Last Freshman for Logan

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Last Freshman for Logan

Post by jottings »

When I was a junior in 1950-51, Eddie Joe Grandy (or Grundy) was a freshman and he ripped GAHS apart in a post-season SEOAL championship basketball game in the old gym on the hill, 59-29. Devils had beaten Logan earlier at Gallipolis that year, but when GAHS was to play at Logan in early February, we had a quick freeze that shut the area down for a week or so.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

If your talking basketball theres probably quite a few thats played for Logan over the years. Pat Angle,Joey Conrad,Coy Lindsey,Doug Stiverson,Jeff Morgan just to name few,now football is a different story at Logan not too many have played.

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

didn't Gary Miller play QB as a freshman in 89 or 90

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Possibly Logan Locos would know. He's done lots of football research for LHS.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Scott Sigler played QB in 1989 as a senior not sure about 90 but I don't recall a Gary Miller ever playing for Logan...

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i don't remember a gary miller.. 87 - 89 was jimmer briening, not sure who was after him.
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

there was a Brian Miller that might have played some in 1989-1991

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Jimmer Breining was 1986-1988 (1987 SEOAL MVP), Sigler started game 10 of 1988 against Ashland with Breining playing receiver)

Scott Sigler was 1989

Brian Kessler/Nathan Dickerson was 1990

Brian Miller was 1991-1993

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I played with Robbie Johnson & Big Daddy Stewart. Both played very little , usually on special teams situations. Neither started and lettered only by the skin of their teeth. Robbie did go on to start as a Soph & play beside me on D. Decent player, but not as a Frosh. Then off to start 3 years at LB at Ohio State. Big Daddy also played on the DL as a Frosh , but in a limited role. Huge player ( 300+), couldn't move well but plugged up holes . No talent for college, so didn't play.

I saw Bill DeLong play & start as a true Frosh ( on the line). I don't know of a bigger animal in a football uniform at Logan than him. But was a discipline problem , didn't like school ( grades were awful) and didn't handle coaching well. If he had grades and a better attitude, this dude would have been something special in college. After H.S. , he ran around in muscle shirts showing off his huge arms , riding mototcycles, drinkin & raising he11. One mean dude. But only player I ever saw to actually start( and play well & on the line) as a Frosh at Logan. Mainstay on the '58 SEOAL Championship team .

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Thanks for the info Paladin. Always good to hear from those who were there and have the memories to go with it. Interesting to hear about DeLong. I wondered if he was really that good or benefited from poor teams or pure skill in starting as a Frosh/Soph. Good to know.

SE Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by SE Ohio »

Brian Miller, my bad

Return to “Football”