Re: IRONTON 12 VS Wheelersburg 7 - FINAL

Post by kantuckyII »

Thanks Neutron Man, needed it for Ironton Football Dot Com's Blog Game Report

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: IRONTON VS WHELERSBURG - UPDATES

Post by BigCarlito72 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
BigCarlito72 wrote:Blowout or close football as we know is a game of inches and whether ya win by an inch or a mile it is a win! Ironton improves to 15-5 all time against Burg, Beats Wheelersburg on its home turf, starts the season 1-0 and has a lot of work to do if they want to reach their goals this season. I was one of the so called idiots who predicted a blowout but as we all know Ironton v. Burg is always a battle and Ironton usually wins. Not much has changed huh? ....And scioto county goes silent!!!! :aaaaa18 :aaaaa1 :lol: :lol: :122245 8) GO TIGERS GO!!!
WOW!!!!! you really are an idiot!!!! it wouldnt matter if ironton was 20-0 all time against the burg! Burg has a very proud tradition and would come readdy to play any day of the week! and as for scioto co. being silent........ never. no1 could ever take the pride that the scioto co. fans have for their teams!
DEFEAT IS A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW.....HEY BURG...SSSHHHHH!!!! :aaaaa24 :aaaaa63

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

BigCarlito72 wrote: DEFEAT IS A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW.....HEY BURG...SSSHHHHH!!!! :aaaaa24 :aaaaa63
you DO know you're gonna get every one of these kinds of posts right back in your face when Ironton loses don't cha ??

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

KVDW wrote:
BigCarlito72 wrote: DEFEAT IS A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW.....HEY BURG...SSSHHHHH!!!! :aaaaa24 :aaaaa63
you DO know you're gonna get every one of these kinds of posts right back in your face when Ironton loses don't cha ??

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18
"WHEN"!!!! GO TIGERS! :-D :-D :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BigCarlito72 wrote:
KVDW wrote:

"WHEN"!!!! GO TIGERS! :-D :-D :lol: :lol:

Sooner and more often than you think big boy. IRonton could not move the ball against a Burg defense that had maybe 3 starters back from last year. They had 5 first downs for the game and only crossed the 50 twice(not counting the two long runs). If ironton doesn't improve on tackling and blocking, it could be a longer year than you expected.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

If at least 8 regular season wins and a playoff appearance is a long year, then I agree with the previous post.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Maybe Burg fans should worry about a long year "big boy", ecspecially starting out 0-1, but I think they beat Oak Hill though.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

What the hell is all this "not counting long runs" crap? Did they invent that in wheelersburg to soften the blow of defeat or what? Do you guys need an asterick? I have never heard such crap. On the other thread they said runs of a certain length should not count in the stat books and all, lol...where do they get it from anyway?

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Yep Logan is all they got, but unless Logan fans have a real short memory I am sure they can tell you a whole lot about big runs when playing Ironton. Sucked having those slow boys out there when they were chasing guys like Conwell around huh? Wonder if they remember? I do just as I remember them doing the same to us recently. However it seems a series between these two great programs looms and ya know momentum eventually swings both ways so i am sure they will get use to it again. Besides I figured Logan would still be thinking about Lancaster and getting spanked anytime they play a team even an inch north of them.Seriously though where in the world does this notion that long runs should not be considered in final stat marks come from? I have never heard such a thing?

Return to “Football”