Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

tkbuckeye
Waterboy

Re: Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

Post by tkbuckeye »

Anyone goin to the Minford / Valley or Burg / West game that can send me scores pm me..
I can send updates from Nelsonville / Athens game.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ok, I had some time on my hands and decided to do the math on this region. I'm sorry if someone already posted a lot of this, but I didn't want to read through everything before I posted this.

Here goes....
Oak Hill (22.9 Final Points)
I have the Oaks finishing with 22.9 points. That has wins for Wheelersburg, Wellston, Notre Dame, Symmes Valley, and New Richmond. You can add .4 if Chesapeake beats Coal Grove or .45 if Rock Hill beats Fairland. The Oaks will host week 11. They also appear to have the #1 seed wrapped up.
Fredricktown (22.6)
I don’t see a lot changing with Fredricktown’s final number. The 22.6 would include wins for Highland, Crestview, Danville, Johnstown, and Utica. The Freddies would finish with 22.5 if East Knox beats Danville. Fredricktown will have a home game in week 11 and looks to be the #2 seed barring an unexpected loss by an Oak Hill beaten opponent.
Coal Grove (19.65)
Here is where this region gets hairy. The 19.65 total for the Grove includes wins for Greenup, Trimble, South Point, and Fairland. You can add .45 to this total if Meigs beats Alexander or .4 if Athens beats Nelsonville. My calculations look like Grove will be at home if Valley or Burg loses. If both Burg and Valley win, it will come down to very small points to determine seeds #3-#5 between these 3. Grove will have 17.45 with a loss and still probably make it.
Monroe Central (17.90)
Not a lot of stuff in the air for the Noles. Their 17.90 includes wins for Columbiana, Caldwell, Fort Frye, Barnesville, and Frontier. Monroe Central needs Grove, Nelsonville, and Wheelersburg to lose in order to host because it looks like the Minford/Valley winner will jump the Noles and I don’t think they can catch Ridgewood.
Valley (19.70)
There is a lot on the line for my Indians this week. The game with Minford will be a battle. With a win over Minford I have Valley at 19.70 and that includes wins for Coal Grove, South Point, and Northwest. Valley would get an additional .4 if West beats the Burg, .45 if Rock Hill knocks off Fairland, and they would lose .05 if Waverly beats Northwest. Pretty simple, if Valley wins they should host. However, if Valley, Burg, and Grove all win it will be very close. Valley will be Rock Hill fans and Burg will be Fairland fans. Grove would finish ahead of Valley if River Valley beats South Point. This may get crazy.
Ridgewood (18.15)
It’s pretty easy for the Generals. 18.15 includes wins for Tusky CC, Malvern, and Strasberg-Franklin. If Coal Grove, Wheelersburg, and Nelsonville all lose, Ridgewood could host. Not real likely, so it looks like a road game for the unbeaten Generals in week 11.
Nelsonville (19.16)
Big game for the Buckeyes in week 10. I think NY gets it done. The total of 19.16 includes wins for Trimble, Wellston, and Alexander. Nelsonville will be pulling for Minford to beat Valley and either Grove or Wheelersburg to lose. If both those happen, the Buckeyes could potentially slide into the #4 seed and host in week 11.
Wheelersburg (19.75)
I think the Burg gets it done at West this week and hosts in week 11. The total I have includes wins for Fairland, Northwest, and Valley. Burg will end up at 15.75 with a loss. They could still get in with a loss and some help.
Adena (15.9)
Not much too this one. Adena will get no points for their week 10 win over Huntington and will get 2nd level points from Zane Trace, Southeastern, and Westfall. The Warriors need help. Adena would be helped by a Valley win because Minford passes them with a win and they won’t catch Valley even if Valley loses. Adena might not pass Wheelersburg even if the Pirates lose. Adena is at the mercy of a lot of teams this Friday.
Caldwell (16.65)
Caldwell’s total has wins for Barnesville, Beallsville, Frontier, and Fort Frye. They will also need help. If Beallsville loses Caldwell will end up with 16.3. They would be in better shape if Minford loses because they may not pass Valley if Valley loses. Caldwell should pass the Burg with a loss and they will pass Adena. A Nelsonville loss should have Caldwell passing the Buckeyes.
Minford (18.8 with a win over Valley….out with a loss)
Simple for Minford..win and you are in, lose and you are out. If Piketon and Meigs get wins, Minford could possibly sneak up and grab the #4 if one of Grove, Nelsonville, or Wheelersburg lose.

