Division IV: Region 15

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: Division IV: Region 15

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Sticking with prediction I made a couple weeks ago that is too darn poetic to pass up: Ironton 9-0 vs Portsmouth 9-0 going into week 10! Morning paper reads.... ;-) Fighting Tigers Defeat Trojans in Coliseum, even all time series, cap off UNDEFEATED SEASON!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

FIDO wrote:I'll bet you a 100 bucks right now Ironton doesn't beat the Trojans in the COLISEUM!
OOOOOHHHH I like it I like it! Ya know ya like the scenario to huh...Portsmouth 9-0 vs Ironton 9-0 week 10, in the new coliseum, div on the line, even series, playofff ramifications...etc etc etc...classic Ironton vs Portsmouth...God I love this matchup! :-D

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown was 1-5 in passing for 6 yards and two ints. One was tipped, intercepted, stripped, fumbled, and then recovered back by Johnstown. Johnstown only plays a few players both ways!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

FIDO wrote:I like your tenacity but dang.........a lot of football to be played....both teams will probably have at least 1 L on their record....
Very possible, quite likely even...but man if it happened this way! INSTANT CLASSIC! UNDEFEATED IRONTON vs UNDEFEATED PORTSMOUTH WEEK 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

FIDO wrote:I'll bet you a 100 bucks right now Ironton doesn't beat the Trojans in the COLISEUM!

Fido, Maybe the stadium isnt called the Coliseum, but if you are willing to bet $100 straight up on the Ironton/ Portsmouth Varsity football game to be played in the regular season of 2010, I'll take that bet. PM me if you are interested.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

FIDO wrote:Ok, I was word playing... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ironton is definitely going to be a team to reckon with. I was only messing with bigcarl...I wouldn't touch this game for nuttin! :12224
You are one of the smartest Chief Master Sgts I know...........and very thrifty................ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

catfan4ever
Waterboy

Post by catfan4ever »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Johnstown was 1-5 in passing for 6 yards and two ints. One was tipped, intercepted, stripped, fumbled, and then recovered back by Johnstown. Johnstown only plays a few players both ways!
My bad on the passing stats but the reality is that Johnstown is going to do nothing fancy, just smash mouth football.
55 buck98 ....who do you think wins the Johnstown/Heath game??

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

85inside wrote:

Fido, Maybe the stadium isnt called the Coliseum, but if you are willing to bet $100 straight up on the Ironton/ Portsmouth Varsity football game to be played in the regular season of 2010, I'll take that bet. PM me if you are interested.
Was being sarcastic with the "Coliseum" title, sounded better than the "Horseshoe south".. :lol: :lol: :lol:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I am not good on predictions... that is why you play the game. I can assure you that Johnstown will be ready and Heath will be a tough challenge for this Jtown team. Johnstown plays only a couple of players both ways so I think the longer the game goes advantage Jtown. Last year Johnstown moved the ball, but fumbled the game away on offense and could not catch Gresham then when they keyed on him Nelson Scott took plays to the house. Go Johnnies!

catfan4ever
Waterboy

Post by catfan4ever »

Heath wins 21-15 despite losing leading rusher and kicker, Nelson Scott to a season ending injury in the opening game. Heath loses 2 scores with fumbles and loses another score on a 4 and 1 inside the 5 yd line. I think that these two teams will represent the Licking county area in D.IV this season.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth West is in great shape for a top 8 finish and maybe a home playoff game. We'll get a bunch of points from Portsmouth and we still have big point games with Minford, Valley, and Wheelersburg.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I'm in on that one...still wanting this bet?

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

well so much for your 9and0 ptown/ironton matchup. P-town ran into a buzz saw last night the siders never let up. the siders got p-town down and continued the beat down. West will be a force to reckon with so all those out there who dont believe this you will get the same beat down that p-town received

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

After two weeks how are all the teams looking and set up to make a post season run?

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:Looks like Ironton at Portsmouth (week 10) will be a good one!
After week 2, I think I might have to amend that observation.

I don't think either team has played anywhere near their potential.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Each season I rank the regions Im most interested in,its way to early for this but it should be good chatter. These are not pts based rankings just how I see em after week two. Taking into account reputation, whom each play, league strength and what I have read about this years squads. Its only for fun BASH away .
ps,to be in my rankings I have to feel the team will end up at least 6-4
here we go after two weeks
1.Coshocton
Big games @ Dover
2.Columbus Bishop Hartley
@ Elyria Catholic,Villa Angela-St Joseph,Columbus Grove,@ Thurgood Marshall,@ Ironton,Bishop Ready
3.Amanda-Clearcreek
Canal Winchester
4.Heath
Utica,Licking Valley,@Columbus Academy,Granville
5.Ironton
Ashland Blazier,Gallia Academy,Jonathan Alder,Bishop Hartley,@Portsmouth
6.Portsmouth
@Wheelersburg,Warren,Jackson,@Gallia Academy,Logan, Ironton
7.Portsmouth West
@Minford,Valley,Wheelersburg
8.Utica
@Heath,Fredericktown
9.Sparta Highland
Pleasant,Cardington-Lincoln
10.Zanesville West Muskingham
Tri Valley,@New Lexington,@Crooksville,Maysville,@John Glenn,@Philo
11.Johnstown-Monroe
@Loudonville,@Fredericktown,Utica,@Danville
12.Marion Pleasant
North Union,@Highland,Cardington-Lincoln
13.Albany Alexander
@Wellston,Athens,@Nelsonville-York,Meigs
14.Chillicothie Zane Trace
Logan Elm,@Adena,Piketon,@Westfall
15.Williamsport Westfall
@Circleville,Unioto,Zane Trace,@Adena,@Piketon
16.Piketon
Minford,@ZaneTrace,Unioto,@Adena,Westfall

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Things and projections start falling into place after the third week. Heres how I have em
1.Columbus Bishop Hartley
@ Elyria Catholic
2.Portsmouth West
Valley,Wheelersburg
3.Heath
Licking Valley,@Columbus Academy,Granville
4.Coshocton
@Dover
5.Ironton
Ashland Blazier,Gallia Academy,Jonathan Alder,Bishop Hartley,@Portsmouth
6.Amanda-Clearcreek
Circleville,Canal Winchester,@Hamilton Township
7.Utica
@ Johnstown-Monroe,Fredericktown,@Danville
8.Johnstown-Monroe
@Fredericktown,Utica,@Danville
9.Sparta Highland
Pleasant
10.Marion Pleasant
@Highland,Cardington-Lincoln
11.Chillicothie Zane Trace
@Adena,Unioto
12.Chillicothie Unioto
@Piketon,Adena,@Zane Trace
13.Williamsport Westfall
Unioto,Zane Trace,@Adena,@Piketon

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

I look forward to seeing your projections as the season progresses.

I still think Ironton has the potential to go 10-0, but the team must improve greatly. And, the improvement must come quickly with 4-0 Ashland (KY) coming to Tanks Memorial with what is probably their best team in the last 20 years.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Huge win for the Fighting Tigers! I hope that somewhere down the line Ironton and Portsmouth West will cross paths

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Even at this early stage of the season, Ironton looks to have greatly strengthened the chances of hosting a round 1 playoff game. Hopefully, the high intensity level will not only continue, but improve.

Return to “Football”