Week 2 Portsmouth (1-0) at West (1-0)

Who wins??

Total votes: 0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 2 Portsmouth (1-0) at West (1-0)

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm going with Portsmouth!

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

West by at least 2 scores or more....that is all i am sayin about it!!!

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I voted for Portsmouth, mostly because I don't know much about West...
This should be a good one... Good luck to both teams....

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Its a little early, but I'll jump in here. West is depending on a strong run game. Trojans are more wide open and have the skill players to do it. Plus, the team who has a great athlete at QB is more difficult to defend, especially if he both runs & throws.The opening games are always a measuring stick, so that your progress in the second game is quite visible or lack thereof.

I'll be picking Portsmouth this week. They had the greater challenge with Wilmington in the opener. I expect they'll be improved on D and have a chance to do more on O with a game under their belt. While it should be a competitve game, I'll go with the better skill players and a more diverse O. I would not be surprised to see the West game shut down. When you are one dimensional, its easier to do.

Trojans for the win.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth at west

Post by sider_zone »

trojanofthepast wrote:
sportsfan43 wrote:West players at the game last night, saying west by 40 + and Tripp was agreeing with em :oops:
WOW!

That's a strong statement and a big prediction from those players and coach. West has a very good football team, but I will remind everyone after the S.Point game last year. Everyone had tons of negative stuff to say heading into the West game about the Trojans. This will be a very good game but to have players and coaches predicting a 40 pt win is ridiculous. I keep hearing how much stronger,faster,deeper,etc... this West team is this year and that may be true. But, It's almost like everyone thinks the Trojans just hung out in the off season and didn't work on anything. I guess we're weaker,slower,and have no good players this year. So I guess that's where the 40 pt prediction comes from maybe we should forfeit the game now.
And miss all this Fun!!!!!!!!!! This is what High School Rivalry is all about. Sounds like your Getting a little worried. Your not Breaking under the Pressure are Ya!!!!!!!!! Lets get these communities Excited!!!!!!!!! Only Five More Days.

sadie74
Waterboy

Post by sadie74 »

would like to see this one moved to saturday

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

trojanofthepast wrote:MATCH UP LAST 10 YEARS;
2000 - Trojans ? West ? (I know the Trojans won but don't know the score)
2001 - Trojans ? West ? (both teams were 9-1 don't have a score)
2002 - Trojans 27 West 18 (Playoffs - Trojans 18 West 34)
2003 - Trojans 07 West 03
2004 - Trojans 40 West 06
2005 - Trojans 32 West 35
2006 - Trojans 20 West 21
2007 - Trojans 49 West 00
2008 - Trojans 00 West 34
2009 - Trojans 21 West 20
trojanofthepast You just don't get it do you.With Rivalries like West, Portsmouth, Falcons and Burg you Throw the Stats and Records out the Window. It's all about any Given Team on any Given Day!!!!!! Those Stats and Scores have nothing to do with this Year. Help me out here Posters.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Each and every season listed above.Every year was a predicted West victory by the Sider fans and a predicted Trojan victory by the Trojan fans.Every year the two teams played hard and the game was won or lost on the field. So let the crazyness on this board begin, but in the end the team that plays harder and forces the most mistakes will take home the win. I of course will pick the Trojans by two scores
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

im going with the trojans in this one!! going to be a very close game like everyone is saying but when it comes down to the wire (which odds are that it will) i believe that portsmouth will pull out the win NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! All i can say is the trojans better come out of the gates prepared and mentally focused (which im sure that coach clifford is going to take care of that part), or the will get a rude awakening!!!

score 28-26

Anyone have the weather forcast for this Friday night??

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

sider_zone wrote:
trojanofthepast wrote:MATCH UP LAST 10 YEARS;
2000 - Trojans ? West ? (I know the Trojans won but don't know the score)
2001 - Trojans ? West ? (both teams were 9-1 don't have a score)
2002 - Trojans 27 West 18 (Playoffs - Trojans 18 West 34)
2003 - Trojans 07 West 03
2004 - Trojans 40 West 06
2005 - Trojans 32 West 35
2006 - Trojans 20 West 21
2007 - Trojans 49 West 00
2008 - Trojans 00 West 34
2009 - Trojans 21 West 20
trojanofthepast You just don't get it do you.With Rivalries like West, Portsmouth, Falcons and Burg you Throw the Stats and Records out the Window. It's all about any Given Team on any Given Day!!!!!! Those Stats and Scores have nothing to do with this Year. Help me out here Posters.
Sider_zone;
since obviously you don't comprehend the post, my point was this game is always close for the most part. There was no point of dominance, merely to say I don't think West will win by 40 like some have said. I not only understand rivalries, but have played in this rivalry myself so I don't need you to explain it to me. Understand the post before you make ridiculous rebuttals, I said I don't make prediction on scores. And the game will come down to the last drive, I hope I've slowed it down enough for you.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

great post TOTP I don't think sider_zone gets it my prediction is 21-13 portsmouth. west does not have an answer for the trojans passing game. i look for royster,simpson,and evans to have a big game against a solid west team.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

siderman wrote:Portsmouth has very good receivers and yes they burned us last year. We have a completely different secondary from last year and from what I can tell, we look alot better.
West may have up graded their secondary but portsmouth has the best receiving corp in the area. This will open up the run, I hope we throw a pass in the second half this year and not try to wind the clock down. The first half last year they couldn't defend Myers to Simpson, yet we didn't try one pass the second half. Trojans win this on by a score 28-20

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Dont know much about either team. But i do know west has a helluva RB that portsmouth may not be able to contain im taking west by 10.

River Creature
Waterboy

Post by River Creature »

Trojans by 1-2 scores. a over confident sounding group from West will bring them down

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I still think Portsmouth can contend for the SEOAL this year, but I came away from the Wilmington game thinking that Portsmouth doesnt have the offense I thought they had. I do however think that Wilmington is a better team that everyone on here is giving them credit for. DII is still DII.

I think the advantage goes to West in this matchup, and West may win by multiple scores. I think Portsmouth will have a tough time stopping the run and they may have a tough time moving the ball against West unless they can productively put the ball in the air more than they did against Wilmington.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I believe there is a good chance that this is game 1 of 2 this year. Both teams will probably make the playoffs. Could be 2002 all- over again.

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that this game is at West on grass. That will negate alot of the portsmouth speed. They are a turf team.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

siderman wrote:I believe there is a good chance that this is game 1 of 2 this year. Both teams will probably make the playoffs. Could be 2002 all- over again.

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that this game is at West on grass. That will negate alot of the portsmouth speed. They are a turf team.
You may be right, I think both teams will make the playoffs this year. This is a must win for West to make it, but not for Portsmouth. The Trojans schedule will only take 7 wins to get in and 8 for a home playoff game. Where as West will need 8 to have a chance and 9 for a home playoff game.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

FOURTYTWOISO wrote:
siderman wrote:I believe there is a good chance that this is game 1 of 2 this year. Both teams will probably make the playoffs. Could be 2002 all- over again.

You may be right, I think both teams will make the playoffs this year. This is a must win for West to make it, but not for Portsmouth. The Trojans schedule will only take 7 wins to get in and 8 for a home playoff game. Where as West will need 8 to have a chance and 9 for a home playoff game.
I think with the schedule the Trojans have they could possibly make it in with 6 wins. If those 6 wins are against the right teams. One of those teams they already beat the other 5 are all possible. I think West will need to win at least 8 if not 9 wins to get in with their schedule. This is a must win for West if they lose they might have to run the table to get another chance.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

West will win

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

West by a touchdown.

Return to “Football”