Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

joe dirt
Waterboy

Re: Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

Post by joe dirt »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:
independent2012 wrote:Brandon Shankweiler,way more explosive,easier to game plan against Pendelton,not so with Brandon,more versatile can beat you in more ways,Pendelton however is #2 imo,great power back.Good luck to both.

Really? Pendleton is 235 lbs running a 4.6 40. This area has never seen that kind of explosion period. There is a reason he is ranked in the nation. Where is Shankwheiler ranked, Oh wait he isn't. I understand you guys root for wheelersburg but let's be realistic when you make arguments. BTW, how easy was it for Burg to game plan against him in 08. He torched wheelersburg as a Sophomore. I bet you eat your words in about 15 weeks.
I understand G.O.A.T., you root for Pendleton, but lets be realistic when you make your argument..hes your little brother.
Now I agree he was good against PHS but he was not the best against us last year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

joe dirt wrote:
THE G.O.A.T. wrote:
independent2012 wrote:Brandon Shankweiler,way more explosive,easier to game plan against Pendelton,not so with Brandon,more versatile can beat you in more ways,Pendelton however is #2 imo,great power back.Good luck to both.

Really? Pendleton is 235 lbs running a 4.6 40. This area has never seen that kind of explosion period. There is a reason he is ranked in the nation. Where is Shankwheiler ranked, Oh wait he isn't. I understand you guys root for wheelersburg but let's be realistic when you make arguments. BTW, how easy was it for Burg to game plan against him in 08. He torched wheelersburg as a Sophomore. I bet you eat your words in about 15 weeks.
I understand G.O.A.T., you root for Pendleton, but lets be realistic when you make your argument..hes your little brother.
Now I agree he was good against PHS but he was not the best against us last year.

HHhhmmmmm...interesting. That makes GOATS posts clear now.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I am in no way affliated with Pendleton and although I am a West fan anyone can look at my previous posts and see that I am unbiased when saying what team or player is better. I believe that Trevon is just a notch above everyone else, I'm sorry but hes that good...I think Shank, Slone, and Hale are all good backs, but if you look at this kid and watch him play, then watch the other kids play I think that their is a gap in the talent level. Hes very fast (probably not fastest, but has great speed esp. for high school), he runs with great balance, never goes down after the first or even second or third hit, has exceptional vision, hes not the most elusive but he can make you miss, and has the ability to take big games over(Burg in 08 and Portsmouth last year) which is what makes a player great. A lot of people also say "So and so would have 1400 yards too if he had all of those carries", he has 163 carries last year, which isn't a ridiclous amount, averaged 9 yards a carry which is outstanding, had a young/inexperienced line, and didn't have craigmiles, or the stable of backs slone had with him, or a great passing game like the other three I mentioned this year...I think this year he will show how good he really is, because his line is a year older, his quarterback is year older, and the backs should be improved...again, no disrespect to the others, I just feel Pendleton is better

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

I can see merit in all of the posts above. We will see when the season is over.
There are a lot of good backs around.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

sider wrote:I am in no way affliated with Pendleton and although I am a West fan anyone can look at my previous posts and see that I am unbiased when saying what team or player is better. I believe that Trevon is just a notch above everyone else, I'm sorry but hes that good...I think Shank, Slone, and Hale are all good backs, but if you look at this kid and watch him play, then watch the other kids play I think that their is a gap in the talent level. Hes very fast (probably not fastest, but has great speed esp. for high school), he runs with great balance, never goes down after the first or even second or third hit, has exceptional vision, hes not the most elusive but he can make you miss, and has the ability to take big games over(Burg in 08 and Portsmouth last year) which is what makes a player great. A lot of people also say "So and so would have 1400 yards too if he had all of those carries", he has 163 carries last year, which isn't a ridiclous amount, averaged 9 yards a carry which is outstanding, had a young/inexperienced line, and didn't have craigmiles, or the stable of backs slone had with him, or a great passing game like the other three I mentioned this year...I think this year he will show how good he really is, because his line is a year older, his quarterback is year older, and the backs should be improved...again, no disrespect to the others, I just feel Pendleton is better
I totally agree in him taking over that Portsmouth game last year. He brought West back in that game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

sider wrote:I am in no way affliated with Pendleton and although I am a West fan anyone can look at my previous posts and see that I am unbiased when saying what team or player is better. I believe that Trevon is just a notch above everyone else, I'm sorry but hes that good...I think Shank, Slone, and Hale are all good backs, but if you look at this kid and watch him play, then watch the other kids play I think that their is a gap in the talent level. Hes very fast (probably not fastest, but has great speed esp. for high school), he runs with great balance, never goes down after the first or even second or third hit, has exceptional vision, hes not the most elusive but he can make you miss, and has the ability to take big games over(Burg in 08 and Portsmouth last year) which is what makes a player great. A lot of people also say "So and so would have 1400 yards too if he had all of those carries", he has 163 carries last year, which isn't a ridiclous amount, averaged 9 yards a carry which is outstanding, had a young/inexperienced line, and didn't have craigmiles, or the stable of backs slone had with him, or a great passing game like the other three I mentioned this year...I think this year he will show how good he really is, because his line is a year older, his quarterback is year older, and the backs should be improved...again, no disrespect to the others, I just feel Pendleton is better
the voice of reason.

