Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

alabama mike
SE

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Post by alabama mike »

If Burg does not eliminate penalities, its going to be a long night. Granted the overall schedule Burg plays is better but no one from Burg should count out Oak Hill. I can promise you, the Oaks are not just going to give the game away because they are playing the Pirates. I look for a decent game.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

JChipwood wrote:Big questions is......... How will Burg playing a physical team like Ironton compare to OH playing a cupcake like Peake?? If everyone is healthy, the Burg wins this one, if they are beat up then OH may have a chance. On the other hand, the Burg has been in a fight already this year and OH hasn't. Burg's best defense may be the ground game and ball control. I don't think OH has a chance of controlling the line of scrimmage. Good luck Coach W!
Who cares? That means squat!

Seops Guest
Waterboy

Post by Seops Guest »

Honestly, Wheelersburg would have to be the favorite in this one. No disrespect to Oak Hill but I think they will just come up a little short.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Seops Guest wrote:Honestly, Wheelersburg would have to be the favorite in this one. No disrespect to Oak Hill but I think they will just come up a little short.
Oak Hill is just fine with Burg being favored to win.

tartan_warrior
Waterboy

Post by tartan_warrior »

if the oaks can play on all cyliders i see no reason why they cant beat the burg BUT The burg is the burg and most underdogs choke against the organge and black.

burg 28
oaks-21

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

I talked to a couple of the Seniors last night and they said they are preparing like they are playing a Passing Ironton at Ironton. This is their Mind-set for this weeks game. They said they know Slone is a Great Player along with Hail and some others with a big physical O-line and D-line. They were confident they will be prepared for the Spread and Empty Passing sets.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Sounds as though the Oaks has a great team.....still look for the Burg to pull this one out......28-12

thefunpolice
Waterboy

Post by thefunpolice »

I dont mind the OAKS being the underdawgggs either. LETS GO BOYS!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

From a outsider looking in.....The burgh wins a close one.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

When the smoke clears, the Pirates will leave the flood grounds of Oak Hill in a destroyed heap.

Oaks win by AT LEAST 3 TD's.

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

Does anyone know how long this contract if for? Will Oak Hill and Wheelersburg continue to play each other for the next year? Two? How long, would be great the two schools are only about 30 minutes apart, would be great to see.

oaksbacker1
Waterboy

Post by oaksbacker1 »

I think it will be closer than 3 tds, no matter which team wins. Would love to see my Oakies win! Play hard boys, dont get the dumb penalties that have killed us before. Would love to see the no huddle ran Friday night! Oaks you can do this, bring the effort, have heart, and do your thing!

oaksbacker1
Waterboy

Post by oaksbacker1 »

It has already been said a few times that this is a 1 year contract.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

There are two posts on this thread that really just make me feel secure about picking Burg. Inside85 makes a great point about Burg and the swagger of their program.
2nd, another poster mentioned the fact (a solid fact) that the overwhelming majority of posters on here would never pick Oak Hill to beat Ironton (and Oak Hill wouldn't beat Ironton).

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

But how well does OH pass in the pouring rain? If they have to play the run game, oh boy! now what? Cause thats all OH fans have to thrown out there. OH has a passing game, Burg has never been great at pass def, but they manage and adapt to offenses. But yes it is suppose to pour the rain from what I hear!

So Burg in the rain by 21
Burg with no rain, 14

River Creature
Waterboy

Post by River Creature »

Burgites over the Oakies, 4thekids, mom you are welcome anytime in Scioto County, sewer lines sure do stink around here.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:This will be the 18th matchup in history between these two teams. The series is tied. 8-8-1. Burg won the last four in a row and the oaks won four in a row before that. Did not know this until I was looking through the program, and thought I would share with you guys. Lets go OAKS!
Are you sure about this?
Burg's program has opponents records all time vs Burg, and it says 4-1 in favor of the Burg.
Maybe it only goes back so far? Don't know. But there is obviously 12 games that Burg doesn't know about for it not to be in its all time records

rubberchicken
Waterboy

Post by rubberchicken »

Watching both Minford and Oak Hill play Ridgewood in the playoofs last year, the Oaks were heads and tails a better team than Minford, not even close. So for the individual who says Minford is better than the Oaks I didnt see it. Ridgewood was fortunate to beat the Oaks and handled Minford pretty easily. Oaks were most physical team Ridgewood played with the obvious exception of Ursuline(different monster all together)
With that being said I have also watched the Wood lose to the Burg and feel this game maybe one of the best in the state in D5 this week. The Oaks are physical and return solid skill as well and the Burg hung tough with a typically good Ironton team. Should be a great one. Good luck to both squads.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Neutron Man wrote:
crazee-oakaholic wrote:This will be the 18th matchup in history between these two teams. The series is tied. 8-8-1. Burg won the last four in a row and the oaks won four in a row before that. Did not know this until I was looking through the program, and thought I would share with you guys. Lets go OAKS!
Are you sure about this?
Burg's program has opponents records all time vs Burg, and it says 4-1 in favor of the Burg.
Maybe it only goes back so far? Don't know. But there is obviously 12 games that Burg doesn't know about for it not to be in its all time records

I was wondering about that myself. I have lived here since 1971 and I don't recall us playing Oak Hill 18 times.

Maybe that is basketball.

Here's the records of past opponents listed on Burgfan.com

Minford 47 6
Northwest 41 8
Waverly 33 16
Lucasville Valley 30 2
Portsmouth West 30 19 2
Sciotoville East 18 6 1
Portsmouth 18 11
South Point 17 1
New Boston 16 6
Coal Grove 15 8
Notre Dame 14 12 2
Rock Hill 13 3
Greenup County, KY 11 5 1
Washington Courthouse 6 0
Chesapeake 5 0
Hillsboro 5 0
Ironton 5 15
Huntington East, WV 4 0
Alexander 4 0
Dayton Jefferson 4 0
Oak Hill 4 1
Piketon 4 1
Fairland 4 1
Paint Valley 3 0
West Jefferson 3 0
Newark Catholic 3 1
Boyd County, KY 2 0
Nelsonville York 2 2
Amanda Clearcreek 2 2
Wellston 2 2
Gallipolis Gallia Academy 2 2
Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph 1 0
Crooksville 1 0
Vinton County 1 0
Woodsfield Monroe Central 1 0
Raceland, KY 1 0
Circleville 1 0
Warren Kennedy 1 0
Lorain Southview 1 0
Adena 1 0
Cincinnati Shroder Paideia 1 0
Steubenville Catholic Central 1 0
Johnstown Northridge 1 0
Miami Trace 1 0
Hamilton Badin 1 0
Columbus Academy 1 1
Martins Ferry 1 1
Russell, KY 1 1
Cabell Midland 1 1
Versailles 1 3
Barnesville 0 1
Coldwater 0 1
Philo 0 1
Kenton 0 1
Cincinnati Reading 0 1
Shenendoah 0 1
Johnson Central, KY 0 1
Liberty Union 0 1
Fredericktown 0 1
Centerburg 0 1
Springfield Catholic Central 0 1
Germantown Valleyview 0 2
St. Clairsville 0 2

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Looks like a 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms for Friday...

Return to “Football”