either team can play to last years squads.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

Unfortunately I was unable to go to the 7 on 7 passing tournaments, however I wish I had taken the time and made it happen. As a parent of one of the Varsity Seniors I got the call telling me they were Co-champions and they had went 10-0 in the two days worth of tournaments. Now my son does not get very excited and normally I get a we did ok, but that call was the most excited I have heard him about football for awhile. He wasn’t even that excited about King’s Island. I think this confidence is what they need. Warren will have a good team this year and for the first time since I can remember we will have a full Varsity, JV and Freshman team. Warren has turned the corner and I am just so glad that Coach Schob is here for his senior year. I was worried when Pifer retired but I could not be happier with the coaching staff. I know they are all working hard and the effort is starting to show. Lets Go Big Blue!!

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

WarriorMom go to the facebook website. There are pictures of the Muskingum and Akron 7 on 7's. There were some awesome catches. You can probably find your kid in some of the pictures!

playaction
Waterboy

Post by playaction »

website looks great, good to see Warren getting something like this to get the kids recognition.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

There are new photos on the facebook page from the youth football camp today. They are some great pictures of the players and the kids. The pictures were taken by No Limits Images-K. Detlor. They were great shots and fun to look at, Thank You.

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

the warriors are doing very well so far. Undefeated at muskingum and akron 7 on 7s. schob is doing a very very good job so far. the boys are doing great too. now that the season is almost to a start up. Does anyone have an idea of starters?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Man, I wish we would have had hype like this the past four years while I was there!

Practice starts in earnest tomorrow morning! Best of luck to Coach Schob and the Boys in Blue

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

I agree! They held a midnight practice and had almost 400 there to watch! Great show of support for these boys!

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

The boys travel to Pt. Pleasant today for 10am scrimage, good luck and drinks lots of water, going to be hotter than you know what!

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

A few things from today that caught my eye...

Warren did a great job of hitting our defense up with big plays. Hopefully our best corner gets healthy before the year so that our secondary can get realigned. Safeties didn't do a very good job today but when JeWaan goes back there instead of having to play corner like he did today, we'll be fine. I thought our defense did pretty good otherwise other than giving up those big plays and a few screen passes.

Offensively, I thought our first two drives went pretty well. Nice to see how much our young quarterback continues to progress. He looked pretty good in the spread. The next series we ran more power football, JeWaan looked pretty good at times in that set at the fullback spot.

All in all, a day of positives for us really, just not in that secondary.

What about you Warren fans?

Return to “Football”