Wheelersburg facilities

KVDW
SE

Re: Wheelersburg facilities

Post by KVDW »

ItownHosscat wrote: My favorite quote was the punk griping about Irontons cramps the someone from the Burg started cramping up.Course he never said a word then lol.
maybe that's because they're not famous for it.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i have a steel knee and a broken back, .....
i've been reading about your broken back for a loooong time. don't those things heal at some point?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I hope there is a change in the stadium seating but I like the stadium area myself. Cant get rid of Ed Miller Stadium! Anywho, I have not seen a crowd that big in a long time. Sheriffs did a good job. I was parked by the high school garage and went down Gliem road to old galia, then onto 52 in about 25 mins. Most of that time was walking to my car. I will accept it for a game like that!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

BTW, alot of Portsmouth fans at the game! I talked to a few on the way to the stadium. They thought the same as seops that Ironton would rule. They squeeked one out tonite on their turf! GO BURG!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

great game and atmosphere. parking is a problem everywhere. my suggestion is a little better strategy. may seem great you parked close to the gate, but that means your the last one out. if you thought it sucked getting out think how bad it would have been if ironton would have lost. no high school can handle that kind of crowd. great start to the season.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

KVDW wrote:
i've been reading about your broken back for a loooong time. don't those things heal at some point?[/quote

You must be young cause when you get old things never heal and you just put up with the pain. When the pain gets unbearable you will have surgery. Maybe this is the case with Tigerbait. :)

It helps that when you live in an area you know all the side streets to get out of an area too.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

parking heck what about the actual field??? it was in horrible shape for the first game fire the groundskeeper :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

tl895 wrote:parking heck what about the actual field??? it was in horrible shape for the first game fire the groundskeeper :lol:
Don't complain, It was good enough for you guys to beat us on wasn't it?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I agree, something does need to be done about not really the parking, it is a huge area to park now, but just with the way it is handled on getting out. The bad thing is there is only one way in and out, so it all gets jammed up in the lot.

IMO, the deputy needs to be up in the lot and alternating between the two main rows that lead out of the lot, not down on the road where all he is doing is waving people one way or the other and the majority always turn and go down the hill and that is where it gets jammed up.

Also have to agree with tl895 about the field. Probably the worst I have ever seen it look for the opening game, but then maybe it was left to look that way for a reason. I know Burg has been wanting the turf for a few years now and maybe this is sending a message

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I hate going to Wheelersburg. I had my elderly mother with me so I had to park in the handicap area and it took us about an hour and a half to get out of there. If someone down in that area would have needed help it would have been too bad, because no one was getting in or out and there's only one way in or out.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Neutron Man wrote:
tl895 wrote:parking heck what about the actual field??? it was in horrible shape for the first game fire the groundskeeper :lol:
Don't complain, It was good enough for you guys to beat us on wasn't it?

My nomination for post of the year! :roll:

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

demaniac1 wrote:BTW, alot of Portsmouth fans at the game! I talked to a few on the way to the stadium. They thought the same as seops that Ironton would rule. They squeeked one out tonite on their turf! GO BURG!
This Portsmouth fan and alot of my buddies and players were at the game...we didn't think the Tigers would rule....we would've preferred the Scioto County team win instead of the enemy from up the river :122245 :122245

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I agree, something does need to be done about not really the parking, it is a huge area to park now, but just with the way it is handled on getting out. The bad thing is there is only one way in and out, so it all gets jammed up in the lot.

IMO, the deputy needs to be up in the lot and alternating between the two main rows that lead out of the lot, not down on the road where all he is doing is waving people one way or the other and the majority always turn and go down the hill and that is where it gets jammed up.

Also have to agree with tl895 about the field. Probably the worst I have ever seen it look for the opening game, but then maybe it was left to look that way for a reason. I know Burg has been wanting the turf for a few years now and maybe this is sending a message
Now just imagine playing there in the last few games of the season. I think they paint the dirt green, then paint the green dirt the normal way. :lol:

Maybe if turf is really out of the question as far as money, they need to look at how much it would cost to excavate the dirt out and put in a good drainage system and all new soil and sod, I'm sure it would be significantly less.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

osumufan wrote:
KVDW wrote:
i've been reading about your broken back for a loooong time. don't those things heal at some point?[/quote

You must be young cause when you get old things never heal and you just put up with the pain. When the pain gets unbearable you will have surgery. Maybe this is the case with Tigerbait. :)

It helps that when you live in an area you know all the side streets to get out of an area too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i'm not asking for any sympathy. i clearly stated i made the mistake of not parking up front and walking toward the stadium. but i have had 14 surgeries, 4 of which were acl reconstructions, another to put in a steel knee. and as far as the broken back, holla at me , after you have a 22 pound block fall 77 feet, at armco steel and land on the top of your hardhat. that is if you survive. my back is full of compression fractures. nothing can be done for it, i've tryed to get a surgery done. they would not even consider it , unless i was having neurological damage, loss of feeling, that type thing. and i'm no spring chicken either, i'll be 50 next month. some will make jokes of this, which bothers me not. i got big shoulders.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gahs4ever wrote:
There were as many Burg fans on the Visitors side as there were on the home.
Ive noticed the same thing at Ironton. As many Tiger fans on the visitors side............................
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------thats because there is a ton of seating at the tank , thats the overflow. besides there are always plenty of good seats when the blue devils come to town over there. :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

Return to “Football”