Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigOrangeOne wrote:Poor little fellas. :( :-D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------you'll think poor lil fella's when they land in your lap, and your division and region, and you might have to play them twice a year.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

This is just my personal opinion.
Ironton's offense this year has potential to be something VERY special. From that huge offensive line to all the speed and power in the backfield. Tres Wilkes is just phenomenal. I personally feel that we need to find some way to get the ball into Mike Lawless' hands. HE picked one off last week against Coal Grove and took it back....he has ridiculous speed (note I'm not talking about the interception, but about his playmaking ability).

The defense was a little suspect, In my opinion, giving up three scores to a Coal Grove team is not very good (not intended to be a knock on Coal Grove), but we are going to face much more explosive offenses than them, starting this week. Played a little golf last Sunday with the starting quarterback and he like our chances on the season, so i have to go with the source.

Ironton 28
Wheelersburg 24

Go Tigers!!!
And I can't wait to see all my tail-gaiters up there and mingle with all the guys I used to play with and against. Here's to a competitive, injury free game for both!

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

tl985 wrote:I still stand by my prediction 56-6. I'm giving the Burg 6 points since it's their officials. If it was at the Tank I would say 56-0.
I'm an Ironton fan and I will raise the stakes of that bet to $200. That post is what gives a lot of us a bad name. That is just plainly ignorant.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

TigerTownKid wrote:
tl985 wrote:I still stand by my prediction 56-6. I'm giving the Burg 6 points since it's their officials. If it was at the Tank I would say 56-0.
I'm an Ironton fan and I will raise the stakes of that bet to $200. That post is what gives a lot of us a bad name. That is just plainly ignorant.
Actually, if Im not mistaken, the same officiating crew now works this game regardless of whether it is at Burg or at Ironton.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tiger Man wrote:BOO; when you brake it down like that I dont feel as good. I dont want to know the facts, I will stay in my fantasy world where the TIGERS go un-defeated and win the state championship. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you will have some company there,thats what KantuckyII, has been telling everyone all winter. :mrgreen:

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

One things for sure; There's going to be some Ironton fans getting FOUNDERED on CROW if Burg pulls this one off. I don't see a Blow Out though. With most of Burgs line back and I think Seniors at that. Have to pull for a Home Town team in this one. Go Burg!!!!!

Know a few kids on both teams so good luck to both, and hope the injury Bug doesn't get anyone.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Tigerman- you know from the text messages that we have sent back and forth- that the Burg is going to bring home the "W".- GO BURG- Play with heart and determination boys, listen to your coaches and not to the posters and we will be fine. ;-)

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

sider_zone wrote:One things for sure; There's going to be some Ironton fans getting FOUNDERED on CROW if Burg pulls this one off. I don't see a Blow Out though. With most of Burgs line back and I think Seniors at that. Have to pull for a Home Town team in this one. Go Burg!!!!!

Know a few kids on both teams so good luck to both, and hope the injury Bug doesn't get anyone.
Yea baby now thats what I am talking! about a sider backing the burg- like it- GO BURG ;-)

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

he'd be crazy not to. When West beats Burg at the end of the year, they will get more playoff points. Ironton is not on West's schedule.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

85inside wrote:he'd be crazy not to. When West beats Burg at the end of the year, they will get more playoff points. Ironton is not on West's schedule.
Ouch- Scioto County has to stick together= it would be rough for all those lawerence county boys to eat crow if the Burg wins this one.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:thats funny clbbig. have you ever visited ironton football.com. you'd see how many times we've been past week 12. and how many championship games we've been in , i'm not talking league championship games. i'm talking state title games. not talking s#%%$ either. we have the winningest coach in the state of ohio , and in like the top 20 in the nation. we have won more playoff games , than probably 75% of the state has even been to playoff games. i know you're trying to be cute. but know the facts , then get back with me. this football season is gonna be alot different for me, i'll not be drawn into these mindless stupid arguments like before. and i love all the local teams and wish them all great success, except for the week, they play my fighting tigers. but nothing is more important right now, not all the history, hype, and playoff records, none of it is as important as taking one play, one series, and one game at a time. so nothing is more important right now than the wheelersburg pirates.ytb.
Ironton has won more playoff games than all but a few other teams...
Newark Catholic 62
Cleveland St. Ignatius 56
Youngstown Mooney 49
Columbus DeSales 47
Steubenville 45
Versailles 43
Mogadore 43
St. Henry 41
IRONTON 40

That's 9th best among well over 700 schools that are playing, or have played football 1972 thru 2009; and I think 10 of those wins are final 4 wins.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Since its officially Thursday I can say....1 more day!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

It'll take 4 touchdowns to win this one. Extra points and turnovers will be the deciding factors.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Shank will have to run for over 100 and Burg will have to throw for another 100 on top of a few key special team plays and a costly Ironton turnover deep in their own territory late in the game....but it can be done!

I think the returning starters for Burg have a chip on their shoulder from the way their last game ended....

But I still think Ironton will come out on top by multiple scores. They are going to have a good defense and alot of offense for Burg to keep up with.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:thats funny clbbig. have you ever visited ironton football.com. you'd see how many times we've been past week 12. and how many championship games we've been in , i'm not talking league championship games. i'm talking state title games. not talking s#%%$ either. we have the winningest coach in the state of ohio , and in like the top 20 in the nation. we have won more playoff games , than probably 75% of the state has even been to playoff games. i know you're trying to be cute. but know the facts , then get back with me. this football season is gonna be alot different for me, i'll not be drawn into these mindless stupid arguments like before. and i love all the local teams and wish them all great success, except for the week, they play my fighting tigers. but nothing is more important right now, not all the history, hype, and playoff records, none of it is as important as taking one play, one series, and one game at a time. so nothing is more important right now than the wheelersburg pirates.ytb.
Newark Catholic 62
Youngstown Mooney 49
Columbus DeSales 47
Steubenville 45
Versailles 43
Mogadore 43
St. Henry 41
IRONTON 40

That's 9th best among well over 700 schools that are playing, or have played football 1972 thru 2009; and I think 10 of those wins are final 4 wins.

&...where did you get that little tid bit of info from Gray Fighting Tiger? ;-)

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

ARRANTUN 24-7

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kantuckyII wrote:
Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:
Newark Catholic 62
Youngstown Mooney 49
Columbus DeSales 47
Steubenville 45
Versailles 43
Mogadore 43
St. Henry 41
IRONTON 40

&...where did you get that little tid bit of info from Gray Fighting Tiger? ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HE GOT IT FROM IRONTON FOOTBALL DOT COM, AND NOTICE THE RATIO OF PRIVATE SCHOOLS TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS HERE, WHICH MAKES THE NUMBERS TWICE AS AMAZING.

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

No doubt ironton was historically one of the best alltime teams in the state of ohio. I was just saying that they have not gotten out of the region since 1999 and I dont think they can compete on a state level with the like of coldwater, university of dayton kettering campus and schools like that when they dont throw the ball. I was at the New lexington playoff game a couple of yrs ago and was shocked at the outcome. New Lex was very good that yr but I didnt think they would win by that much. the Ironton teams of the 80s and 90s would have blown them out of the water.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

The New Lex Game Ironton turned the ball over to many times, and also there was two dropped TD passes.
Ironton also have been into multiple Regional Final games in the past 10 years and lost in Overtime. Obviously that means they havent made it out of the region but we still easily compete for a state birth every year.

ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FIGHTING TIGERS

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

TGDF!!! You coming in for this one?!

Return to “Football”