Waterboy

oak hill vs. burg.?

Post by oak hill oak »

whos gonna win next year?

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Re: oak hill vs. burg.?

Post by Faclons Forever »

Ask me in about 6 months :oops: Too soon to tell the final score. But I'd say burg in a close one.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I just know this about Oak Hill . . . EVERYONE thought they would lose 3 games or so last year. I thought they would lose to Trimble and Minford. After they beat Trimble the way they did (33-0 held Dyla to around 50 yds), I went down and watched them play Minford. Good team they could run the ball, pass, and their defense was very good. I returned to watch them in the playoffs against Coal Grove. Again, EVERYONE thought they would get beaten. They won 42-14! I won't predict they will lose until they do. I think they run the table again this year. Although I do think the 'Burg, Minford, and the team from the Cincy area (forget their name) will be tough hard fought games. Just don't bet against them. They proved EVERYONE wrong last year!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Da Bears wrote:I just know this about Oak Hill . . . EVERYONE thought they would lose 3 games or so last year. I thought they would lose to Trimble and Minford. After they beat Trimble the way they did (33-0 held Dyla to around 50 yds), I went down and watched them play Minford. Good team they could run the ball, pass, and their defense was very good. I returned to watch them in the playoffs against Coal Grove. Again, EVERYONE thought they would get beaten. They won 42-14! I won't predict they will lose until they do. I think they run the table again this year. Although I do think the 'Burg, Minford, and the team from the Cincy area (forget their name) will be tough hard fought games. Just don't bet against them. They proved EVERYONE wrong last year!

Trimble would get beat by the same score by everyone around here. Minford.....hmm a little home field cooking was involved there and didnt Coal Grove lose there starting QB in the first half? Not saying the Oaks arent good because they are. But its tough to beat good teams multiple weeks in a row. Lets face it, last year Minford was in a recipe for disaster. 1) Coming off a physically and emotional exhausting victory against Coal Grove. 2) Playing a team they beat to the tune of 41-0? the year before cant really remember. 3) Playing conference top dog in Wheelersburg the next week. Combine this with Oak Hill's only threat to deny them the playoffs and undefeated season, it was bad from the get go. But anyhow, this team reminds me of the 06 Lucasville Valley team. Return all skill positions as well as the majority of the defense and o- line from the regional runner up team the year before.They decided to up there schedule difficulty and play tough teams week in and week out final record...... 5-5.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Incognito---stop embarrassing yourself with your excuses about "home-cooking". Oak Hill was the better team, period. I am sure the good people of Minford are sick of your whining.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Not an excuse. Its a fact, an Oak Hill poster posted the video of the controversial call on here and quickly took it down when everyone and there brother said it was a bull call. The flag just so happend to be thrown by a ref who hugged QB Sloan after the game... what would you call that? Heck even an Oak Hill fan on the way out of the stadium said we got screwed. Sorry if my "whining" bothers you. It just kills me when oak hill fans get on here and make threads like this. They beat one good team and now they can take on the powers of ironton, burg or youngstown ursuline.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

the qb from coal grove could have played a perfect game last year, and they would still get beat. last year oakhill was that much better than they were. slone was the one who was out of his usual realm, he just wasn't clicking like he usually is. i am not oakhill fan but give credit where its due, oakhill was the best team by far. with the 26 jrs returning look out this year.

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

incognito i cant wait till oak hill plays u guys again so we can prove who the better team is cause im sick of hearing bout slone hugging the ref.!! YOU LOST!! get used to the idea cause its not changing!
oak hill knows they got a very good team comming back and wanted to test themselves alittle bit! dosent mean they thing they can beat everyone!
good luck to minford and their town next season! hopefully people like this doesnt cry to much next year!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

So if minford wins next year and our slone hugs the ref we won't hear any complaing from you folks? Doubt that...

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg had better show up for this game. OH is battle tested, very good atheletes coming back, and I would assume, hungry!! JMO!!

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

If Minford outplays Oak Hill next year the way OH outplayed Minford this year then people from OH should not whine.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Incognito- please get over it. It was a very close game that could have went either way. I dont think you can blame a loss on one bad call. Your making us look bad...

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

i would like to see Oak Hill win this game. However, I think the burg will win by 3 td's.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

HSFBFAN wrote:i would like to see Oak Hill win this game. However, I think the burg will win by 3 td's.

I think Burg will win but it will be closer then the experts think :-D

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

28Buck wrote:Incognito- please get over it. It was a very close game that could have went either way. I dont think you can blame a loss on one bad call. Your making us look bad...

Let`s see, one bad call, the flag was thrown after the runner broke free for a touchdown !
Also, the Boy it was called on, #54 was laying on his back at the time of the call. :oops:
I have a DVD of the game, and have watched it time and time again !!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Redman wrote:
28Buck wrote:Incognito- please get over it. It was a very close game that could have went either way. I dont think you can blame a loss on one bad call. Your making us look bad...

Let`s see, one bad call, the flag was thrown after the runner broke free for a touchdown !
Also, the Boy it was called on, #54 was laying on his back at the time of the call. :oops:
I have a DVD of the game, and have watched it time and time again !!

It was a bad call but complaining about it on every thread started is not going to change the call. It's in the past nothing we can do about it so stop complaining about it and move on. Minford will have its chance at revenge this season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Faclons Forever wrote:Ask me in about 6 months :oops: Too soon to tell the final score. But I'd say burg in a close one.

I agree it's way to early

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Incognito wrote:Not an excuse. Its a fact, an Oak Hill poster posted the video of the controversial call on here and quickly took it down when everyone and there brother said it was a bull call. The flag just so happend to be thrown by a ref who hugged QB Sloan after the game... what would you call that? Heck even an Oak Hill fan on the way out of the stadium said we got screwed. Sorry if my "whining" bothers you. It just kills me when oak hill fans get on here and make threads like this. They beat one good team and now they can take on the powers of ironton, burg or youngstown ursuline.

ursuline would hammer oak hill IMO

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Dean wrote:Incognito---stop embarrassing yourself with your excuses about "home-cooking". Oak Hill was the better team, period. I am sure the good people of Minford are sick of your whining.

Dean- the "phantom" call is still talked about around Minford. That was one of the worst calls I have ever watched in high school sports.

Now that I have said that, let me say this: Oak Hill won the game and Minford played flat as a pancake. They didnt deserve to win from the way they played, but they didnt deserve to get cooked either. They should have never been in that position to allow one call to decide the game.

I also think that Oak Hill will beat Burg next year. JMO

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I think that it will be a close game. Too early to make win or lose projections. I think Oak Hill will miss Odenara (sp) a lot.

Return to “Football”