Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Post by footballcrazy »

The Oaks by 2 touchdowns!! Burg can't live in the past on this one!!

DaBurg
Waterboy

Post by DaBurg »

What's up with oak hills banner in Davis stadium saying 2010 soc champs and undefeated regular season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

DaBurg wrote:What's up with oak hills banner in Davis stadium saying 2010 soc champs and undefeated regular season
that's interesting. one game into the season and they are already callin for a 10-0 season. guess the burg will have to put them in their place friday night

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Haven't paid attention to the banner but unless they got the date wrong then it was for last years accomplishments.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

you are right that it does say 2010. I am guessing that it is referring to the class of 2010 or just a typo, but it talks about being the first playoff team so it is definitely for last year. I can't think of any school that would put up a banner for the current year that they are in.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

The Oaks has some really good Athletes,very talented:But this ain't Basketball.
Sorry Oaks Have to go with the Pirates-28-14.

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

I'm a Burg fan and I would like to see them win every game. The problem I see with the Burg is what happens in close games at the end of the games, while i won't place blame, when the cards are on the table it seems we have a tendency to not come out with the best play calls on offense or the right decision on the defense call. This where one coach rises above the rest when they make the right calls more often than not. This is a young staff, but I think we need better decisions.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

This is going to be a very good game. Close that could go either way. I think some people may be underestimating the strength of the OH lines. All I hear is about the skill people but OH has a very good line, offensive and defensive. Hopefully the weather holds off and we see a good, injury free football game.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

Bucknut27 wrote:This is going to be a very good game. Close that could go either way. I think some people may be underestimating the strength of the OH lines. All I hear is about the skill people but OH has a very good line, offensive and defensive. Hopefully the weather holds off and we see a good, injury free football game.

I agree, Oakhills line is huge an fast. Those two combinations always spell trouble and I don't know if burg has the line to get pressure on Slone as much as they're wanting too. But to take the spot light off slone. Hale is going to play a major factor on keeping the game balanced. If oakhill comes out and passes 25-40 times without a balanced tempo I would choose the burg but If they keep it balanced an maybe edge a little towards the passing game then I think they will win come friday night. JMHO.

Oak hill 28
Burg 21

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

One thing about the Burg, after the Ironton game they just keep getting better and better.

Burg 28
OH 13

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Will there be any radio stations from Jackson County covering this game

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Bucknut27 wrote:This is going to be a very good game. Close that could go either way. I think some people may be underestimating the strength of the OH lines. All I hear is about the skill people but OH has a very good line, offensive and defensive. Hopefully the weather holds off and we see a good, injury free football game.
You are right Chris Fairchild, Drew Cannon, etc are prob. the best line that Oak Hill has had in years.

As far as radio stations, when Jackson, Wellston, Vinton COunty and Oak Hill all play on the same night Oak Hill usually ends up with the AM station, which I believe is 1330(not positive). You would think that they would realize how big of a game this is and it would take the place of Vinton County's game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Thats ironic MOF, I think this is definitely the Burgs best Oline even after losing Frowine from last year, and he was arguably the best Olineman in the SEOPS area. This should be a great game!

GO BURG!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You would think that one of Scioto counties radio stations would broadcast this game, but no, 107.5 has to be the Voice Of The Greenup County Musketeers :roll: like anyone over here gives a rats a$$ about Greenup. I think 99.3 is doing the East game and the AM side always does Portsmouth games, which is understandable. Hopefully someone from up that way will do updats so those of us that have to work :evil: can keep up with the game.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I will be in the Pressbox giving updates. They won't be detailed but will give you the score periodically.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GAMEDAY!! LETS GO OAKS!

Mohawk06
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk06 »

i would really like to see OH come out on top, but i just really dont see that happening. that means no disrespect OH its just wheelersburg plays in trough games week in and week out. has oak hill ever played in a dog fight with a team the caliber of WB? WB are just superior to the SOC 1 and 2 n one of the best programs in southern ohio

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Mohawk06 wrote:i would really like to see OH come out on top, but i just really dont see that happening. that means no disrespect OH its just wheelersburg plays in trough games week in and week out. has oak hill ever played in a dog fight with a team the caliber of WB? WB are just superior to the SOC 1 and 2 n one of the best programs in southern ohio

That is what was said last year and we beat Minford, crushed Coal Grove and played with Ridgewood. I wouldnt underestimate this group of kids. Im not saying they will win but they have a shot and it will be a close game.

Mohawk06
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk06 »

yea minford is not WB not even in the same class

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Mohawk06 wrote:yea minford is not WB not even in the same class
I do believe they beat Wheelersburg last year. Correct me if Im wrong.

Return to “Football”