Week 1 - West at Fairland

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

DIDO
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 - West at Fairland

Post by DIDO »

Me and my three dogs? HA HA........Easy on the Jiffy!

Codym2584
Waterboy

Post by Codym2584 »

RedmenPirate wrote:It is in the Ironton Tribune that a Fairland player broke his leg. Does anyone know how that happened?
I tried to spin off and my ankle just got caught and snapped. Out rest of season.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Fairlands running back tanner sowards was being hit n kicked at the bottom of the pile.that is when tyree ceasar ran from the sideline and started the fight .no ref was hit.fairland started the fight but had every reason to. due to the cheap shots made by west.fhs did not start the fight due to the score bc it was not a big difference when it happened at all! That's the truth and every bit of it.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

FHSstudentsection wrote:Fairlands running back tanner sowards was being hit n kicked at the bottom of the pile.that is when tyree ceasar ran from the sideline and started the fight .no ref was hit.fairland started the fight but had every reason to. due to the cheap shots made by west.fhs did not start the fight due to the score bc it was not a big difference when it happened at all! That's the truth and every bit of it.
If this is indeed what happened then Mr. Ceasar should be removed from the team ASAP. There is no room for that kind of behavior in HS athletics.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

To justify my viewpoint, players leaving the bench/sidelines only escalates the problems and incites riots within the crowd.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

If you are truely studentsection, then you was not in the game, which makes this hearsay. I believe #5 is trying to justify his actions.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Who is MH? Howell has been the best passing QB since the 70's at West. There have been several good athletes at that position, but none even close as far as a passer. Levi has the tools we shall see how he does over the next 2 years. I am still curious over the MH?

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

Westsider1993: I'm going to guess Mike Hall is "MH."

I was really impressed with Ratliff once he put that throw on the money down Fairlands sideline. The ball was dropped, but he couldn't have reached out and handed that ball over better. He does seem to be more comfortable passing this year also. With as much emphasis on Pendleton, a nice play-action play or two could really put this team in position to win some big games.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I'd say MH is mike hall, and he was a little less than average at best.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Just watched the game film. And what started the fight was #33 for Fairland, grabbing the facemask of Andy Sparks. After Compton and Sparks tackle #33, you can see his hand come up and grab Andys facemask, and pull. Then when they are getting up Andy retalaites by punching #33. #54 for Fairland comes in and breaks up the scuffle by pushing #33 away. That should have been the end of it, refs were even looking the other way. No penalty on either team. Nobody was pushing or punching at this point. But then #5 for Fairland comes running in off the sideline, and spears Conway Copper in the back (dumb move Conway is twice his size). Doesn't even knock Conway down. You can see one West player jumping on #5, I would presume it was Compton. Then the tape cuts away and on to the next play.

I was there and it looked like the ref was knocked out of the pile by #5 hitting the pile. If I knew how to put it on here I would. In no way did West start the fight. Besides this play the rest of the game is really clean. Yes West shouldn't have retalaited, but I don't know of many teams that would have handled it differently.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Guys told me that Fairland players were doing a lot of woofing from the get go. Teams are told to do that. We've had posters on here say their coaches have told them this. For the most part we have did really good at staying out of stuff. It's hard to do, but you have can't let them suck you into that stuff.

Return to “Football”