top 15 teams in area of southern ohio

kvnchambers
Varsity

Re: top 15 teams in area of southern ohio

Post by kvnchambers »

okay so lets go with schools that play sports in southeastern district. by my count that leaves us 57 football playing schools to be eligible so to not water it down lets go with a top 12. the eligible schools would be. from division 2 (4) chillicothie, logan, marietta, warren . from division 3 (13) athens, circleville, fairfield union, gallia academy, hillsboro, jackson, logan elm, miami trace, mcclain, new lexington, sheridan, vinton county, washington court house from division 4 (15) cheapeake, fairland, ironton, meigs, minford, northwest, piketon, portsmouth, river valley, south point, unioto, waverly, wellston, westfall, zane trace division 5 schools (14) adena, belpre, coal grove, crooksville, federal hocking, huntington, nelsonville york, oak hill portsmouth west, paint valley, rock hill, southeastern, valley, wheelersburg, division 6 schools would be (11) eastern, green, miller, manchester, notre dame, sciottoville, southern symmes valley, south gallia, trimble, waterford.

if you think of other teams that compete in southeast district in most sports we can add them but this is list i found of schools that fit that and play football. i will re-post my top 12 with these adjustments plus i re looked at a couple of schools so might come out different.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

so my modified top 12 after retooling the are to southeast district teams
1. athens
2. jackson
3. warren
4. sheridan
5 ironton
6. adena
7 logan elm
8. new lexington
9. portsmouth west
10. chesapeake
11. alexander
12. symmes valley

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Athens ahead of Ironton and Jackson? Whoooeeeeeee!!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Athens ahead of Ironton and Jackson? Whoooeeeeeee!!!!
I'd also question them over Warren, Sheridan and Logan Elm. At this point Athens has shown nothing more than they are a good team but are far from what I would consider elite. IMO we are still building a program and are likely near the upper half of mid-pack.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i have athens where they are because at this time thru 2 games i think there resume is better then anyone else. I'm not saying even if they went 10-0 they might not be there by end of year. what i am saying is out of the 58 teams. victories over gallipolis and coal grove is two better teams then anyone else has beaten. And my particular top 12 has nothing to do with where i think a team may be after week 10. that is why it is called thru week # 2 there could be some teams that are 1-1 or 0-2 still have great seasons. and some of the teams that are 2-0 have faced 2 teams that are 0-2.
but hey that's the fun of polls everyone has there own opinion and there own way of doing them.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

How do you put athens. Ny south gallia or chesapeake ahead of schools such as amanda clearcreek or liberty union? The problem with these polls is most of the time people go by record. Amanda lost to the defending state champs by 8 in week 1. Not taking anything away from other teams but just have a problem with these polls.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

CavsFan08 wrote:How do you put athens. Ny south gallia or chesapeake ahead of schools such as amanda clearcreek or liberty union? The problem with these polls is most of the time people go by record. Amanda lost to the defending state champs by 8 in week 1. Not taking anything away from other teams but just have a problem with these polls.
just because that team was state champion last year does not make it true this year. i am sure by end of year that will be viewed as a really quality loss. plus that is the idea of the poll to get as many people as possible to post there list. and reasons behind it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

1. are half of these teams considered sutheastern ohio?
2. South Gallia? Who have they played and beat? Schools for the blind and deaf?
3. 0-2 teams ahead of 2-0 teams?

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

I'm not trying to put any team down or anything because I know that's not the purpose of this topic but Valley beat the peake last year by 4 or 5 TDs and this years valley team is just as talented as last year. I know that the peake are much improved and will give valley a better game this year but I'm having a hard time believing they should be placed on here and valley not. My list is
1.Ironton
2.Jackson
3.Warren
4.Sheridan
5.Athens
6.Logan elm
7.New Lexington
8.Valley
9.Portsmouth west
10.Nelsonville York
11.Adena
12.Peake

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It's still early. Week 4 or 5 would be a good time to start a poll or rankings.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would put Sheridan at the top and come play off time you will see why

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Valley needs to be in the mix no matter what at this point and time.

pantherball
Waterboy

Post by pantherball »

(SOC's, SVC, TVC's, SEOAL, Ironton)

1. Nelsonville-York
2. Ironton
3. West
4. Jackson
5. Athens
6. Chesapeake
7. Wellston
8. Valley
9. Warren
10. Adena
11. Alexander
12. Gallia
13. Wahamma
14. South Gallia
15. Symmes Valley

earp
S

Post by earp »

I noticed someone said they are avoiding Lancaster as being Southern Ohio,Well Sheridan which is on everyones list is well north of Lancaster! Just sayin! :mrgreen:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

earp wrote:I noticed someone said they are avoiding Lancaster as being Southern Ohio,Well Sheridan which is on everyones list is well north of Lancaster! Just sayin! :mrgreen:
Off I-70 on the north end of the district that is correct but Sheridan's school district goes south past Somerset on Rt. 13 almost into New Lexington which is due east of Lancaster. Six of those, half dozen of the others. To me both districts are in SEO but what do I know.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Counting Newark and on down and anything east of 23 could be southeastern

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

earp wrote:I noticed someone said they are avoiding Lancaster as being Southern Ohio,Well Sheridan which is on everyones list is well north of Lancaster! Just sayin! :mrgreen:
Thanks.

I always go by schools in the SE district in most sports. Lancaster is never included...nor is Amanda or some other teams sometimes mentioned in these...Morgan, Canal Winchester etc.

My only issue now is Marietta....in the SEOAL it was a no brainer ( like Logan now)....but not sure whether or not to consider them now.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

noreply66 wrote:Counting Newark and on down and anything east of 23 could be southeastern
This would be a true "southeastern ohio" as it's mapped out but some do not want to include teams that don't play in the SEOAL, TVC, OVC, SOC's or SVC so it should state these conferences alone if that's what it means. That way the MVL, ECOL, MSL , SCOL, OVAC and even a couple SVC teams would be left out so that would leave roughly an area from Belpre south along the Ohio River to Portsmouth, north to Chillicothe then directly east though Vinton, Athens, parts of Hocking, Morgan and back into Washington county to the Warren Local / Belpre line. Over the years I think that's what most people I know would consider SEO territory for athletic purposes.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

the 58 teams that i posted late last night all the teams that i can find that participate in any sport in the south east district that has a post season tournament and also play foot ball. there are about 10 or 15 schools in that area with out football. so those are going to be the schools i choose to put in out of everybody that has sent me stuff or posted here. next week i will make that clear. some people have opened up my own personal eyes to a few teams i was over looking.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A lot of people would say if most of your league is in southeastern Ohio they will count the others in.
A lot of people also think right off--Northeast.Northwest-Southeast,Southwest--but you have to throw in CENTRAL and that messes it all up.

Now you have five areas--Central could count above Delaware to south of Circleville to west of London and a little east of Lancaster.

Return to “Football”