Best QB in the Area?

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Re: Best QB in the Area?

Post by Faclons Forever »

^^^^^^ 250 yds? But to do that Symmes Valley would have to throw the ball like, 20 times! :lol: Just kidding. I did see him at a 7 on 7 and he was fairly impressive. I think you may have meant 2500?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Best Qb in the area.

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

Lol nope I meant 250...that's a lot for SV!! Haha... He is a good QB though...not the best in the area but who says you gotta throw the ball a lot to be a great QB!?!?

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Well I'm glad it only took 11 months for someone to correct me :)

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Big Mama 42 the Oak Hill QBs father is on the staff and is in the press box but is not the Offensive Coordinator, Coach Phillips is. At the same time the Offense achieved those numbers passing they also had close to 2000 yards rushing. The Oak Hill offense is a very balanced attack, the running game opens up the pass and the pass compliments the running game. They are not a sling the ball every time out of the shotgun attack. Not only is Jesse a good QB , he provides great leadership and knows the responsibility of every player on the offense on every play that is being run.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Slone is the real deal, and will end up playing QB at a D1 college.
Myers is a great athlete, and commands respect on the field, because he is such a threat both on the ground and in the air.

There is no comparison to their schedules, if Portsmouth played against the SOC 1 competition, Myers would undoubtedly have more impressive stats then he already has. If the Oaks played against the Trojans schedule they would not have gone 10-0, and I am sure Slone’s numbers would not be as good.
This is not a shot, it is just undoubtedly easier to put up good #s against, Notre Dame, Green, East, Symmes Valley, and South Gallia, then it is against Ironton, Jackson, West, Chillicothe and Warren.
We should get a better idea of just how good Slone is this year, with the Oaks adding Burg, and New Richmond, and the continuation of the Minford series. The Trojans will still have a tougher schedule, but Myers probably has a better supporting cast around him as well.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote: Its not "Big Red"....its "Bleeding Red". Please get it right if you want to quote my posts.

you think you are "bleeding red" now...... wait til waverly, wheelersburg and west get through with your your mighty falcons this year.

btw ..i didn't "quote my (your) posts", i merely made reference to what you had said.
please get it right if you want to say something. :mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

KVDW wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote: Its not "Big Red"....its "Bleeding Red". Please get it right if you want to quote my posts.

you think you are "bleeding red" now...... wait til waverly, wheelersburg and west get through with your your mighty falcons this year.

btw ..i didn't "quote my (your) posts", i merely made reference to what you had said.
please get it right if you want to say something. :mrgreen:

Waverly will be lucky to win 3 games this year. Does your mommy know you act like this on the computer? :)

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

sorry. my bad. i meant VALLEY, wheelersburg and west. :)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

KVDW wrote:sorry. my bad. i meant VALLEY, wheelersburg and west. :)
Dont hold your breath. Valley will be a close game, we all know how they do against Minford in close games.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

(music) ....but that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone. :mrgreen:

also, at least MY momma knows who my daddy is. :lol: :lol:

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Jesse Slone was putting those numbers up basically for one half of a game, with the exception of 5 games last year (Peake, Trimble, Minford, Coal Grove and Ridgewood). So, in 7 of those games where Slone's numbers are enormous, he is only doing it for one half. Take that into consideration. Against Symmes Valley, He had over 250 yards passing in basically half a game. Imagine his numbers if he played the whole game. And like Mr. Farquar said, the reason Slone was able to have such astounding numbers is a great running attack. Plus, he has a very high quarterback IQ (Which, at times, is very rare in this area). Personally, I am not too impressed with McCollister from Rock Hill. He is 3-17 as a qb and in all the games I've seen him in, he has barely thrown for over 100 yards each time, with multiple interceptions.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Back in '81, if coach would have put me in the 4th quarter..........I'd taking State.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^HA HA.....I loved that movie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

JESSE SLONE...by far...when do you ever see a QB from around here throw for over 2400 yards and 30 tds and only 1 int....wow how is this even a argument.....Myers is a good athlete but he is more of a RB than a QB

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

D_Journey9 wrote:JESSE SLONE...by far...when do you ever see a QB from around here throw for over 2400 yards and 30 tds and only 1 int....wow how is this even a argument.....Myers is a good athlete but he is more of a RB than a QB
When you are a D5 team that plays in a D6 league, whose league opponents have a combined record 19-21. What would Myer’s stats be against that schedule? 1500 rush 1500 pass? Slone would not have those amazing numbers playing Portsmouth’s Ironton’s Burg’s West’s or Minford’s Schedule. The 7 teams that Oak Hill put up 35 or more points against have a combined record of 25-45, with 4 of them being d6 teams. Everyone’s stats would look better playing this schedule.
I think Slone is a real talent, but it isn’t fair to compare his stats to other guys who play against much tougher opponents.

