JV Team

Re: Wahama @ Eastern

Post by bluedevil »

wahama 56 to 6

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

I hate to see my alma mater look this bad. So, here is some advice for the new coach. Come talk to me about running the defense. I have some time. No baseball with all this rain........

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

54-12 wahama

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Wahama should win this game easily.

WVUME
Waterboy

Post by WVUME »

Wahama - Whatever they feel like scoring
Eastern - Less than 10

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

wahama by mucho pointsio

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard live on Retro 92.1 FM and online @ www.wyvk.com. Click on the listen live.

If you would like to listen to Meigs/River Valley it will be on ESPN 1390 AM & FM 97.1 and online at www.wyvk.com. Click on listen live. You will hear the FM stream and then click on "ESPN Radio Stream" at the top of the page.

The Chameleon
Waterboy

Post by The Chameleon »

The team wearing red wins this one.

Wahama 44
Eastern 43

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Wahama 69
Eastern 0

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Did Jerry Close give up the Waterford Girl's basketball job and move to Mason and start coaching football?

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Last edited by teach123 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

teach123 wrote:Wow, complete and total lack of class...but typical of Wahama. Doesnt matter what jersey they wear, they are someone's kid out there. Wahama runs the score up so they will get noticed in west virginia polls. Maybe the TVC will rethink about them being in the league if they continue to do it.
All to get it handed to them in the state championship by a school who plays some of the best Ohio and PA teams in Wheeling Central.

Irishgold1988
Waterboy

Post by Irishgold1988 »

Agree and disagree. I do not know the details of the game such as how many the jv put up but there was an incident a few years ago when Wahama received a lot of criticism for beating Wirt 79-0 but many people did not realize that the first string put up only around 35. The true jv alone put up 28 against them. If running straight with nothing fancy still puts up points then what do you do? Kneel it? But agreed, wish the score wasn't that bad, especially since the Eastern coach is a Wahama grad and former assistant.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

If Wahama pulled their starters at the half or in the 3rd qtr. then I have no problem with the score. If they were playing starters deep into the game and throwing the ball to put up points then thats different. I wasn't there so someone else will have to elaborate on what really happened.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

BlizzardMan wrote:
teach123 wrote:Wow, complete and total lack of class...but typical of Wahama. Doesnt matter what jersey they wear, they are someone's kid out there. Wahama runs the score up so they will get noticed in west virginia polls. Maybe the TVC will rethink about them being in the league if they continue to do it.
All to get it handed to them in the state championship by a school who plays some of the best Ohio and PA teams in Wheeling Central.
Neither of you were at the game obviously........BTW 28-15 isnt exactly getting it handed to you. Being from RV, I would guess you would have a better understanding of what that is like.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

I was there and an Eastern supporter.

Cut Wahama a break on this. Eastern was just out-manned. Eastern turned the ball over in the first qtr on back to back kick-offs giving Wahama a short field twice (not that it mattered). I think it was 35-0 after one. They played starters through the 1st half (49-0), returned the 2nd half kick for a touchdown, and then gave the starters one offensive series. They weren't throwing the ball around. There were no trick plays. It was really nothing more than 'stop us if you can'.

At no time did I think Wahama ran up the score. They are a well coached senior heavy team.

Eastern on the other hand graduated a lot of kids from a pretty good class. This team is young and inexperienced. Add that to the disrict being slow to hire a coach and this team is behind the curve. This will be a difficult year but I have hopes that the coaches and players tough it out, work hard in the off-season, and return next year.

I believe there are still a few teams on the schedule that we'll be competitive with.

Go Eagles!!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I did not see the game, but I know that Wahama staff pretty well, personally and having coached against them.

Wahama HC Ed Cromley is a good man and a classy guy. Joe Johnson (OC) and Dave Barr (DC) are also classy guys. Running up the score is not in their natures.

Sometimes at small schools, you go bankrupt. It happens. I hope things get better for Eastern, but I know that the Wahama staff is not running up scores. They are just fast, top to bottom at Wahama.

Mr. Wing-T
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Wing-T »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:If Wahama pulled their starters at the half or in the 3rd qtr. then I have no problem with the score. If they were playing starters deep into the game and throwing the ball to put up points then thats different. I wasn't there so someone else will have to elaborate on what really happened.

I was there at the game & it was obvious that Wahama did everything that they could to keep from running up the score. I even saw them putting 2nd string players in before the half. Their 1st string played 1 offensive series in the 2nd half. It was their 2nd string that played most of the 2nd half. They were not throwing the ball to try to score. Interestingly, when Wahama was putting in all of their 2nd string, Eastern began to do the same rather than keep their starters in. Wahama's 2nd string scored a touchdown or two. The only other thing they could have done would have been to not put any players at all on the field. Like others have said in this post, it was a combination of Wahama being really good and Eastern being very young and inexperienced. Best of luck to both teams for the remainder of the season.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

BlizzardMan wrote:

I thought you didn't like it when someone put down kids and here you are doing. I think you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Most of Wahamas scoring drives were only 1 or 2 plays long. They ran simple runs straight up the middle most of the time and broke them for touchdowns. Eastern remains optimistic that they can still win a few games this year, except for when they go to Canton..I would probably just forfeit that one. But Wahama shouldnt be put down in no way. I dont expect there kids to just fall down when they break through the secondary.

Return to “Football”