SOUTHERN TORNADOES 2010

Tornado Fan
JV Team

SOUTHERN TORNADOES 2010

Post by Tornado Fan »

Any thoughts.....does anyone know the schedule for southern....

week 1 at symmes valley
week 2 at wahama
week 3 vs trimble
week 4 at ?
week 5 vs meigs
week 6 vs fed hock
week 7 vs miller
week 8 at ?
week 9 vs ?
week 10 at eastern

weeks 4, 8, and 9 is against south gallia, belpre, n waterford but i dont know where they stand...i think belpre is 4 n waterford is 8 n south gallia is 9 but im not for sure

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Re: SOUTHERN TORNADOES 2010

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I am guessing this to be one of the tougher schedules Southern has ever had.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:I am guessing this to be one of the tougher schedules Southern has ever had.

Jeremy Dill will tell you that Southerns toughest schedule ever was Dave Gual's last year as coach when they played Chesapeake, South Point, trimble , and others. Of course, he will also tell you that he was the best player on that team and that Dave was the best coach Southern ever had. That team finished 5-5.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Dave Gaul might have been the most underachieving coach ever at Southern. He only had the best runningback in school history along with the best reciever and best QB and they only managed 5-5. Granted the line that year was terrible. As i remember they had two big kids that everyone thought had college potential...........HAH!

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Dave Gaul played college football at OU, I realize thisdoesn't make a great coach, but he might be more qualified than a lot of posters on this site. The running back was good as long as he could get to the sideline and then out run everyone. He reminded me of Franco Harris, looking for the sidelines. Personally, the backs I remember from the SVAC days were Mitch Nease, and Greg Dunning. Those fellows were tough and would out run you and could run over you. Dave was a good coach and 5-5 at Southern, they should erect a monument in his honor. That was an accomplishemnt!

BRIDGEPORT01
Freshman Team

Post by BRIDGEPORT01 »

OHSAA has your schedule like this

WEEK 1 @ SYMMES VALLEY
WEEK 2 SOUTH GALLIA
WEEK 3 @ BELPRE
WEEK 4 FEDERAL HOCKING
WEEK 5 MEIGS
WEEK 6 WAHAMA (WV)
WEEK 7 MILLER
WEEK 8 @ WATERFORD
WEEK 9 TRIMBLE
WEEK 10 @ EASTERN

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

BRIDGEPORT01 wrote:OHSAA has your schedule like this

WEEK 1 @ SYMMES VALLEY
WEEK 2 SOUTH GALLIA
WEEK 3 @ BELPRE
WEEK 4 FEDERAL HOCKING
WEEK 5 MEIGS
WEEK 6 WAHAMA (WV)
WEEK 7 MILLER
WEEK 8 @ WATERFORD
WEEK 9 TRIMBLE
WEEK 10 @ EASTERN

This is a tough schedule for Southern. They lost some talented seniors from a 5-5 team. I hope I am wrong, but it is hard to see them winning many games.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

dynamo wrote:Dave Gaul played college football at OU, I realize thisdoesn't make a great coach, but he might be more qualified than a lot of posters on this site. The running back was good as long as he could get to the sideline and then out run everyone. He reminded me of Franco Harris, looking for the sidelines. Personally, the backs I remember from the SVAC days were Mitch Nease, and Greg Dunning. Those fellows were tough and would out run you and could run over you. Dave was a good coach and 5-5 at Southern, they should erect a monument in his honor. That was an accomplishemnt!

On the money dynamo. You are a very credible source since you are the best LB coach ever at Eastern. The back in question at Southern led his team to an unimpressive win over a rebuilding Eastern team in that 5-5 season you were mentioning earlier. I know becasue I PLAYED against him a little that year.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

a couple other good running backs were dave talbot,wade connolly,greg nease,and charlie boso with connolly being one of the best at southern,i think he went on to play some in college.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Dynamo told me once thet he knew Wade Connolly could run a 4.3 forty yard dash. I laways used that as motivation to train harder as I was getting ready to play in college.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

baldy.....i think you are barking up the wrong tree on dynamo. He is only acting like he knows about eastern. make him answer a few more questions that only a member of the 95 tvc champ team would know and you will see.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

baldeagle wrote:Dynamo told me once thet he knew Wade Connolly could run a 4.3 forty yard dash. I laways used that as motivation to train harder as I was getting ready to play in college.

thirtyonetrap wrote:baldy.....i think you are barking up the wrong tree on dynamo. He is only acting like he knows about eastern. make him answer a few more questions that only a member of the 95 tvc champ team would know and you will see.

Have you fellas noticed a striking resemblence between Dynamite and KDB? If sources are accurate he did not actually play on that team, but maybe about 10 years earlier. :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

There does seem to be something there. i wonder if dynamo aka KDB still wears his Wellston hat to Summerfields after eastern games like he used to after Coffeys games. He never really bought into the whole casey program. Then once we graduated, he bolted over to Southern to coach.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

THIS IS A SOUTHERN THREAD. Even if you used to coach at both schools you need to stay on topic.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

My head is spinning trying to keep up with you guys. :lol:

dynamo.
Waterboy

Post by dynamo. »

baldeagle wrote:There does seem to be something there. i wonder if dynamo aka KDB still wears his Wellston hat to Summerfields after eastern games like he used to after Coffeys games. He never really bought into the whole casey program. Then once we graduated, he bolted over to Southern to coach.

Baldeagle, go easy. Remember I taught you how to play linebacker and got you that scholarship to Marietta!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Lets just call a spade a spade. I am who you are trying to be, and you are beneath me on the food chain of life. I tell you it was feline, not K-9!

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Would that be David Spade? :lol:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

dynamo. wrote:
baldeagle wrote:There does seem to be something there. i wonder if dynamo aka KDB still wears his Wellston hat to Summerfields after eastern games like he used to after Coffeys games. He never really bought into the whole casey program. Then once we graduated, he bolted over to Southern to coach.

Baldeagle, go easy. Remember I taught you how to play linebacker and got you that scholarship to Marietta!

I think I kinda sent old baldy in to remission. Gotta fight fire with fire is what I say to you you dadgum buttsucker. :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

^^^ No chance. Just needed to spend some time with my dad learning how to take pictures of football games.

Return to “Football”