D_Journey9, you are a West fan, could you imagine the kind of stats Pendleton could put up against that schedule? He would have Mr. Football numbers. The same is true for Slone, his stats are somewhat inflated because of it.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

T_FB_A... again I'd like to point out that last year....

Oak Hill (and Slone) beat Minford (who won the SOC II outright )

Minford beat Wheelersburg

and Whellersburg KILLED Portsmouth (and Myers)

i know,...."on any given night"... but that's a whole series of "given nights", not just one fluke.
so, following the above, Slone and Oak Hill would have simply annihilated Myers and Portsmouth last year. so much for schedules and the mighty seoal......

2,400 passing yards
30 TDs
ONE INT

that is amazing i don't care who you are playing against....and keep in mind there are some very good athletes in the SOC I that picked off a LOT of passes last year.

as has been said several times, Myers is a very good athlete in several sports but as you and Big Red said, "numbers don't lie, people". :mrgreen: :)

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

First of all I never said numbers don’t lie. Numbers are misleading. Prime example is putting up big numbers against inferior and smaller schools.
By your logic of one team beat another team logic PHS was better then Logan. After all PHS beat Warren by 28-7 and Logan only beat them 31-15. By your logic Portsmouth is 5 points better the Logan. I hope you see why reasoning like this doesn’t work.
Let’s do another one now to make sure you get it. West beat Chesapeake 39-6, Oak Hill beat them 37-14. That makes West 10 points better then Oak hill by your logic, and don’t forget that’s the same West that lost to Portsmouth so I guess that makes the Trojans 11 points better than the Oaks by your thinking. Guess I poked a few holes in your like opponent theory?
As for the SEOAL it is the week in and week out grind of the league that makes it hard. Even the teams with bad records are still tough for a team that has half their enrollment. The Oaks only had to gear up for one big game last year in Minford. The rest were nothing more than a formality.

This thread isn’t about who the better team is it’s about who the top QB is. I also never said Myers was the better QB, I just wanted you all to understand that although Slone had great stats if is undoubtedly easier to do it against their schedule.
Do you think the Oaks could have put up 4 TDs against Ironton, Jackson, or Warren? The best team on the Oaks schedule was obviously Minford; in this game the Oaks scored 20. Are we to believe the Falcons D is better than Ironton’s?

Schedule makes a difference period! The only ones that think otherwise are those that play the weak schedule.
As I said in an earlier post Slone will end up playing D1 somewhere because he has the tools, but his stats do not tell the story, because of the inferior opponents he plays against most of the season.
This is also not a shot at the SOC 1 schools. It is just much harder to find 11 solid guys to fill out your defense, when you have 100 boys or less in your school then it is when you have 200 boys. Take into consideration that several of Portsmouth’s opponents have around 350 boys or more, while several of Oak Hills have less than 80.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Put Slone on Portsmouth's team and they win 3 more games at least. He's a game changer that this area hasn't seen in awhile. Go watch him play once and I bet your opinion changes.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Bucknut27 wrote:Put Slone on Portsmouth's team and they win 3 more games at least. He's a game changer that this area hasn't seen in awhile. Go watch him play once and I bet your opinion changes.
Portsmouth does not win any more game with Slone then Myers. And you don't think the Oaks are undefeated if Myers was at the helm. They are both game changers, we all seen that when they faced each other in the 8th grade. They were the best 2 players on the field that night. One poster on here is stuck on one score and grading Myers on that one night. Myers is the QB not the whole defense that gave up 68 to Burg. He threw 2 TD's that night and 3 against a very good Ironton team last year I beleive. Portsmouth scored more on Ironton then anyone on their schedule last year and that includes Playoff teams.

Return to “Football”