Riding the Bench

Week 1- Chesapeake @ Oak Hill

Post by Ovcman »

any thoughts?

Copay
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak hill vs chesapeake

Post by Copay »

After seeing Chesapeake against Wellston, and knowing nothing about Oak Hill other than they return 10 starters from a 10-0 team, I give the advantage to the Oaks, even if the Panthers are 100% healthy for this game.

If Chesapeake can get their option going, they could keep it close to the late quarters, then you never know, a turnover or one big play may give them the oportunity to leave Oak Hill with the win.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Oak Hill 35-14.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Oak Hill struggles against the Peake. I think the Peake stops the Oaks offense and marches up and down the field scoring again, and again, and again.

Ok, just kidding. I am sure I got "Downtown" all worked up LOL.....

The Oaks win by 4 TD's and the starters sip Gatorade the entire second half to get ready for the BURG! Too much air and ground game for the Peake. I just dont see them stopping Slone and company.

Outside of Coal Grove, there probably wont be another OVC school smelling the playoffs this year.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

going back two years ago. the peack held the oaks off for a 29-28 win. last year after leading the oaks 18-14 slone completed a couple of rainbows to ondera and just completely stopped the peakes momentum. the first quote may be true :122246

'93OAK
Waterboy

Post by '93OAK »

Oaks start season on a high note, win by two touchdowns.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Peake can score more than 14 and hold the Oaks to less than 35, then I think the Peake fought a good game. I am standing true to a big win for the Oaks.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I have yet to see the Oaks play, but I can tell you that Chesapeake looks more like the 98-2005 Chesapeake teams. They are running a more option based offense with a very talented QB (Austin McMaster). The backs are not super fast, but they run this offense well. The line for Chesapeake, given Pike comes back, should be able to hang with the Oaks line. The thing that bothers me is the secondary for Chesapeake.

I look for Chesapeake to be in it until the end, but the passing game of the Oaks will prove too much in this one.

Oaks
28-20

theone13
Waterboy

Post by theone13 »

The oak by 30 pts.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Avalanche.... without pike the line should be able to put up a good fight with the oaks line.
BUT it would be a major plus to have him on the line because he is a 2 year starter. it is better to have experience on the line than none at all. his replacement held his own fine in the preview game.
As of the secondary i think that they should be fine. they have good size and speed.
This should be a good game. Good Luck to both of the teams!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Oaks by 19

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I wouldn't say the Oline will be fine w/out Pike, but they will have to get by. As big and strong as the line is they aren't very athletic. They are all blue collar types. Go back to the Welston game and you will see that the line didn't do fine w/out TJ and Pike. Pike is not super talented but he is experienced, and that is something that is hard to replace.

The secondary is not very fast imo. They have one (patrick) with ok speed, but he is more quick then fast (and only 5'7 at best). This secondary is not very good imo and that will be what hurts Chesapeake the most in this one.

I do think that Chesapeake should be able to stop the run. The Dline and LB's will be the strength of the defense.

I wil be surprised if Oak Hill wins by 30+.

Bobcat16
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat16 »

Who is Chesapeake's best DB?

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

probaly mcmasters

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

Good Luck Panthers

theone13
Waterboy

Post by theone13 »

lights out oaks

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

Watched the Oaks on Friday, so now I've seen both teams play. I kept thinking to myself Oak Hill doesn't look real sharp, and then the series of ten plays was over and they were up 3 touchdowns to 0. Then in the two quarters with the exception of two plays on defense (one a penalty) they seemed to do what they wanted and finished 20-7. So with the Oaks taking out Adena 41-7, and seeing Chesapeake battle Wellston (and taking into consideration that it was the Panthers first scrimmage with some key linemen out) I'll take the Oaks by 2 to 3 scores on Friday

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Jesse throws 3 TD's to Joey.
10ta2 all night

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Let's stop trying to be diplomatic.... Oaks by a big ol' bunch.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

After watching Chesapeake take on Coal Grove in previews and scrimmage Green, I will hold to my prediction.

Chesapeake was every bit as physical and just as big as CG up front, and then they just flat out beat Green 30some nothing.

Only bad news is Jacob Wells got hurt.

Return to “Football”