Like he said, last year at times he had little help. Shankwieler is a good player, but he has played on 2 very good teams. Defenses game planned to stop Trevon. With Craigmiles and Lang back there, I would say few defenses Keyed on Shankwieler. Just look at the highlight videos posted on him before, some of Trevon's runs are just rediculous.

Just my opinion, if I was gonna pick the second best back in the SOC II, it would be Slone from Minford, not Shankwieler.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I will second that Siderman, we all was just saying the exact same thing the other day.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Who cares who is more explosive...Trevon don't need explosiveness when he bulldozes everybody....just ask that burg D the last two years...when anyone met up with him they was layin on there back

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

I will go with the people who 'really' know how to evaluate talent, the college recruiting scounts. When another area back gets offers from more/bigger schools I will believe that back is the best. Until then I will consider Pendleton at the top of the heap.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I think that this year will be the first year that you will really be able to compare Pendleton and Shank, and even Slone. Because they will all be the featured back for each team. Pendleton was the main man last year for West, but Shank had to share the ball with Craigmiles, and Lang. And Slone had to share the spotlight with Oesch. This year Slone, and Shank should get as many touches as Pendleton. I think that will make this a fun year to watch SOC II football.
There is no way, that I would get on here and say that Pendleton is not the best back in the area. Because he has put up some great numbers. I think that by the end of the season one of these guys will really stand out, as the best in the area. And it will be the one that can lead his team to the golden football. The big numbers they put up in the non-league games won't mean much, if they can't do it against the SOC teams.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

With the backs and the offensive system that Minford has, I don't see Slone getting anywhere near the carries of Pendleton or Shank, but I expect Slone to be very, very good.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I think Slone will get the carries, because, he's earned them. He has been rock solid for three years, and he has earned everything he gets. I know the other backs have alot of talent, but you have to give the ball to Slone, as pay-back, for what he's done for this program!!!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

WILKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH SPEED....ask Wheelersburg...LOL

earp
S

Post by earp »

Gecko you cant be serious!Dyla is a nice back but this Pendleton is something totally different and YES I have seen both play in person!Dyla also plays againist week d-6 teams in TVC for the most part and not in SOC II which is a wayyy better conference!

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Pendelton is now 3 stars and ranked number 2 in the nation. That pretty much settles the debate

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

jumpstart wrote:Pendelton is now 3 stars and ranked number 2 in the nation. That pretty much settles the debate
He definitely has the most college potential but that doesn't automatically make him the best high school back. Those rankings are based on height, weight, 40 time, shuttle times just as much if not more than actual production at the highschool level.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Pendleton is a very strong down hill runner! Shank is an awesome skilled RB that can run in any direction, stop on a dime and run at full speed again! Pendleton doesnt need eyes to find a hole cause he makes his own! Shank has a great line and backs around him that seem to read each others mind to open holes where ever he needs them opened! Should be a great year for both teams and players! Good Luck to the Pirates and have a great senior year Brandon!

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

All the backs mentioned are very good....no doubt. It should be an honor to any of these boys to even be mentioned. I think if they all stay healthy they will all lead their team to a great year, and rush for alot of yards. As far as the rankings go (Pendleton being rated at #2) I believe Pendleton is rated as a Fullback not a runningback (AKA tailback or halfback). That is the one thing he has on the other players.....size....230 lbs. I dont see any of these backs carrying the ball at a D1 University when their high school playing days are over. Although, Pendleton might be blocking for some or even playing defense. And Shank definately has the speed and is a good enough athlete to make somebodies team.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

jumpstart wrote:Pendelton is now 3 stars and ranked number 2 in the nation. That pretty much settles the debate
Those camps are all ran without pads! right?
When he gets the pads on he can't compare to the speed and agility of Shank.
He may be powerful and an awesome back. But not only is the #2 in the nation. He's #2 in Southern Ohio.

But I'd still take him on my team.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

First off this kid is talked about more than any other on this site. Now this will never happen but let's just play what if. What if?.......You could take Shank and Trevon and line then up against each other 1 on 1 in pads. 1 Plays defense against the other, kind of like an Oklahoma drill. Shank runs first and Trevon tries to stop him, and then switch roles? Who would you put your money on? There is your answer. Thank you I will be in the area all day if there are anymore questions. There have been many backs in the country that were small that made it big time. So don't play the human tape measure card. West had a decednt ball team last year, but they are all back and hungry. Sorry Burg fans West gets the gold football this year.

Return to “Football”