Belpre at Warren 2010

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Belpre at Warren 2010

Post by bigred31 »

way early! but will be here before you know...thoughts on this game, doubting it will be like last year

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre at Warren 2010

Post by warrior2012 »

looking at years passed, i go with Warren.
not just cause that is my home school.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Warren will win going away! Belpre still has a couple of years before they can get it all together...

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Coach Adams will have his troops ready to go. I think Warren will wear them down with shear numbers. Last year suprised me, Warren took the ball and scored right off the bat and for all intents and purposes the game was at hand. I seriously doubt the Eagles will want a repeat of last year. They will be a well prepared team, I believe. They will not have enough to win the game, but will give a strong showing for themselves. They have the tools to wins games. But this years Warriors are huge up front and Henthorne will step in for Wolfe, count on Harlow, Hastie, Barrows, Miller, Venham, and company to spread the wealth around.

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

I agree Auburntgrfan. Warrens boys are getting stronger and faster everyday. Many of the boys are much improving and soon we will have most of them all together after track and baseball are over. Great group of talent this year. Vehnam, Fivecoat, Miller, Barrows, Henthorn, Hastie, Harlow, Leffingwell, and the rest are/will be working throughout the summer. Im pretty sure that this years belpre game will be the same as last years. but you never know. Keep working boys :mrgreen:

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

With Coach Shriver officially being on Big Blue's staff for the fall, I see that as another 10 points for the Warriors.
Belpre will be good again, and they could be very competitive in the TVC Hocking this year, but Warren Football hath returned!

Tvc87
Waterboy

Post by Tvc87 »

Upset alert! Coach Adams will defintely have the eagles ready and they are working as hard as ever. The big question will be the Belpre line but I think they will surprise a lot of people. Look for waderker to run the ball down the warriors throat en route to a victory. Warren may be big but belpre defintely has speed on their side.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I would love to see Belpre win...but I just dont see them turning an ablsolute beatdown by Warren last year into a victory in 1 season. Its going to take Belpre at least a couple of years before there back to par with the likes of Warren.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I will venture that team speed will favor the Warriors, not blazing, but well above average. Hastie, Harlow & Miller can run with most anyone Warren will play. And I am sure I am leaving someone out. Anyway Eagles v Warriors is still a few months away. Lookin forward to the season.

Tvc87
Waterboy

Post by Tvc87 »

Auburntgrfan wrote:I will venture that team speed will favor the Warriors, not blazing, but well above average. Hastie, Harlow & Miller can run with most anyone Warren will play. And I am sure I am leaving someone out. Anyway Eagles v Warriors is still a few months away. Lookin forward to the season.

Sorry but no Waderker Watkins and Ullman smoke all 3 of the boys you listed. Speed is on belpres side.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Had this discussion before. Track speed & football speed are two seperate worlds. Add the weight of the pads to those three smoke will probably become less and less of a factor. Add to this hot/humid august night and all the speed in the world comes down to who is better conditioned. So I will hold to my previous contention and you can hold to yours. Only game time will tell. Add to this, that speed means nothing if the line can't open a hole for them. Warren may field one of the largest, hard to move off the ball D-lines in the area. The inside line-backing core will be large as well and can move well for big guys. The outsides will be tall, lean and experienced. Throw Venham and Fivecoaite at D-ends, both will hand you your head. So the Eagles better have their helmets strapped on real tight. I am sure Coach Adams will have them well prepared, he will do a great job with them. It will be interesting to say the least and it is at Warren. Which today holds no real bearing onthe game. So many Warren and Belpre alumni in both districts, it is basically a home game for both.

Return to “Football”