Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

85inside
S

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Post by 85inside »

To address what neutron man said, I have been saying for years that The Burg is far and away the class of the SOCII. The pretty much dominate every sport in the conference. All you have to do is list every sport and the champion in each of those sports the past 15 years. The Burg has a tremendous all around sports program and that is why many kids from the surrounding area choose to transfer there.

I guess the thing that gets me a little is why the Burg fans have lost confidence in their football program. I read almost all posts on this forum last week and i attended the game last weekend. It appears to me that the Burg fans are settling for playing a good game against Ironton and just being competitive. That shouldnt be good enough for this sports program. I have even read some posters on here making excuses for Burg being a D5 school. Heck, they have had about the same amount of boys the past 20 years or so, havent they? I have even read Ironton posters make the same excuse for losing the past 5 years to Logan.

The Burg takes a back seat to noone, or at least they shouldnt. As for Oak Hill, I know they have had a couple of very talented classes come through. Maybe they are building a program out there? I don't know. I do know that the old Burg would swagger in and win this game.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

LET'S GO OAKS!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

this is because the stands r full of coaches. instead of cheering-- --they coach-- not all but a few in various spots---of course this is done after the play. drives me crazy to listen to the bull----.

oaks will be very dangerous.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

burg loses few games they are the favorite in this one is no exception

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

OAKS 34-28 OT

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Burg's OL to much for the Oaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burg- 28 Oaks-14

Mohawk06
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk06 »

lets just say maybe they have 11 starters a spare rb that plays a bunch, couple of wr? then completely different players on D? if thats the case they shouldnt lose this year either. on that note i dont believe it. wb in a big way. to whoever said wb is the face of soc2 absolutely correct and i am as far of a wb fan as you can get. as a matter of fact i wouldnt mind them loosing every game( but i do root for them when they make the playoffs). i as well as all of you no that will never happen going 0-10. as far as scioto county hard to say that because portsmouth is tough year in and year out

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

Post by Neutron Man »

fbnut wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
haha :) wrote:You can tell you all are Burg fans, have always been that way. Burg dont have a chance in this game. QB frim Oak Hill will throw all over Burg

Whats wrong with saying that Burg is gonna win?
So what? You think OH is gonna win.

HEY I CAN TELL YOU'RE AN OAK HILL FAN!!
RB'S FROM BURG ARE GONNA RUN ALL OVER OH.

See it just sounds stupid.. Grow up!
you can't win, last week ironton fans were screaming burg fans weren't supporting their team beacause a few burg fans predicted a close ironton victory.

Yeah I know... That fan you speak of was me. I chose Ironton to win. and got blasted for it. But thats ok. I'm over that, its in the past.

Burg is gonna roll here and throughout the season!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

bilco2 wrote:well i don't have a dog in this fight, so i have to go by what i seen last year from both teams. I think that oakhill will come out on top because of the return starters. the burg lost some good players, but oakhill returned 26 starters. they have the best qb of the two, and the best back field. this is just my opinion, but me and 9 other guys will probable have 10 different ones, so i will just weight till friday. good luck to both teams.
No wonder they went 10-0 if they had 26 starters..... :122245

Wheelersburg may have lost a lot of talent from the team last year, but it seems this group of kids is more about the team and winning. Less attitude and more teamwork. Several new faces on D, but they seemed to work together well against Ironton. I think they will get a little better each week. This will be a test of the Burg defensive backs, but as long as there is good defensive pressure on the QB, they will be fine. If you give him too much time to throw, it will be a rough game.

TartanPride
Waterboy

Post by TartanPride »

This should be a GREAT game! The Oaks are a powerhouse of a team but I think Burg coming off close lose to Ironton will come out and get passed the oaks!

Burg-35 Oaks-28 in a shootout :122246

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

I think that Oak Hill will suprise all you Burg fans!!!
Oaks win 21-14!
Last edited by Buckeye84 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thefunpolice
Waterboy

Post by thefunpolice »

Big game Friday night. GO OAKS! "WE BELIEVE"

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Neutron Man wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I don't think there's a lot of Oak Hill people on here, especially on the football forum. I think they mostly post on the basketball forums.
?????
WHY? I know the basketball team is really good, but if you return that many players from last season after an undefeated year, wouldn't you be on here running your chops? I would! Or maybe it is that they know they had a cream puff schedule and they know whats coming? Or so I hope!

Where BigCarlito? His loud mouth can get them out! Just let him lose on em and I bet the feathers get ruffled! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheelersburg 24 Oak Hill 7......I mean cmon...it's only Oak Hill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That one was for you sir!!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

4th n Goal wrote:
bilco2 wrote:well i don't have a dog in this fight, so i have to go by what i seen last year from both teams. I think that oakhill will come out on top because of the return starters. the burg lost some good players, but oakhill returned 26 starters. they have the best qb of the two, and the best back field. this is just my opinion, but me and 9 other guys will probable have 10 different ones, so i will just weight till friday. good luck to both teams.

Wheelersburg may have lost a lot of talent from the team last year, but it seems this group of kids is more about the team and winning. Less attitude and more teamwork. Several new faces on D, but they seemed to work together well against Ironton. I think they will get a little better each week. This will be a test of the Burg defensive backs, but as long as there is good defensive pressure on the QB, they will be fine. If you give him too much time to throw, it will be a rough game.
Hell anyone could go 10-0 with a weak schedule like oak hill played! best team they played was minford and Minfor must have had a bad night to lose to them!!! oak hill will not beat burg! they are not even on the same level as burg! 42-7 BURG

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:

Hell anyone could go 10-0 with a weak schedule like oak hill played! best team they played was minford and Minfor must have had a bad night to lose to them!!! oak hill will not beat burg! they are not even on the same level as burg! 42-7 BURG
Dont look now Burg fans butcha finally got a live one! :lol:

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Oak Hill will not beat the Burg, Valley Indians used to destroy the SOC 1 when they were in SOC 1. They havent beat Burg sense they moved up and Valley had some team that were better than Oak Hill is now. Burgs smacks the Oaks around 35 -7 if the game is called right.

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

You NEVER want to play Burg when they are coming off a loss. They are always po'd, and want to take it out on their next opponent. But can they stop Oak Hill's explosive offensive led by Jesse Slone? I predict that Oak Hill wins 21-20 in what has the potential to be the game of the year!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

val13 wrote:You NEVER want to play Burg when they are coming off a loss. They are always po'd, and want to take it out on their next opponent. But can they stop Oak Hill's explosive offensive led by Jesse Slone? I predict that Oak Hill wins 21-20 in what has the potential to be the game of the year!
"You NEVER want to play Burg when they are coming off a loss." See Oak Hill fans there is your problem, stop scheduling The Burg the week after they play IRONTON! :lol: :lol:

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

FIDO wrote:This is stupid but I will write it anyway.......

Does anyone on this site believe for one second OH can beat Ironton?

Burg beat Ironton in darn near every phase of the game last week, except for where it counted the most, the final score!

I'm sorry but OH doesn't have a record of beating caliber teams, such as, the Burg...I don't care what they did last year either. Prove me wrong on Friday. I've eaten my words before and I'm good with being wrong from time to time.

You are right! That was stupid!

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

In reality!!!!! just like a few has said....Cmon....its oak hill! LOL no match up to the BURG! maybe the Oaks can learn a few things from them?

PIRATES 35 oak hill 14

Return to “Football”