Week 1 - Jackson @ Wellston

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 - Jackson @ Wellston

Post by Caulker10 »

I was there tonight, my rockets pulled it off BIG. There is no better feeling than what I'm feeling right now. Thank god, it's over. Way to go ROCKETS

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

congrats to the rockets way to go

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

Went up to scout two future opponents with a dozen or so boys from the team. Wellston impressed me in every aspect of the game. Jackson is huge, I'm talking college team size boys at almost every position and the Wellston boys just kept opening up holes and making plays on D. The RB for Wellston has fantastic feet and quickness, the QB ran hard and made good decisions, the FB ran hard on traps and belly and the play calling was just excellent. The screen call late in the 3rd quarter that went for a score was a magnificent call and was executed perfectly.

I know it's just one game, but Wellston looked like a playoff team to me. It wasn't that Jackson was bad, it was just that Wellston was better.

Congrats to the Rockets for ending the streak!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

OMG. THIS IS GREAT. i NEVER posted much on this thread cause i did'nt wanna be in the middle of it all. Lol Wellston played their hearts out and they played jackson like jackson they wore them out. Anyhow great job rockets.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Congrats to the Rockets. They played like a tourney contender their first game out. Stay focused and don't get the "big head". Play every game like it is a win or go home game. Good Luck the rest of the season. One more thing boys, drink more water during the week!!!!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Congratulations Wellston. I couldn't make it to the game but from what I heard on the radio, your team is going to go far this year. Great coaching and great players together make a winning team. Glad you broke the streak, even if it was aginst us. lol You deserve all the praise you are getting on here, but don't slack off. Just keep playing like you did tonight.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Wow, Congrats to Wellston and Coach Hutch. (Randy Hutchinson was very proud-- when he received the head coaching job for Wellston-). Also big congrats to Morgan Stevens, heard he is the Off coordinator- sounds like he also was well prepared.
Hold your heads up Jackson, you still have games to play. Onward and upward is the only way now.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Just got home . All I have to say is YES!. I know alot of people was in doubt , but Coach Hutch and his staff most of all the players believed they would win. I think this is just the beggining though. The Rockets will build on this win .There will be no let down the coaches will not allow it. The players and coaches will enjoy this win until Monday then they will focus on Minford .
Back to work !
GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Ok completely off the subject, but you all need to help me get Jared a job.....lol
If you know of any company hiring- Jared has a Business Adm/ Marketing degree and is willing to
go where the job takes him.
Keep him in your thoughts.................haha :122245

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats, boilermaker. You have supported your team through thick and thin and you deserve this night. The Rockets' confidence has to be through the roof right now, so I'm sure they'll build on this win and have continued success. Good luck the rest of the year.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Thanks 02 ,

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

As soon as someone tallies them up...
What were the team totals for the game...
Passing Yards for both squads & rushing yards for both squads...

Thanks, Q

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

Congrats to my alma mater Wellston for ending the streak. You have lifted a city in a way that is undescribable.

Also, congrats and big thank you to Boilermaker for always defending Wellston and keeping/building a respectable reputation on this forum.

Go Rockets

MM125
Riding the Bench

Post by MM125 »

Great job to my boys they did good tonight and they will be getting ready to make their record 2-0 against a tough minford team and coach Hutch will have the boys ready to play

wonder if Wellston Ironman will post on this thread again :lol: :lol: :lol:

huthuthike
Waterboy

Post by huthuthike »

I believe we just witnessed a new era emerging for the Wellston Rockets.
Hats off to Wellston players, coaches, and community.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Congratulations to the Wellston team and staff on the win, a great win to end the streak. You turned a lot of heads with this win.

And a HUGE congrats to BOILERMAKER--a true fan (see you week 7).

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

HA!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I just deleted a few posts from this topic, and I better not have to do it again. There are plenty of people here from Jackson, Wellston, and other schools that have been extremely classy and gracious with their posts since last night. We don't need people coming in here and starting trouble. That's the first and only warning.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Thank you ironman02. Way to lay the law down! There was no call for those posts. And, boilermaker make sure my crow is medium well :lol:
Last edited by hsfbfan on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to the Wellston program. Way fewer mistakes and more big plays and the streak is over. That performance will attain many wins this season.

Enjoy the win, you completely earned it....and get focused on your next opponent.

Return to “Football”