Week 1- Belpre Eagle at Warren Warriors

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

mglight88
SE

Re: Week 1- Belpre Eagle at Warren Warriors

Post by mglight88 »

Warren seems to have all the right moves getting an opening win against Belpre.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This game is going to get ugly in a hurry. Sorry Belpre, Warren is on the upswing right now and has a lot momentum surronding their program. Plus all the numbers Warren has this year, there just going to keep throwing fresh bodies at you.

Warren - 42
Belpre - 10

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

What a great time of the year. School is starting and high school football is ready to go. Things are very rapidly shifting into high gear. The team, the band, the cheerleaders, the pep rallies, the excitement is in the air. I can smell the popcorn!!!

Good luck to Coach Schob and all of the Warren players. Seniors must lead and I am sure they will. Can't wait to get under the lights on Friday night. It's football..................and it is awesome !!!

Take care of business boys and get this season started right!!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

warrnwarriorfan,
I am using Swami's year-by-year history that he posted on SEOPS about two years ago, updating it for the elapsed time since then. So provided his original information is correct, then the decade by decade, win totals, and number of games played are correct. If you were to sort the football posts on this forum by first letter and start with W, you'll find his season-by-season account...if more confirmation is needed I would suggest bringing that account to Jim Rhodes and asking him to take a look at it. There are few more thorough historians of Warrior football than he.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Pulling for the Warriors in this.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 1 Belpre Eagle at Warren Warriors

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:TVC Trivia..............I think I am right on this anyways........

This will be the first ever game featuring a team in the TVC Hocking playing a team in the SEOAL.

Anyone know if any other TVC Hocking team has ever played a SEOAL team?
Fed Hock played Athens when they were still in the SEOAL

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck Belpre hopeing you go 9 and 1 this year

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: WK 1 Belpre Eagle at Warren Warriors

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Fed Hock played Athens when they were still in the SEOAL
Are you sure? I thought 2008 was the first ever meeting between the two schools, and that was Athens' first year in the TVC OHIO.

Fed Hock beat Athens in 2008 and Athens beat Fed Hock in 2009.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Warren with the win.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren played its first football game in the fall of 1960. This makes the 51st season of Warrior football. I got this from the Warren football web site (warrenwariorfootball.com), it has a button for Hall of Fame with overall team results of the first 500 football games, records, etc. I have talked with Jim Rhodes and he has stared getting overall records with different schools together and will get them posted as he gets them together. This is a slow time consuming task, I know he has Marietta, and Meigs done, but don't know if any more are finished. He looked at the post above and said it seems to be right or at least very close. Belpre dominated pretty much in the early years, but it has been Warren in the later years. Possibly because Warren kept getting bigger and Belpre has been shrinking or late. Sometimes shear numbers makes the difference. Anyway school is starting so if anyone wants to volunteer to help, or has any info on Warren football he would love to have it. Old newspaper clippings, pictures, stats from when they played, anything, he can scan it and get it back to you.
You can contact him at the high school, his school e-Mail is: wl_jrhodes@seovec.org

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Warren

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

This should be an easy win for the Warriors. Have way more players out so they won't get tired on the field. But Belpre does have some good skilled players for Warren to stop. Also this is the team that was able to beat the Warren seniors when they where in 8th grade. Yes it was along time ago but they should want to rely beat Belpre for embarrassing them like that.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eagles pull off the upset for their coach recovering from open heart surgery.
Get well Coach Adams and GO EAGLES!!!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Warren wins this one. Could be close for awhile.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

papaw, i think you hit the nail on the head! the eagles have a little extra incentive and maybe catch the warriors overlooking belpre week one. not supposed to be real hot friday (forcast high 77), so that should help belpre a bit as warren will throw wave after wave of fresh legs out on the field, definite numbers advantage for the blue and white. old faces in new places on both coaching staffs, shriver at warren and cox filling in for adams on the eagle sideline. the excitement and anticipation is at a fever pitch. must be football season again! should be a huge crowd in vincent friday night. good luck to both teams friday and the entire 2010 season. hope for no injuries. prediction - waderker and venham shine but in the end belpre pulls it out 28-26.

GO EAGLES!!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Its a great time of the year schools back in session and football fridays are here. Warren and their new head coach will show that Big Bad Blue will continue the winning ways. Warren 38 Belpre 14

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Warren, plenty of numbers & size to throw at the Eagles.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

As the Warren Warrior skids to a halt on his trusty steed, he stares into the tree. Lo and behold, there sits an Eagle perched on another warrior. The arriving Warrior thrusts his mighty sword into the Eagle, and it falls to the ground with a broken wing. Looking down on the bird, he smiles and says, "Not this time Eagle. We win this one, and I'll let you go till we meet again next year" Meanwhile, back at the ranch..................

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Schnellfritz wrote:As the Warren Warrior skids to a halt on his trusty steed, he stares into the tree. Lo and behold, there sits an Eagle perched on another warrior. The arriving Warrior thrusts his mighty sword into the Eagle, and it falls to the ground with a broken wing. Looking down on the bird, he smiles and says, "Not this time Eagle. We win this one, and I'll let you go till we meet again next year" Meanwhile, back at the ranch..................
This isn't Shakespeare but could be close :razz:

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Need alittle help here. If anyone has the year by year results from Warren Belpre. Could you please post. Jim Rhodes asked me to post this. He has misplaced his info. Put it somewhere where he could not lose it and has forgot where that is. Guess that comes with old age, CRS. He has now finished Logan and will continue with the process. But can anyone help an old man out here????? Otherwise he will have to go through the yearbooks one be one again or each years folder of info.

Return to “Football”