Biggest Fans of…..
Oak Hill – Nobody
Fredricktown - Nobody
Coal Grove – River Valley, West, Minford
Monroe Central – Chesapeake, West, Athens
Valley – West, South Point, Rock Hill
Ridgewood – Chesapeake, West, Athens
Nelsonville – Minford, Chesapeake, West
Burg – Fairland
Adena – Valley, West
Caldwell – Beallsville, Valley, Athens, West
Minford – Nobody

There are obviously other teams that these teams should be pulling for but this is just a basic rundown.
Here is my prediction……
I say Valley, Grove, Wheelersburg, and Nelsonville all win and this is how it finishes….
1. Oak Hill
2. Fredricktown
3. Wheelersburg
4. Valley
5. Coal Grove
6. Nelsonville
7. Ridgewood
8. Monroe Central
Great first round matchups there…
If Minford wins move them to 6, and Coal Grove and Nelsonville up a spot.
If Burg loses take them out, move everyone up a space and put Caldwell at #8
If Nelsonville loses take them out and add Caldwell and move Ridgewood and MC up a spot .
If Grove loses move them to #8 and bump all teams up.

I know that a lot of speculation went into these predictions, so just take them for what they are worth. Should be a fun week 10.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The 4 spot between CG and Valley or Burg will come down to what GC does and the South Point/RV game and the Rock Hill/Fairland game. Valley hasn't played RV or Fairland so if either of those teams win, it gives CG points and takes them away from Valley.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Just say who ever wins region 19.Nelsonville York ridgewood wheelersburgh ftown..How would you handle playing a team of that caliber you know who im talking about.The collage that thumped mooney.how do you keep them from scoring 100.?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

mercy rule?

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Nobody in D4 would come within 20 points of Urine. Hate to imagine what D5's will do. They've beaten 3 teams that will make a push for a state title: Mentor Lake Catholic in D2, and Mooney and Steubenville in D3. Reminds me of 2001 when Monroe Central made it to the semi's only to be a sacrificial lamb to a bought team in Bedford St. Peter Chanel. They beat Lake Catholic in the regular season, who went on to win the D3 state title that year.

If there's any thing that make at least the SOC teams and N-Y and Grove feel better is that you wouldn't likely be matched up with them until the state title game. Instead you'd probably have to face a R20 team that might be a little down this year. The MAC typically dominates that region, but I see only a couple teams from the MAC in playoff contention. Rwood, and even MC would probably be matched up against the Youngstown Mob. Not sure about Ftown as they are in the middle of the state and could be matched up anywhere.

BringN da WOOD
Waterboy

Post by BringN da WOOD »

How come Ohsaa rankings are different than Joeeitel's site?
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/rankings.pdf , its page 19 in the pdf
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/2010region_19.html

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Final Projection:

Oak Hill 22.9
Fredericktown 22.55
Wheelersburg 19.70
Minford 19.20
Coal Grove 19.10
Nelsonville 19.0
Ridgewood 18.10
Monroe Central 17.75

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

when it comes to the playoffs CG couldnt whip their way out of a wet paper sack!! Burg is not as good as they have been wait till playoffs!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

You're right, crazy, this isn't the best Wheelersburg team of all-time. But this isn't the best Region 19 ever, either. The best 4 teams in this region probably are seperated by 14 points or less. Most playoff games are either close, low-scoring games or complete blowouts. I don't see anyone in this region being able to blow out Burg. The last three years or so, Burg has dropped absolute heartbreakers that they could have and probably should have won, especially last year. There is no one dominant team at the top. There will be teams in this region who get blown out and exposed like there were last year, but Burg won't be one of them.

redline_24
Waterboy

Post by redline_24 »

BringN da WOOD wrote:How come Ohsaa rankings are different than Joeeitel's site?
Well the OHSAA has Ridgewood with 108 level 2 points while Joe has them with 112, not sure where the discrepancy is. Can someone shed some light here?

n2sports
Waterboy

Post by n2sports »

footballcrazy wrote:when it comes to the playoffs CG couldnt whip their way out of a wet paper sack!! Burg is not as good as they have been wait till playoffs!!

