Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

Post by D_Journey9 »

what is everybody's thoughts?

val13
Freshman Team

Re: Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

Post by val13 »

yea i agree with that...but one player i think might give him a run for his money...what about westen hale form oak hill...havent seen him play in person but from what i hear, hes good...but he plays in the soc 1 and has a hell of a supporting cast

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

val13 wrote:yea i agree with that...but one player i think might give him a run for his money...what about westen hale form oak hill...havent seen him play in person but from what i hear, hes good...but he plays in the soc 1 and has a hell of a supporting cast

he might....i have never seen Oak Hill or Westen Hale play other than in basketball...so i guess will see...but isn't oak hill a passing team..w/ Slone at QB

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

wilkes from ironton will be a one man highlight film this year

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Brandon Shankweiler,way more explosive,easier to game plan against Pendelton,not so with Brandon,more versatile can beat you in more ways,Pendelton however is #2 imo,great power back.Good luck to both.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

independent2012 wrote:Brandon Shankweiler,way more explosive,easier to game plan against Pendelton,not so with Brandon,more versatile can beat you in more ways,Pendelton however is #2 imo,great power back.Good luck to both.
You could make an argument for either one, but I agree that shank is more explosive. Pendelton is one heck of a football player though, on both sides of the ball.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

independent2012 wrote:Brandon Shankweiler,way more explosive,easier to game plan against Pendelton,not so with Brandon,more versatile can beat you in more ways,Pendelton however is #2 imo,great power back.Good luck to both.

Really? Pendleton is 235 lbs running a 4.6 40. This area has never seen that kind of explosion period. There is a reason he is ranked in the nation. Where is Shankwheiler ranked, Oh wait he isn't. I understand you guys root for wheelersburg but let's be realistic when you make arguments. BTW, how easy was it for Burg to game plan against him in 08. He torched wheelersburg as a Sophomore. I bet you eat your words in about 15 weeks.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

I also think Shankwheiler is a great player. He's great for Southern Ohio. But comparing him to someone who is ranked in the nation is a little crazy.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:

Really? Pendleton is 235 lbs running a 4.6 40. This area has never seen that kind of explosion period. There is a reason he is ranked in the nation. Where is Shankwheiler ranked, Oh wait he isn't. I understand you guys root for wheelersburg but let's be realistic when you make arguments. BTW, how easy was it for Burg to game plan against him in 08. He torched wheelersburg as a Sophomore. I bet you eat your words in about 15 weeks.
12 carries for 53 yds last yr, so I guess we can call this one the tie breaker. He is very good but saying this area has never seen that kind of explosion might be a little much. Just last yr at the end of the season craigmiles was pretty explosive, not as big but faster.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:I also think Shankwheiler is a great player. He's great for Southern Ohio. But comparing him to someone who is ranked in the nation is a little crazy.
I am guessing those rankings are based on college potential which is very impressive but I have seen some big time olinemen that went on to play for major universities get eaten alive by dlinemen from the burg that were 5'8-5'10 range and about 170lbs. Colleges look at size and speed just as much if not more than performance on the feild. JoJo Parker might have been one of the best if not the best back to ever come out of this area but because of his size as far as I know he never got a serious look. When ranking how good a highschool player is don't get to caught up in where some recruiting service may have him ranked or what colleges are looking at them. I think the kid from waverly was ranked pretty high last yr and he went to ND which was great for the kid but I saw him play a couple times and he never really showed me much.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Before I type this, I am not hating against anyone, just being realistic.

BUT....all of these summer camps, etc, dont win football games. Lets look at this debate in another way.....I watched Minford play both Burg and West last year. Minford's defense looked really good both games. Shankwiler had the better line by far, but I am just saying if Pendleton was the one man army alot make him out to be, he would have gotten better than the 50yds rushing against Minford. Now I am not saying anything bad about Trevon, he is a good kid and a great local football talent, but IMO Trevon is the better FOOTBALL player but Shank is the better RB.
And I will also say that when the smoke clears at the end of the year, the best SOC II RB wont be either one of them !!!!!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Trevon , Im my mind, is the best, but He can only be as good as his line. Didn`t Weston Hale graduate last year? Not even in the same league as Trevon. OH Played about 7 Division V teams.
Shank is good, but not quite the same as Pendelton. This year , you`ll see a different Trevon !

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Weston Hale will be a senior this year.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

From what i have heard Weston Hale did go to camp some where. Weston is one of the best running backs i have seen in oak hill for years. He is a very hard noise hitting running back that one person will not take him down. Hale will rack up the yards again this year. He runs over people.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Wasn't Hale All-Ohio last year? As far as what I saw, Ironton had the best backs Portsmouth faced last year, Pendleton has the size and speed to be the best we face this year, but we will have to wait and see.

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

portsmouth_98 you better go back and look at the films Schank had over 400 all purpose yards against the Trojans, it seemed liked every time he touched the ball he scored 5TD's. So if Ironton had better backs then him WOW that defense was worse than I thought...

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Scout has him as a non-ranked 2 star LB with an offer from Ball State. The kid is a pretty good ball player, but to say this area has never seen his kind of explosion is absurd. Where is he ranked nationally as a RB, or even a LB? Shank at the Burg is good as well as Wilkes at Ironton. I would take Shank or Wilkes as a RB over Pendleton as both are more athletic and versatile. With that said, I don't think many players in the area will have the impact that Pendleton has on BOTH sides of the ball. I see him playing on the defensive side at the next level. I wish him the best of luck.
Last edited by Frogtownbuckeye on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Tyler Dyla for Trimble. 1st Team All State as a Soph and Junior.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

free safety wrote:portsmouth_98 you better go back and look at the films Schank had over 400 all purpose yards against the Trojans, it seemed liked every time he touched the ball he scored 5TD's. So if Ironton had better backs then him WOW that defense was worse than I thought...

Well, we started off 2-2, had 5 or 6 new starters come in, and finished 7-3, you make that call.

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

portsmouth_98 I think Portsmouth had a good year to turn it around like they did from 08 to 09.. All I was stating is you thought Schank wasn't the best back the Trojans seen last year, I would have to ask the players that one.

We can all talk who is the best between Schank and Pendelton all day none of us would cut them from any team. It would be fun to watch Trevon line up at fullback, Brandon at tailback and Meyers at QB behind the BURGS line.

All joking aside Trevon will get a D1 team to sign him as he deserves he has worked hard for it. I will be rooting for him or any other local kid. I think he will play linebacker at the next level hopefully in Scarlet & Gray

Return to “Football”