Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

sports junkie wrote:Oak Hill looks be as good as predicted, and the Burg might not be quiet as good as usual, but they are still the Burg and will be intimidated at all. Oak Hill better come with there A game or it will be long night. Wheelersburg is used to playing in big games, and that does matter.

The Burg held Ironton, which many of Ironton's faithful have said is their best team in a long time, to 12 points so I think you will get an argument about whether or not they aren't "as good as usual".

If the Pirates can withstand the aerial assault I'm sure the Oaks will try to use then they will be fine. I can't see Oak Hills defense being stronger than Irontons and the Burg running backs both had good nights rushing the ball against the Tigers and I see no reason why they won't come Friday.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

The Oaks are in for a long night
Burg by a bunch
It might even get ugly late

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Word to the wise (or to Burg)- dont leave the balance of the game into the final minutes. If you do, prepare to watch your belly full of home cookin.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

There is a reason Oak Hill has never wanted to play the Burg....and a reason this is a one and done contract not a home/home

The Oaks will be reminded of that reason this Friday

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burgs oline is the best I have seen in ages, and Shank/Graf/Shears/Workman/Hood will get their yards. Which is good. Takes time off the clock. Wear the oaks down defensively! How many Oaks play both ways? Can the defense for burg adjust to the passing game after playing Ironton? Questions abound lol

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

BTW, the QB for Burg can pass too

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

BTW, the Burg doesnt get tired either! LOL

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SOC2!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SPAMONY wrote:There is a reason Oak Hill has never wanted to play the Burg....and a reason this is a one and done contract not a home/home

The Oaks will be reminded of that reason this Friday
the game is only a one yr deal? i was told it was 4 yrs

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cal preps:

Oak Hill 22
Wheelersburg 21

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Coop, nice!! SOC2!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Well It's two Scioto co., teams vs Jackson County teams coming off of big wins, here its Wheelersburg AT Oak Hill, and Minford AT Wellston. Interesting!

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Piketon say's burg will win it.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

This is going to be a very interesting game for me! You have the best football program in SOC II, who are rebuilding, verses a two year powerhouse!!!
I don't know how anybody can think that Oak Hill can beat The Burg!!! This is one of the biggest football games Oak Hill has ever played, and they can't understand what they are getting themselves into!!! The Burg plays these games every week, and they will feel No Pressure this week. They just played IRONTON man, who is Oak Hill!!!
Oak Hill had their best year ever, last year, but they have never had the pressure they will get dumped on them Friday!! You not only have to beat the 11 men on the field, you have to beat the 40 years of Tradition behind them!!!!
I am a Minford fan, and love my Falcons. I love it when we line up across The Burg, it's a feeling you can't get just anywhere. But it's something we, at Minford face every year, and love it. But that don't mean we can always handle it!!! It will be something this Oak Hill team has never seen, or felt. They will either bow down to it, or it will make them stronger than they have ever been!!
I think this will either be one of the best games of the year, or just another WIN for The Burg.
Best of Luck to Both teams!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:This is going to be a very interesting game for me! You have the best football program in SOC II, who are rebuilding, verses a two year powerhouse!!!
I don't know how anybody can think that Oak Hill can beat The Burg!!! This is one of the biggest football games Oak Hill has ever played, and they can't understand what they are getting themselves into!!! The Burg plays these games every week, and they will feel No Pressure this week. They just played IRONTON man, who is Oak Hill!!!
Oak Hill had their best year ever, last year, but they have never had the pressure they will get dumped on them Friday!! You not only have to beat the 11 men on the field, you have to beat the 40 years of Tradition behind them!!!!
I am a Minford fan, and love my Falcons. I love it when we line up across The Burg, it's a feeling you can't get just anywhere. But it's something we, at Minford face every year, and love it. But that don't mean we can always handle it!!! It will be something this Oak Hill team has never seen, or felt. They will either bow down to it, or it will make them stronger than they have ever been!!
I think this will either be one of the best games of the year, or just another WIN for The Burg.
Best of Luck to Both teams!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

First off, thanks for someone outside of the Burg finally acknowledging that Burg is the face of the SOC II. I personally think that they are of Scioto County. Everyone wants to beat the Burg. Always have, Always will. But when I mention this, other people outside just lose their marbles.

Second. Burg in NO WAY is feeling no pressure. This game is very important. Oak Hill did have a very good season last year and if Burg doesn't prepare properly then they will probably not live it down that they lost to a SOC I school. Unless the Oaks run the table and win state. Then it doesn't look as bad. But take this down. While Burg does play games like these every year and Oaks do not. Burg feels pressure EVERY week on EVERY game. (except Northwest!) :lol:

Go Pirates!

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

It's going to be a very long night for oak hill. Burg is gonna smack them in the mouth all night long!! I'll say that burg will post some big numbers in this game and there will be some sad faces in oak hill when the burg leaves with a huge W!
Burgs D is going to be way too much for this oaks squad, their qb will be playing on his back the whole game! and their D.. well all i can say is turn around!! that flash that just went by you and is now in the end zone!!! yea thats the burg!! hahahah GO BURG!!!!!!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:It's going to be a very long night for oak hill. Burg is gonna smack them in the mouth all night long!! I'll say that burg will post some big numbers in this game and there will be some sad faces in oak hill when the burg leaves with a huge W!
Burgs D is going to be way too much for this oaks squad, their qb will be playing on his back the whole game! and their D.. well all i can say is turn around!! that flash that just went by you and is now in the end zone!!! yea thats the burg!! hahahah GO BURG!!!!!!!!
Don't know if I'd go that far.. :roll: :roll:
Burg is gonna win, but Oak Hill is still gonna give em a game.
Till about the 3rd Q. maybe start of the 4th.

But I hope you're right!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I know the burg lost a lot from last yr and I don't think they are physically as gifted or as deep as last yrs team but from what I saw against Ironton the 2010 version may be a better team than the 2009 version of the pirates. I will however wait a few games and see them play against a few different styles of offense before deciding. The D looks to be much bigger but not nearly as fast but I like that offense and I think everyone on the schedule will have a hard time stopping the running game.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Frogtownpreps has it

Burg 34
Oak Hill 22

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I have seen both Oak Hill and Ironton (scrimmage) this season. I will say this about the Burg, if they can hold a very good Ironton team to 12, then that tells me that one-they are physical and two- they will hit you in the mouth. I don't think Oak Hill will see many if any teams that will smack you in the mouth like Ironton does, and if the Burg can stand toe for toe with Ironton then I am not sure how well Oak Hill will do going agianst someone as physical as the Burg.

Oak Hill is a very good team and will win a lot of games, but I don't think after seeing both Ironton and Oak Hill that the oaks would beat Ironton if given 10 tries.

It will be interesting to see if Oak Hill can throw the football like they did on Chesapeake when they have more pressure coming at them. Chesapeake didn't get much pressure all night on Oak Hill and they just picked them apart, not to mention Chespaeke's secondary is not very good imo.

I will change my prediction to Burg 21 Oak Hill 14

Return to “Football”