Week 2: Newark Catholic (1-0) @ Nelsonville-York (1-0)

Who wins??

Total votes: 0

tomcatdad
JV Team

Re: Week 2: Newark Catholic (1-0) @ Nelsonville-York (1-0)

Post by tomcatdad »

GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES FROM TOMCAT LAND!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tomcatdad wrote:GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES FROM TOMCAT LAND!!!!!
Good luck to the Tomcats Friday!! I hope you guys take Wahama out to the woodshed!

We need ya!! 9-1 CATS!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orange and Brown wrote:
tomcatdad wrote:GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES FROM TOMCAT LAND!!!!!
Good luck to the Tomcats Friday!! I hope you guys take Wahama out to the woodshed!

We need ya!! 9-1 CATS!
That's true, you'll both need all the help you can get before the end of this year. (Most likely before the first half of the season is over). ;-)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

See you all tonight, gotta get some shut eye now.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Game Day Buckeyes Let's Go Get It Done Tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

nerkfan wrote:I'm going to the game down Rt 33 through are there any good eateries in Logan or Nelsonville anyone would recomend.
Jack's is excellent for a sit down type meal as is the coffee cup. Mllstone BBQ off of 664 in Logan is also good food. My pick in the Logan area will always be The Pizza Crossing, maybe the best pizza anywhere also good subs, salads. I'd try to eat near Logan if I were you as outside the Coffee Cup and Mcdonalds/Taco Bell Nelsonville doesn't have much to offer food wise.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Good Luck Buckeyes

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

PLAY HARD AND STAY FOCUSED!!!! GET IT DONE UP FRONT AND WE WILL BE JUST FINE!!!! GOOD LUCK

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES!!!!

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Good Luck from Tomcat Land. If you play with the intensity and emotion you all played with last week I predict a win for the buckeyes.
Good luck and stay injury free. GO TVC

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
nerkfan wrote:I'm going to the game down Rt 33 through are there any good eateries in Logan or Nelsonville anyone would recomend.
Jack's is excellent for a sit down type meal as is the coffee cup. Mllstone BBQ off of 664 in Logan is also good food. My pick in the Logan area will always be The Pizza Crossing, maybe the best pizza anywhere also good subs, salads. I'd try to eat near Logan if I were you as outside the Coffee Cup and Mcdonalds/Taco Bell Nelsonville doesn't have much to offer food wise.
Don't listen to him Nerkfan.. The Coffee Cup is great! It's all you need! You bring your money to Nelsonville, Logan has enough. We will gladly except your money and make sure your belly is full. :-)
Have a safe trip tonight.

Quit trying to send people to Logan A-Town! :lol: :( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/l ... 002e0.html
Green Wave set to crash into Boston Field
Posted: Friday, September 3, 2010 2:35 am

By JASON ARKLEY Messenger staff writer | 0 comments

Coming off a win over its closest rival, Nelsonville-York takes on perhaps the most well-known program in the entire state — certainly when it comes to small-school football — tonight.

Instead of a backyard brawl, tonight the Buckeyes play in a glamour match-up. Nelsonville-York takes on Newark Catholic, at Boston Field in Nelsonville, starting at 7:30 p.m.

Yes, that Newark Catholic. The same Green Wave that is famous across Ohio for its 30 playoff appearances and eight state titles — second-most in Ohio High School Athletic Association history.

The Buckeyes won’t be awed, said head coach Dave Boston Jr. Nelsonville-York has assumed the mantle as the best football program in the entirety of the Tri-Valley Conference and is eager to show what it can do.

“We view ourselves as a very comparable program,” Boston said. “Now they have a tradition that doesn’t take a backseat to anybody. But we’ve been able to build a lot of tradition ourselves.

“There is an expectation for how things should be done and what we want to accomplish every season.”

Expect the Buckeyes (1-0) and Newark Catholic (1-0) to go about things in the same way — with defense and a penchant for running the football.

Nelsonville-York showed off its next tailback in a season-opening win over Trimble as Dustin Young passed the 200-yard mark. The Green Waves showcased their next feature back last Friday in a 27-14 win over Harvest Prep. Britt Wilder racked up 209 yards and four touchdowns on 30 carries in the victory for the Green Wave.

Newark Catholic, with five senior starters on the offensive line, will be tough to budge on the line of scrimmage. So will the Buckeyes. Something has to give.

“They’ve always been a run-first team, and then throw it if you have to,” Boston said. “We’re a lot alike in that way.

“We have a similar style. It’s going to be a heck of a game in the trenches.”

Win or lose, it’s a milestone game for the Buckeyes. They’ll get an idea of just how good they may be this season, and have a shot to pin a loss on one of the most storied program’s in the state.

“It’s great to be in these types of big games with well-known programs,” Boston said. “They’re all important games, but there’s a little extra when you get a game like this.”

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I'm fired up for this one!!!!!!!!!

GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Go Buckeyes! Earn a victory tonight.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:
A-Town Big Dog wrote:
Don't listen to him Nerkfan.. The Coffee Cup is great! It's all you need! You bring your money to Nelsonville, Logan has enough. We will gladly except your money and make sure your belly is full. :-)
Have a safe trip tonight.

Quit trying to send people to Logan A-Town! :lol: :( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Logan L J's best home cooking you will get! Even better than the home cooking during the game! L J's is at the intersection of ST 328 and 33 make a left and look to the right after crossing the overpass! Enjoy!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Almost game time!!! GO GET'EM BUCKS!!!!!!!

GET SOME!

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

3-0 NY

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

Halftime

NY - 9
NC - 0

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Sounds like a great game! Keep it up Bucks!!!

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

3 minutes left in the 3rd

NY - 9
NC - 7

Return to “Football”