Not sure who your team is but at least the grove has a good chance of playoffs and so does wheelersburg so if your team is out don't be a hater!!! I know grove fans and the other area teams are wishing good luck and health to these boys...maybe your just green with envy!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...HA HA HA!!!!! Go hard or Go HOME!!!

n2sports
Waterboy

Post by n2sports »

selonmc wrote:Nobody in D4 would come within 20 points of Urine. Hate to imagine what D5's will do. They've beaten 3 teams that will make a push for a state title: Mentor Lake Catholic in D2, and Mooney and Steubenville in D3. Reminds me of 2001 when Monroe Central made it to the semi's only to be a sacrificial lamb to a bought team in Bedford St. Peter Chanel. They beat Lake Catholic in the regular season, who went on to win the D3 state title that year.

If there's any thing that make at least the SOC teams and N-Y and Grove feel better is that you wouldn't likely be matched up with them until the state title game. Instead you'd probably have to face a R20 team that might be a little down this year. The MAC typically dominates that region, but I see only a couple teams from the MAC in playoff contention. Rwood, and even MC would probably be matched up against the Youngstown Mob. Not sure about Ftown as they are in the middle of the state and could be matched up anywhere.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

n2sports wrote:
selonmc wrote:Nobody in D4 would come within 20 points of Urine. Hate to imagine what D5's will do. They've beaten 3 teams that will make a push for a state title: Mentor Lake Catholic in D2, and Mooney and Steubenville in D3. Reminds me of 2001 when Monroe Central made it to the semi's only to be a sacrificial lamb to a bought team in Bedford St. Peter Chanel. They beat Lake Catholic in the regular season, who went on to win the D3 state title that year.

If i played them I would try to play power football and hope to eat the clock 3yrds 3 yrds 3 yrds.Slow drives eat the clock.Lets go region 19...

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

n2sports wrote: LOL...HA HA HA!!!!! Go hard or Go HOME!!!
That's what she said....
8)

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

redline_24 wrote:
BringN da WOOD wrote:How come Ohsaa rankings are different than Joeeitel's site?
Well the OHSAA has Ridgewood with 108 level 2 points while Joe has them with 112, not sure where the discrepancy is. Can someone shed some light here?
I looked over the schedule and I can't tell. My first thought was one of the teams on their schedule beat an out of state team and Joe has the Ohio Division wrong for the out of state team, but don't see where that could be it either.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

The OHSAA site is wrong. If you add up their defeated opponents wins, it does come up to 112. I hope they notify the OHSAA about this.

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

ohsaa has nct beating garaway

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

footballcrazy wrote:when it comes to the playoffs CG couldnt whip their way out of a wet paper sack!! Burg is not as good as they have been wait till playoffs!!
You sir, are an absolute fool.
Crab's brother wrote:Ok, I had some time on my hands and decided to do the math on this region. I'm sorry if someone already posted a lot of this, but I didn't want to read through everything before I posted this.

