Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by Neutron Man »

It was where you fell at that was questionable. Run all the way to the sideline and fall just before going off. Everytime.

But again Thats in the past, but yet people still bring it up!
Glad Lutz put a stop to it!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

caglewis wrote:NOTE TO ALL - muscle cramps have much more to do with fluid and electrolyte balance than with coaching/conditioning!! That's why "cramping" tends to be a problem during games in hot weather when players are sweating more profusely. !!!
note to YOU -
"that's why "cramping" tends to be a problem during games in hot weather when players are sweating more profusely".

balonie...i suppose the other team was playing on the side of the line where it was air conditioned. from what i've read it was only ONE team doing all the cramping on the same field.
your arguements are invalid.

i'd say they weren't in condition to handle the heat and sweating.
Last edited by KVDW on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

KVDW wrote:
tl985 wrote:I say the Tigers roll. Don't be surprised to see the 3rd string in the 3rd quarter.

Ironton - 56
wheelersburg - 6

I honestly think this Tiger team would beat most College Division III teams.
wow!! you and tigerman must be related to yoretigerbait. :lol: :lol: :lol:
On any given night on any given day anything can happen- there is not a team on our schedule that is going to hang 50 on us, i guess that is why we play the game- i have seen this situation many times before being so confident and what is gets you- ;-) GO BURG

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Exercise Associated Muscle Cramps (EAMC)

..... most athletes with cramping suffer from Exercise-Associated Muscle Cramping (EAMC). EAMC is defined as a "painful, spasmodic, involuntary contraction of skeletal muscle that occurs during or immediately after muscular exercise.”

What causes exercise associated muscle cramps?
Early observations have led to the belief that cramps in athletes are caused by shortages of electrolytes (sodium, chloride, and magnesium), dehydration, or heat. Despite a lack of scientific support for these theories the term “heat cramps,” which was first used in 1935, is still in use today. However, there is increasing evidence that EAMC is caused by muscle fatigue which results in a disturbance in the normal control of the nerves that cause muscle contraction. A number of researchers who have reviewed the medical literature now conclude that this “altered neuromuscular control” mechanism is probably responsible for the majority of EAMC in athletes 21-23. As with other forms of cramping, a small proportion of EAMC may also be as a result of underlying medical disease or drugs 21;23.

In this analysis, evidence that commonly proposed risk factors such as dehydration, disturbances in blood electrolyte concentrations, and the more recently proposed risk factor of “salty sweating” (increased sweat sodium concentration) 24-27 were also analyzed. It was concluded that there is strong evidence that these risk factors are not associated with EAMC 21.

How is the diagnosis of exercise associated muscle cramps made?
The clinical features of EAMC are skeletal muscle fatigue followed by twitching of the muscle (“cramp prone state”). A typical history of an athlete presenting with acute EAMC will include the following features 21:

· EAMC is more common when intense prolonged exercise is performed.

· EAMC is more common when exercise is performed in a competitive environment.

· EAMC is more common in athletes that are not well conditioned for the event.

· Hot and humid environmental conditions predispose to EAMC by causing premature fatigue.

·

· In the majority of cases, muscle cramping is confined to muscle groups that are very active during the athletic event; most commonly these are the calf muscle groups, hamstring muscles, and the quadriceps muscles.

In particular, most athletes with acute cramping are not dehydrated or do not have an excessively high body temperature.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

This all coming from fans who dont even support their team in the picks contest. Come on neutron. You need to forget the cramps issue and start backing these kids at Burg. They have worked hard.

