TVC Talent 2010

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Re: TVC Talent 2010

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Belpre: QB Clay Ullman, RB Erik Waderker, RB Tyler Watkins, LB Steve Francis, OL/DL Phillip Wiggars, OL/DL Cody Chester, RB/DE Rashawn Miller all could contribute the Eagles this season with some hard work, discipline, dedication, & strong leadership. .good luck eagles . . . .

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I would say that Jaylen Prater of Wellston is one of the most talented if, not the most talented, player returning to the TVC this year. If he can stay healthy he should have a dominant year. He is very athletic and strong. I would say definately the best returning back in the TVC for sure.

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

I think the two backs at Trimble (Dyla & Keith) are as good as any backs in S.E. Ohio. Dyla is a two-time All-State pick going into his senior year, Keith has the same tools, except he is faster (yes, faster) therefore I'll take these two compared to any others. I am not trying to start a fight, as Koondogger says, It's just my opinion.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

You have DeVon Sharp (RB) who will probably be the laod carrier Had a great sophmore season led the team in rushing and the backs in TD, Ian Dixon (WR) who is a dynamic player and returner. Also Mitch Rider (LB) who came in and started as a sophmore. Trey Harris who is going to be a three year starter. It will be interesting and exciting to see.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ball hound wrote:I would say that Jaylen Prater of Wellston is one of the most talented if, not the most talented, player returning to the TVC this year. If he can stay healthy he should have a dominant year. He is very athletic and strong. I would say definately the best returning back in the TVC for sure.

I second that.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

Even better than Dyla? I have to say Dyla is the best back in the entire tvc hocking an ohio. Prater is a good player but Dyla i think is just flat out good and the better back. Hopefully the eagles can stop him this year though! :12223

Costanza
Waterboy

Post by Costanza »

Dundas wrote:
ball hound wrote:I would say that Jaylen Prater of Wellston is one of the most talented if, not the most talented, player returning to the TVC this year. If he can stay healthy he should have a dominant year. He is very athletic and strong. I would say definately the best returning back in the TVC for sure.

I second that.

Me too!! Seen him run last night! kid has wheels and size to matcj throw some pads on the kid with a helmet and kids might jump out of the way!!!!!!LOL

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

What did Jalen run in the 100m & 200m last night?

Money in the Bank
Waterboy

Post by Money in the Bank »

Come on people speed is not everything! Herbie Peoples or Pebbles (1992) was the fastest guy probably in Wellston history yet did that make him good, NO! Dyla has more moves than a bowl of Jello in an earthquake. He cuts sharper than a Ginsu Knife, and he's tougher than a steak at the Athens Ponderosa! The boy is simply GOOD! Then behind him is Keith, North and Standley......Cats are good to go for a while!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

dyla is pretty tuff, but tuffer than a ponderosa steak now that is pretty tuff!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

whompascat wrote:dyla is pretty tuff, but tuffer than a ponderosa steak now that is pretty tuff!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Costanza
Waterboy

Post by Costanza »

Money in the Bank wrote:Come on people speed is not everything! Herbie Peoples or Pebbles (1992) was the fastest guy probably in Wellston history yet did that make him good, NO! Dyla has more moves than a bowl of Jello in an earthquake. He cuts sharper than a Ginsu Knife, and he's tougher than a steak at the Athens Ponderosa! The boy is simply GOOD! Then behind him is Keith, North and Standley......Cats are good to go for a while!

It doesnt matter how tough or how much you juke if your not fast its for naught. Barry Sanders could juke but he also ran like a flippin 10.3 LOL Speed is not everything but ask a Collegiate coach what is the first stat they look for in a back(RB, CB, QB)

Jalen Prater has all the skills to be a great RB

And Im not even a Wellstonite!!!!

He is the best in the TVC!!!bar none

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

I have no doubt the Prater kid is gonna be good. Tyler Dyla is already good. (Two-time All State soph & junior years)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Prater is bigger than 90% of the lineman he will be running over this fall. The kid has strength and speed...watch out if he stays healthy.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

Comparing apples to oranges here. Dyla is a quick scat back, where Prater is more of a power guy.

Dyla's stats are hard to argue with
Freshman year - 124 yards
Sophomore year - 1,276 yards
Junior year - 1,727 yards (school record)

While Prater's stats (which I don't have) only reflect the fact that last year, what should have been his breakout Sophomore year like Dyla's in 2008, was hampered by injuries.

If all goes well, I think we'll dig this topic up at the end of the season and see that were arguing if the Hocking MVP was better than the Ohio MVP.

Good luck to both young men in the coming season!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nelsonville-York is loaded!! We lost Derek Arnold but there is a lot of kids coming back! NY don't rebuild, they reload!!!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

As of now, Dyla has been a more productive high school player.

Prater is the best college prospect in the TVC.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Girevik wrote:I heard Dyla won't be at Trimble this fall. Something about moving since he got booted in baseball.

Heard he wanted to play for the Tornadoes.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

After watching some 100 runners over the years, I can't remember any faster then Jay Edwards, I'm looking forward to seeing Prater run today.

Return to “Football”