Here goes....
Oak Hill (22.9 Final Points)
I have the Oaks finishing with 22.9 points. That has wins for Wheelersburg, Wellston, Notre Dame, Symmes Valley, and New Richmond. You can add .4 if Chesapeake beats Coal Grove or .45 if Rock Hill beats Fairland. The Oaks will host week 11. They also appear to have the #1 seed wrapped up.
Fredricktown (22.6)
I don’t see a lot changing with Fredricktown’s final number. The 22.6 would include wins for Highland, Crestview, Danville, Johnstown, and Utica. The Freddies would finish with 22.5 if East Knox beats Danville. Fredricktown will have a home game in week 11 and looks to be the #2 seed barring an unexpected loss by an Oak Hill beaten opponent.
Coal Grove (19.65)
Here is where this region gets hairy. The 19.65 total for the Grove includes wins for Greenup, Trimble, South Point, and Fairland. You can add .45 to this total if Meigs beats Alexander or .4 if Athens beats Nelsonville. My calculations look like Grove will be at home if Valley or Burg loses. If both Burg and Valley win, it will come down to very small points to determine seeds #3-#5 between these 3. Grove will have 17.45 with a loss and still probably make it.
Monroe Central (17.90)
Not a lot of stuff in the air for the Noles. Their 17.90 includes wins for Columbiana, Caldwell, Fort Frye, Barnesville, and Frontier. Monroe Central needs Grove, Nelsonville, and Wheelersburg to lose in order to host because it looks like the Minford/Valley winner will jump the Noles and I don’t think they can catch Ridgewood.
Valley (19.70)
There is a lot on the line for my Indians this week. The game with Minford will be a battle. With a win over Minford I have Valley at 19.70 and that includes wins for Coal Grove, South Point, and Northwest. Valley would get an additional .4 if West beats the Burg, .45 if Rock Hill knocks off Fairland, and they would lose .05 if Waverly beats Northwest. Pretty simple, if Valley wins they should host. However, if Valley, Burg, and Grove all win it will be very close. Valley will be Rock Hill fans and Burg will be Fairland fans. Grove would finish ahead of Valley if River Valley beats South Point. This may get crazy.
Ridgewood (18.15)
It’s pretty easy for the Generals. 18.15 includes wins for Tusky CC, Malvern, and Strasberg-Franklin. If Coal Grove, Wheelersburg, and Nelsonville all lose, Ridgewood could host. Not real likely, so it looks like a road game for the unbeaten Generals in week 11.
Nelsonville (19.16)
Big game for the Buckeyes in week 10. I think NY gets it done. The total of 19.16 includes wins for Trimble, Wellston, and Alexander. Nelsonville will be pulling for Minford to beat Valley and either Grove or Wheelersburg to lose. If both those happen, the Buckeyes could potentially slide into the #4 seed and host in week 11.
Wheelersburg (19.75)
I think the Burg gets it done at West this week and hosts in week 11. The total I have includes wins for Fairland, Northwest, and Valley. Burg will end up at 15.75 with a loss. They could still get in with a loss and some help.
Adena (15.9)
Not much too this one. Adena will get no points for their week 10 win over Huntington and will get 2nd level points from Zane Trace, Southeastern, and Westfall. The Warriors need help. Adena would be helped by a Valley win because Minford passes them with a win and they won’t catch Valley even if Valley loses. Adena might not pass Wheelersburg even if the Pirates lose. Adena is at the mercy of a lot of teams this Friday.
Caldwell (16.65)
Caldwell’s total has wins for Barnesville, Beallsville, Frontier, and Fort Frye. They will also need help. If Beallsville loses Caldwell will end up with 16.3. They would be in better shape if Minford loses because they may not pass Valley if Valley loses. Caldwell should pass the Burg with a loss and they will pass Adena. A Nelsonville loss should have Caldwell passing the Buckeyes.
Minford (18.8 with a win over Valley….out with a loss)
Simple for Minford..win and you are in, lose and you are out. If Piketon and Meigs get wins, Minford could possibly sneak up and grab the #4 if one of Grove, Nelsonville, or Wheelersburg lose.

Biggest Fans of…..
Oak Hill – Nobody
Fredricktown - Nobody
Coal Grove – River Valley, West, Minford
Monroe Central – Chesapeake, West, Athens
Valley – West, South Point, Rock Hill
Ridgewood – Chesapeake, West, Athens
Nelsonville – Minford, Chesapeake, West
Burg – Fairland
Adena – Valley, West
Caldwell – Beallsville, Valley, Athens, West
Minford – Nobody

There are obviously other teams that these teams should be pulling for but this is just a basic rundown.
Here is my prediction……
I say Valley, Grove, Wheelersburg, and Nelsonville all win and this is how it finishes….
1. Oak Hill
2. Fredricktown
3. Wheelersburg
4. Valley
5. Coal Grove
6. Nelsonville
7. Ridgewood
8. Monroe Central
Great first round matchups there…
If Minford wins move them to 6, and Coal Grove and Nelsonville up a spot.
If Burg loses take them out, move everyone up a space and put Caldwell at #8
If Nelsonville loses take them out and add Caldwell and move Ridgewood and MC up a spot .
If Grove loses move them to #8 and bump all teams up.

I know that a lot of speculation went into these predictions, so just take them for what they are worth. Should be a fun week 10.
Thats a lot of number crunching. Thanks for the info, bud.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Ill say ya had some time !

Return to “Football”