Waverly Tigers 2010

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly Tigers 2010

Post by bucki4life »

Terryon Chaffin- and yes all the kids have been doing great in the weight room- and they seem ready to get going. Terryon was a great running back in the 8th grade and then moved away. Hunter hasnt played in a while but when he was younger - he was one of the best in his class! they are both going to be juniors.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

That's great news...and we get them for two years!

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

it is good news and there is still hope that a couple of others may change thier minds and play so lets hope this is the start of some good things to come- first 7 on 7 is this Friday at Paint Valley- team camp is this week- football is just around the corner!!! Go Tigers, Go Bucks, and go Bengals!!

pvad1
Freshman Team

Post by pvad1 »

Coach Knight

I sent the schedule for this Friday's 7 on 7 this afternoon. Will you make sure Coach Wright received it and also let me know if your planning to bring some of your young kids.

Tks
Pete

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

pm sent

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

look for the Tigers to struggle a little early in these 7 on 7 as they are very green. Kelly at Qb has three varsity games, Underwood and Kretzer started last year and after that on offense they dont have a lot of experience- so this combined with a new offense and new O-Cord and new qb coach and wr coach things could go a little slow however the kids that are playing including Corchoran, Ward, McCain, Case, and little Underwood will all get better each time out. There also appears to be others who will contribute too so the skilled players on the offensive side have a good upside we just have to be patient with thier progress.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

My guess is that they'll look like every offense does in July, like it's July. The "new" "O" coordinator didn't just fall off the turnip truck, nor did the qb and wrs coaches. Youth might be an issue to some extent but the Tigers don't lack in coaching experience.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree with bucki and don't think people can expect them to come out and be an offensive powerhouse out of the gate. You don't lose two D1 QB's in 3 years and expect the same offense.
They will be young & inexperienced so the key will be how well they develop and pull together as a team. Like Coach Owens said, coaching experience will not be lacking.
I'm looking forward to an exciting Tiger season!

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

i never said the coaching was inexperienced - it is quite the opposite- they have a ton of experience but anytime you move coaches around it is new to the players, so this coupled with the new players that must step up will mean a learning curve- make sure you understand me - if things dont go well it will be the players responsibilty - its time for all these players who have waited thier "turn" to put out- because it is thier time.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

I thought the Tigers looked solid last evening at Paint Valley. Devon made solid reads and he had pretty good feet, especially for this time of year as did Trevon. They had a bunch of athletic kids running around out there. Kretzer, McCain, both Underwoods, Holdren, and Corcoran to name a few, all looked solid. Best catch of the evening for Waverly without question was made by Jake. Jake KNIGHT that is. A one-handed pick of a pass that was thrown behind him. He caught it at full extention. Many linebackers wouldn't have even touched that ball and he CAUGHT it. That was as athletic a play as anything I saw last night.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

It's fun being the hunter, instead of the hunted. I'm excited for this season, as I think this Tiger team will really surprise some folks. I'll guarantee one thing...these kids will play hard, and they'll play as a team.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

seven on seven tonight at ZT

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How did Da Tigers! look last night?

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

they looked fine- I would say the defense looked a lot better from Friday. The Offense continues to look pretty good, they have a few things to improve on but really like the effort and the coaching you see going on.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

the 7 on 7 for tonight (thursday July 22) is now being played at Lucasville Valley due to weather issues. It will start at 6:00p.m.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bucki4life,
Wish I had been in town, would love to have made the trip to Valley. We are in Baltimore, MD for the weekend visiting Nicolas (left around 1:00p.m. and got here about 8:30p.m.).
How'd the boys look this evening?

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Waverly looked fine, they played without T. Ward and J Kretzer but they are fairly deep in the skilled positions and they held thier own against Valley and Notre Dame. Valley was without Yates so both teams will be better than what they showed last night.

Waverly is young- so they seem to be learning each time out which is what it is all about in the summer. Tigers entire season will come down to how well the kids mature and the play of the line- which I think is going to be much better than most because the kids that are out are the ones that want to be and are working hard.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Anything new this week? Any newcomers with August approaching?

tiger2012
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger2012 »

When and where are the tigers scrimmages this year?

theking14
Waterboy

Post by theking14 »

Well, first day of two-a-days. Any news? Ive heard from multiple people that Jake Kretzer isnt playing, any truth to this?

Return to “Football”