Week 4: Chesapeake (3-0) at Valley (3-0)

Jesco White
S

Re: Week 4: Chesapeake (3-0) at Valley (3-0)

Post by Jesco White »

ZacBrownBand wrote:If anyone would happen to have the stats from this game, we would love to see them up!
According to the Portsmouth Daily Times:

Chesapeake had 46 carries for 159 yards. They were 12-28 passing for 180 yards with 2 INT's, for a total of 339 yards on 74 plays.

Valley had 37 carries for 271 yards. They were 5-14 passing for 63 yards with 0 INT's, for a total of 334 yards on 51 plays.

The Panthers had 16 1st Downs. Valley had 11 1st Downs. The Panthers had 2 turnovers, while the Indians didn't turn the ball over at all.

Chesapeake punted 3 times for an average of 18.6, while Valley had 2 punts for a 35.0 yard average.

The Panthers were penalized 4 times for 25 yards and the Indians were penalized 5 times for 48 yards.

Individually:

Valley's Luke Keller had 18 carries for 144 yards and 3 TD's, Blake Yates had 7 carries for 55 yards and 1 TD with the aforementioned 63 yards passing.

Chesapeake was led by Noble with 19 carries for 82 yards and McMaster who had 9 carries for 15 yards and a TD with 180 yards passing and one TD.

**** All stats are unofficial

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

UPNYA4 wrote:ONLY ONE WAY TO BEAT VALLEY!!! BUT CAN’T SAY IT! =)
Is it score more points?? ;)

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

It looks to me like the best way to beat Valley is to pound them in the run game. Because you have to keep the offense off the field, so chewing up time and yardage by running the ball looks to be the best plan. West obviously does that, it's the correct strategy but it hasn't worked the past few seasons. We all know you aren't supposed to look ahead and such, but Valley and West are on a collision course if West can get through Chesapeake... Which should be one hell of a game after seeing the Panthers last night.

As impressed as I was last season with Yates at QB, I'm equally impressed in Keller this year. He is a great combination of size, speed, strength and quickness. Throw in his ability to catch the ball in the passing game and you have a versatile weapon that compliments Yates talent at QB. Throw in the excellent play of the O-line and the offense has been a pleasure to watch.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I went to see this game last night and Valley is by far the best offensive football team in the area. West will not win in a shootout with this team but if West can ground out it's running game and kill some clock then they better their chances. It will be a great matchup. I don't think Valley can keep West out of the endzone either I just think that Valley has more weapons. Can't wait.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Live4sport Valley's offense did look great friday against the Peake but one thing is starting to alarm me that they are starting to be predictable on offense they left alot of points on the field when they got in the red zone going a little vanilla. Peake did have a good defense but by no way are they the best defense Valley will face this year. Hope they mix it up a little better before league play starts !

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This is the first chance I have had to post on this game I want to say that I was very impressed with the Panthers. They have some nice talent and played hard for every second of the 48 minutes. In the end, Luke Keller was just too much. The kid has turned into a real horse carrying the ball and Valley is very dangerous because of it. The Indians put up 4 td's last night and did not get a great ball game out of Blake Yates. The Valley offense is flat scary.

The only other thing I will say about this game before we move on to week 5 is the crowd that Chesapeake brought to the game was nothing short of a joke. I have been to many a Panther basketball game at the Convo and seen the following that team receives and to see the amount of people across the field the other night was sad. Chessy has a very nice team that should go 8-2/9-1 and make a run at the playoffs and I thought there would be more people there.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Well I didn't get to see much of this game, only the final 3 mins due to concession stand duty... But after reading about this game and seeing what Peake had on the field at the end, I can say that I'm impressed with their quality of athletes and that Valley was able to come out on top. Chesapeake is darn good football game that should have a chance to win every game the rest of the way, and for Valley's sake I hope they do!

Finally, want to throw a real quick "atta boy" to litte cousin Keller. He's playing some great football and the tons of hard work put in during the offseason is really paying off. Just hoping that the Indians stay healthy the rest of the way and make a run at the SOC title. Really enjoy watching these boys play!

Return to “Football”