Week 1 - West at Fairland

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 - West at Fairland

Post by fan4sure »

I was at the game what happened fairland was down when the incident took place. A player for fairland came off the bench running onto the field ran right into the west huddle and took a cheap shot at one of the west players (looked like a spear shot) then the 2 got into a schuffle other players from both sides were trying to seperate the two, it did look alot worse then it was both players were ejected and it was over, thats all, nothing else, it was over, I mean over nothing else the game continued till the clock ran out at the end of the 4th qrt. No after game fights, as a matter of fact they even shook hands after the game. So all you haters read whatever you want into this your going to anyway and say things, but we are going to talk and play some football here on the WEST SIDE!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

I thought all in all the officials did a good job of handling things,Good job by them!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Haters is right Fan4sure. Since coach has been here we don't see the 15 yard penalties and stupid stuff like we used to. They are disciplined. Even after the tempers flaired last night we never had 1 unsportsmanlike. You always have these Minford and Burg fans on here saying stuff, even when they have no clue what happens. Just like the West/Burg game last year. Who was the team getting the 15 yard penalties? Heres a hint, it wasn't West.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

That right siderman do we know any stats from last night

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Nobody knows better than us West Siders what people think about us and most like me could care 2 hoots in a Pea Pod about that. But someone needs to tell me what teenage Football player is going just stand back and let a guy on the other team do something like this and not retaliate. Lee Compton is a very good and respectful young man and doesn't go looking for trouble. But sometimes trouble comes your way and you have to defend yourself at the very least.
Its Football and sometimes becomes a test of strength, then when a kid gets the best of another tempers flair and we all seen the results of that. Feel so bad for Lee because he has to set out a couple of games. Sorry Lee its sure going to leave a hole next week.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

siderman wrote:Haters is right Fan4sure. Since coach has been here we don't see the 15 yard penalties and stupid stuff like we used to. They are disciplined. Even after the tempers flaired last night we never had 1 unsportsmanlike. You always have these Minford and Burg fans on here saying stuff, even when they have no clue what happens. Just like the West/Burg game last year. Who was the team getting the 15 yard penalties? Heres a hint, it wasn't West.
I could tell some real Horror stories about some opposing teams in this area but we just don't do that on the West side. Whats the use. Go West!!!!!!!!! Beat the Trojans!!!!!!!!!!

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

midkiff broke his ankle on the 2nd play of the game.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

RedmenPirate wrote:It is in the Ironton Tribune that a Fairland player broke his leg. Does anyone know how that happened?
I seen it and it was just a routine shoe string tackle, Ratliff "I believe" just wrapped him up around low.

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Fairlands RB was running hard and kept his legs movin and the pwest guy tended to get a bit upset and he grabbed the guys facemask and started hitting him in the face....then a fairland player ran from the sideline to defend his teammate!!!!!! Some people may call it cheap but I see it as a good teammate!!!!

As for the game...Both teams played very hard with pendelton doin what he does...very good running back, midkiff broke his ankle on the second play and Im very sorry for him..Fairland just had too many mistakes in the special teams department, like 2 blocked punts deep in their own territory which led to scores and also a snap over the punters head which led to the same...but a hard fought game by both teams and goodluck the rest of the year to both!!!!!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SSU Grad wrote:....and then the Army was called and they flew in the choppers with nukes on them... The threat of mutual mass destruction seemed to calm everyone down.... and then more half truths and rumors spread and then Burg Grad 77, being from the burg, decided to put people down because he is, after all, better than everyone else.... and then all was well in the world

Why in the Hell are you bringing me on this and just who do you think you are??? I have never said I was better than anybody. I haven't even posted on this thread so why is my name being dragged through the mud.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

siderman wrote:. I believe Ratliff is the best passing QB we've had since Brian Howell. This team is only scratching the surface of what their capable of.
Your going back as far as Brian Howell...?? Are you forgetting someone......Initials MH should help ya out :122249
Anyhow..... your right Ratliff is very well put together and is a really good QB.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I want to see the film, I know someone had to record the whole incident, because there is 10 different versions of what happened, so let's roll the tape.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Alfie Bricker is the best QB West had in 15 years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Alfie Bricker is the best QB West had in 15 years.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
SSU Grad wrote:....and then the Army was called and they flew in the choppers with nukes on them... The threat of mutual mass destruction seemed to calm everyone down.... and then more half truths and rumors spread and then Burg Grad 77, being from the burg, decided to put people down because he is, after all, better than everyone else.... and then all was well in the world

Why in the Hell are you bringing me on this and just who do you think you are??? I have never said I was better than anybody. I haven't even posted on this thread so why is my name being dragged through the mud.

LOL Sorry... this was meant for 4th n goal..... same avatar as you... sorry again

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:Alfie Bricker is the best QB West had in 15 years.
did you notice the word passing? Alfie rarely threw the ball. Wait till you see Ratliff wing it. He's only a junior also.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SSU Grad wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

LOL Sorry... this was meant for 4th n goal..... same avatar as you... sorry again

No problem. I couldn't figure out I was being singled out and I hadn't said anything negative about anyone. Thanks for the explanation.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

My next door neighbor told me, Me and my 3 dogs together could have beaten Fairland. he said West better get their act together! Im just sayin! He is a long time West fan!!!! I am sure West will do just that!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Fairland isn't great. Their not Portsmouth or a couple other schools on our schedule. But their not bad. They are well organized, run alot of complex stuff, and for a first game they are extremely tough to adjust to. In no way did West play great, but they did the things they had to do to win. They blocked and tackled well.

I agree, Portsmouth will be a big step up in competition. Good thing is we played with them last year and there is no doubt we are tons better than last year, we'll just have to see how much better they are.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Fairland will win more ball games than you think and probably could beat your neighbor too!

Return to “Football”