Jackson Ironmen

camnott
Varsity

Jackson Ironmen

Post by camnott »

Just wanting to hear some thoughts and chatter about Ironmen football.
Gettin close to kickoff and can't wait!
Watched the red and white scrimmage and will try and get to the Meigs scrimmage sat.
Can't put much stock in preseason stuff though. Kicking looked promising! :122246

camnott
Varsity

Re: Jackson Ironmen

Post by camnott »

NOTHIN!

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Looking forward to Meigs scrimmage on Sat.! Hopefully big crowd the next week at the Wheelersburg scrimmage! I would guess worst case scenario 6-4. I would watch out for Ron Hinton's Cavs the could sneak up on you.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I'd say there will be a nice crowd for the wheelersburg scrimmage, usually is.
I think there are a few teams that are looking to redeem themselves that cannot be taken lightly. We do have some size and talent especially at skill positions as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot.
We need someone to step up and be a leader. I haven't seen that from anyone yet! I know it's still early though.
I think that our sophmore QB has a ton of potential from watching him during the red & white scrimmage.
I think Luke will do just fine as long as he gets plenty of kicks under pressure preseason.
Should get a better look at the D this sat.against Meigs.

Blazer83
Riding the Bench

Post by Blazer83 »

Any team with 19 seniors, regardless if they started every game as juniors, is fortunate to have the maturity. But I agree, someone needs to step up. It will happen. If they all gel, Jackson could have the biggest and fastest linebacking corp in the league. Several kids in new positions. The coaches will get the young men ready. It is Jackson, after all! It is always fun to beat Portsmouth at their new place and Logan is going to meet some stiff resistance from our new 3-4 look. It will come down to putting points on the board.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

The linebacking corp should be strong. With Jeffers plugging up holes, and Barr, Ervin and Arthur containing the outside. They'll also have shut down corners in Winchester and McNelly, which Jackson has never had. Just like the O-line, the D-line will be big and strong. I don't believe Wellston O or D-line can stop pentration. Ironton, Portsmouth and Logan will be tough games as well as playing Gallia at Memorial Field.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Really looking forward to seeing the Jackson defense together as a whole unit on Saturday. I have a good idea what to expect from the offense, but from what I've been hearing, there are still quite a few guys fighting for playing time on defense.

I'm excited about Winchester and McNelly on the corners. Kip was one of the premier DBs in the SEOAL last season, and I've heard a lot of good things about Ty this off-season. With guys like Meredith and Morgan Landrum joining them in the defensive backfield, that should be a VERY solid group. Jeffers was very impressive in the intra-squad scrimmage at ILB...I'm looking forward to watching him stuff the opposition's running game this season. OJ Barr at ILB is very interesting to me. He has a great nose for the football and I'm sure he'll be flying all over the place. Ervin and Arthur outside should be a lot of fun to watch too. I feel very confident with those guys on the edges. Hopefully I'll get a better idea of what to expect from the D-line at Meigs on Saturday. Sounds like McDaniel, Bubba Landrum, Speakman, Valentine, and others will all be seeing time up front this season.

Return to “Football”