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

GO BURG!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

KVDW wrote:
caglewis wrote:NOTE TO ALL - muscle cramps have much more to do with fluid and electrolyte balance than with coaching/conditioning!! That's why "cramping" tends to be a problem during games in hot weather when players are sweating more profusely. !!!
note to YOU -
"that's why "cramping" tends to be a problem during games in hot weather when players are sweating more profusely".

balonie...i suppose the other team was playing on the side of the line where it was air conditioned. from what i've read it was only ONE team doing all the cramping on the same field.
your arguements are invalid.

i'd say they weren't in condition to handle the heat and sweating.
Or maybe they were behind and had to stop the clock.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

sinker wrote:GO BURG!!!
Thats the spirit!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Last edited by Neutron Man on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Will the jugs be there friday?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Nothing like high school football,Snuffy Smith and the Pirate fans shakin their jugs!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

ItownHosscat wrote:Nothing like high school football,Snuffy Smith and the Pirate fans shakin their jugs!
Yes sir!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Good luck Ironton! Can you imagine this? Your coach tells you "Now son, go out there and pretend to cramp, that's the only way we can beat this team!"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Quit buying into the mania!! It was what it was..cramps. Get over it. Ridiculous postings! Anyway, I think Ironton is going to come out on top this time. Ironton 35-Burg 14

Lloyd Xmas
Waterboy

Post by Lloyd Xmas »

sinker wrote:GO BURG!!!
Say it ain't so Sinker. I know you didn't learn that on Vesuvious Street

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

[quote="Tiger Man"]I will start the evening with a pizza from Freds. I will then go to the game and look up some friends (Dave, Rick, Dave, & few more) on the Burg side and tell them just how bad the TIGERS are going to kick the crap out of them. They will not agree of course. I will then settle into my seat and wipe the sweat off the entire game. I will be smiling though as my Fighting TIGERS dominate the game. I will then try to telephone my Burg friends to discuss the game but of course they will not answer for me.

Life will be good as the Fighting TIGERS get a good win to start their un-defeated season.

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!!!

HIT SOMEBODY![/quote
As a Tiger fan myself I will also be at the ballgame. But lets try not to already picture are self playing in the playoffs yet. We never know who will go into this game wanting it more. It does not matter who is better in this game. Both teams go into this one and look for the win. It really depends on who wants it more. Dont get me wrong Tiger Man I want a undefeated season also. Eat a slice of pizza for me.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

playa_44 wrote:Good luck Ironton! Can you imagine this? Your coach tells you "Now son, go out there and pretend to cramp, that's the only way we can beat this team!"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Quit buying into the mania!! It was what it was..cramps. Get over it. Ridiculous postings! Anyway, I think Ironton is going to come out on top this time. Ironton 35-Burg 14
I think it was more like this playa_44...."If you guys get a cramp, make sure you run to the edge of the field, stop, and drop! So we can stop the clock and slow their momentum!" ROFL!!!!!!!! but like everybody says....that was a couple years ago and i dont think the tigers will have to to that this year? I think if they are going to beat the PIRATES, they are going to have to keep the BURG Offense off the field!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Da_Burg wrote:
playa_44 wrote:Good luck Ironton! Can you imagine this? Your coach tells you "Now son, go out there and pretend to cramp, that's the only way we can beat this team!"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Quit buying into the mania!! It was what it was..cramps. Get over it. Ridiculous postings! Anyway, I think Ironton is going to come out on top this time. Ironton 35-Burg 14
I think it was more like this playa_44...."If you guys get a cramp, make sure you run to the edge of the field, stop, and drop! So we can stop the clock and slow their momentum!" ROFL!!!!!!!! but like everybody says....that was a couple years ago and i dont think the tigers will have to to that this year? I think if they are going to beat the PIRATES, they are going to have to keep the BURG Offense off the field!
Part of the issue with cramps maybe the place where the visiting teams dress in at Wheelersburg. The dressing room is right next to the concession stands and a small grade school team could not dress in it. When it is hot the visiting teams have their players stand outside the dressing room to get air because the temperature in the dressing room.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Ill take Ironton 24-7, I don't really know I know Burg lost a great class and I know Ironton has a lot return, but still you can't blowout the Burg, especially at home

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

GO BURG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironton is going to be very good this year, They will make another run in the playoffs. I heard the Burg lost a lot to graduation, but the Burg doesn't rebuild they reload! I'm picking the Burg in a week 1 upset.

Da Burg-34
Tigers-32

Return to “Football”