Ironton vs. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg

tl985
Waterboy

Ironton vs. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg

Post by tl985 »

Should the series continue with both of these opponents since the series is no longer competitive? Should Ironton replace them with someone else? I'm thinking they should.

and if Portsmouth and the Burg put together an all-star team would they be able to compete with the mighty Fighting Tigers?

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Re: Ironton vs. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg

Post by Moses Guthrie »

I guess just about any idiot can post on here... Could we have some sort of prerequisite to posting on a subject. Maybe you should have to pass an IQ test in order to be eligible to start a topic...??

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

He's just another one of the Ironton blowhards that ruin it for all the other great fans they have. Most Ironton people are respectful to their opponents and then you get numbskulls like this.

Maybe the Burg and Porstmouth should drop you guys and then set back and watch you scramble to replace those big games. That's a lot of money you'd be throwing down the drain.

I wonder if he was on here saying things like this when Ironton was going 3-7 a few years back when poor little Wheelersburg beat them 39-6?

tl985
Waterboy

Post by tl985 »

Touchy Touchy

It was just a simple question.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

tl985 wrote:Touchy Touchy

it was a simple STUPID question.....and if you don't think they are competitive just go ask some of your boys that have been in those games.

I think Fido and Burg_Grad_77 was right... you need to THINK about the ramifications (money, points, etc. ) before you post such nonsense. :oops:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

tl985 wrote:Touchy Touchy

No, it was not a simple question. Your intent was to run down the programs of both Wheelersburg and Portsmouth. If I remember correctly Portsmouth has the series lead with Ironton. While it may only be one game, they still own the series and the Burg has held their own with the Tigers on many ocassions.

It would serve the Tigers right if both school dropped the Tigers and cost them thousands of dollars in revenue each year when you replaced them with a inner city Columbus team which would be lucky to bring 100 fans with them.

Like I said, were you on here running your mouth when the Tigers were going 3-7 and getting their butts handed to them every week? I doubt it.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

lets see, Portsmouth leads over all series against Ironton, Burg leads over Portsmouth...yeah,,I se what you mean, no compitition :12224 ....

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

[quote="tl985"]Should the series continue with both of these opponents since the series is no longer competitive? quote]

Ironton is 7-5 vs Portsmouth since 2000. A 2 game difference is not competitive?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Well Dogg told me that KYII was telling him the same thing just last week.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Well Dogg told me that KYII was telling him the same thing just last week.

Well we all know that neither one of them know what they are talking about. :mrgreen:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

who would be hurt the most if these series ended? I am pretty sure the burg and portsmouth could probably find another game. Could Ironton find two games?
Last edited by fbnut on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:
tl985 wrote:Should the series continue with both of these opponents since the series is no longer competitive? quote]

Ironton is 7-5 vs Portsmouth since 2000. A 2 game difference is not competitive?
The burg has won 2 of the last 3. Wonder what this guy considers competative?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im betting that most Ironton fans would take this youngster out to the woodshed for posting this junk....looks like nice locker room material for the Burg this week. Im betting they will be ready to play without it anyway.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. we all know this are hard fought victories for whomever wins. and the wheelersburg pirates have won 2 of the last 3. and you cannot get anymore of an even series than portsmouth vs. ironton. with well over 100 games played a 1 game difference in the standings. puh-leeze.the series has definately swung in our favor during the bob lutz tenure. but not competitive. thats a loco statement.

tl985
Waterboy

Post by tl985 »

"Loco"..... We'll see come 10pm on Friday night when the dust settles. Just remember, I told you so.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

fbnut wrote:who would be hurt the most if these series ended? I am pretty sure the burg and portsmouth could probably find another game. Could Ironton find two games?

Great point. Burg and Portsmouth are basically the only schools in Lawrence or Scioto County that will agree to compete with Ironton in football. These are good series' and i think they should continue. If Ironton did not play Burg and Portsmouth, any of the other scioto county or lawrence county schools would play both burg and portsmouth.
Rock Hill has agreed to play Burg, as to have South Point. Neither of those schools will play Ironton anymore. Chesapeake has played Portsmouth, etc.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

FIDO wrote:I'd say you would stand a better chance of getting zapped by lightning than seeing these series being eliminated!
great minds think alike..............aint gonna happen.......................

last time for me to read anything put out by tl985.....an Ironton imposter..........just trying to start sh!t.........

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

PHS vs Ironton since 2000

Year PHS Ironton
09 28 50
08 06 37
07 41 18
06 42 49
05 27 54
04 0 08
03 12 24
02a 25 07
02b 35 20
01a 16 15
01b 35 28
00 28 00
Total 295 310
Avg. 24.58 25.83

Ironton is averaging 1.25 points more than Portsmouth. If that’s not competitive I don't know what is. 15 point difference in 12 games, I doubt you can find a more competitive series.

A true Ironton fan would never want to end this series.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I know as a trojan fan,,I would NEVER want to see it end......

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I am going to miss good ol Spartan Stadium.......one of my favorite places not only for regular season games but for play-off games as well..............the first time I visited Spartan was in the early 50s....

RIP Spartan..........

Return to “Football”