Whats going on at Bob Lutz Field

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Re: Whats going on at Bob Lutz Field

Post by IronTigerMum »

tk421: I think that was a typo, but, meant they are putting new 'fixtures' in. I take it that means no major overhauls in the restrooms.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

IronTigerMum wrote:tk421: I think that was a typo, but, meant they are putting new 'fixtures' in. I take it that means no major overhauls in the restrooms.

You are right IrontonTigerMum, they are replacing the fixtures in the Restrooms which was much needed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

RiverRatRay wrote:I can vouch for the fact that you were over on the practice field this morning OHbuckeye1.

The only ACL injury I know that we had last year was on a turf field at Coal Grove, although We did have a serious knee injury on a grass field at Ashland. Without reading your articles OHbuckeye1, I would think that turf would be harder on the knees than grass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ray, and ohbuckeye1. there are gonna be injuries in football regardless. it's is not a contact sport, it is a COLLISION SPORT. with that said, i would further look into grass vs. turf injuries, with the advancements in turf , annd the new types of shoes. it has to be safer , or everybody would not be switching to it. sod can come up from a lineman's foot while engaged in a block, and tear out a patch the size of a dinner plate, especially when wet. as easily as a back cutting on a natural surface n the same thing happening. the turf has some give to it, but will not come out. therefore the footing cannot even be compared. even wet these fields drain trememdously fast and effeciently. if installed right. practices have just started at ironton's practice field. by the time pee wee starts there, it is usually for the most part barren. and gets very choppy in really wet conditions. and with ironton having hosted so many playoff games , it only makes sence to work toward that goal. i would not think roofs, restroom upgrades, and playing surface would change the fact it has an historical marker. but i don't know that for sure. does anybody here know whether it would. i know a couple of years ago, we had to reschedule a wheelersburg game because of a flooded field.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I don't know how we ever got along without turf?

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Keep the grass, keep the pressbox. If you take those away you might as well tear down the stadium and start over..

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Hmm, noticed they raised ticket prices again to 7 dollars. I guess they have to get money to pay for all the "improvements" to the stadium. What a freaking joke, won't be making it to many games this year, I guess.

playaction
Waterboy

Post by playaction »

How about leveling the playing surface to get rid of all the bumps and humps.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

TigersGameDayFan wrote:Keep the grass, keep the pressbox. If you take those away you might as well tear down the stadium and start over..

They arent talking about taking it down,I think they meant they need to tear it down and rebuild it.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

tk421 wrote:Hmm, noticed they raised ticket prices again to 7 dollars. I guess they have to get money to pay for all the "improvements" to the stadium. What a freaking joke, won't be making it to many games this year, I guess.

What!!!Did they raise it a whole dollar?!?! :shock: :shock:

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

tk421 wrote:Hmm, noticed they raised ticket prices again to 7 dollars. I guess they have to get money to pay for all the "improvements" to the stadium. What a freaking joke, won't be making it to many games this year, I guess.
I can't believe anyone would be asked to pay $3.50 an hour for live entertainment ( let alone support these kids of Ironton that put in all the sweat and hard work )!! "What a FREAKING joke" is right !! :122246 :122246

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I thought it was 7 dollars last year for a reserve seat. Anyway I will pay what they ask. Well worth whatever they charge.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Some stadiums look good with turf some dont. Tanks would look nothing like herself with turf. Dont get me wrong playing on turf is nice, but football is a sport that is meat to be played in the element and a muddy field is gret for playing the game. Besides the boys do get to practie on the Tank on thursdays and after the first playoff game when it wont be played on agian. If you want to turf anything turf the practice field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RiverRatRay wrote:I thought it was 7 dollars last year for a reserve seat. Anyway I will pay what they ask. Well worth whatever they charge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i'm with you brother, it costs around 300 bucks to suit up each player, in gear.maybe more now.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Still the best bargain around. High school football is well worth it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

absolutely 85.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

I think if you can't come off of 7 bucks for a football game that is always entertaining. These kids practice there butts off to get the chance to play in front of that crowd every friday night.To tell you the truth if 7 is to high for you either the recession has ran you dry or your just not much of a tiger fan anyway :roll:

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

I would go as far to say that the helmet and shoulder and pants pads cost that $300.00 now ytb. When I worked at Bob Linns many moons ago, the helmets were $100.00. I'd hate to see what it cost to suit up a player!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

....and..at 7 bucks a head, THINK...just think how much more money them Tigers could bring in playing someone like say, Belfry who packs out the stadium (or Russell) instead of some of the SEOAL teams? 1000 or more vs 120...huge difference in the gate receipts!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

tk421 wrote:The stadium needs a lot more work than some paint. The restrooms are terrible and extremely outdated underneath the stadium. I'm surprised someone hasn't sued the school district yet for not being handicapped accessible. There's no way you can get a wheelchair into any of those restrooms. Not to mention the home stands themselves, with the rotting wood. I hope they also manage to update the sound system. It seems like every game you have your ears busted with the squealing from the speakers.

I know it's a "historical" site and people in Ironton absolutely hate change of any kind, but I wish they would tear down the stands and rebuild it in the same style totally updated. Not that they would ever have the money to do so. I also agree about field turf. The team has to practice in the extremely hard field on the track and the school can't even use the stadium field during football season for anything else. Installing turf would give so much more usability to the school district. Of course, people in Ironton will resist any and all change.
ada doesnt apply if the changes would be at significant cost. grass grass grass all the way

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

When..do 2 a days start?

Return to “Football”