Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Bucknut27
Varsity

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Oak Hill (1-0)

Post by Bucknut27 »

Burg showed heart and never quit but had it not been for the 2 kickoffs Shankweiller (sp?) ran back for TD's they would not have been in this game. They had one good drive all night. OH completely dominated in the trenches.

Good luck to the Burg the rest of the year. I hope you win out and Shankweiller is one special player. The best I've seen in a long time and he single handedly kept Burg in the game.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Mad_Donkeyy wrote:
MightyOaksFan wrote:the water south of Jackson is tasting pretty good tonight
Drink while you can because the well is going to run dry in a couple of years.

In a couple of years??? A injury or two or just a melt down and it could happen next week.

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

What kills me is a team does good for a couple of years and then they want to put down a program like Wheelersburg that has a state title and 22 or more playoff appearances. The Oaks won, so enjoy it while it lasts. When you have 27 SOC I titles then you can brag
:122246 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Wow, yea that wata tastes ok today. Off the boil alert.........for the 999th time.....lol

Well, I should have bet on this one and I don't gamble. I picked them and the Oaks did it.
Westen Hale........is da MAN!!! love ya kid.
Slone, Maynard, Woods, Parker, Hale, Kuhn, Cannon, Fairchild............heck the whole team played well.....looked like a TEAM.
What else can I say................Burg scored one offensive TD.
I did like their quick set and that runner-slasher you got there. Kinda reminded me of watching Jared play.

Any hoooo, gotta get pictures sent to the paper and again

:122245 CONGRATS TO THE OAKS !!! Post with pride and not poo

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

Im not putting down burg, coz there good at everything we all know it.
We all also know that our talent is leaving after this year. So we have to enjoy it now.
Good luck to burg with future games.

'93OAK
Waterboy

Post by '93OAK »

Good job Oaks!! Keep up the hard work and cut down on the mistakes and you will be fine, take it one game at a time...Burg played hard the whole game, never quit. Good luck to both schools the rest of the year.

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

Glad to hear the Oaks got the win !!! This is what I'm talking about, Respect ! I mean nothing bad to the Wheelersburg team. If anything, we respect that you are a great team & we beat ya this time . I hate that I missed this game, & couldn't hear a darn thing on the radio but I could hear all the excitement from the field. Great job Oaks and the Burg will bounce back. Good luck to both teams here on out !!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oak Hill fans should run their mouths all they want. Burg fans called blow outs all week. Guess what? The "tradition" and all those "playoff appearences" dont really scare anyone. Sounds like the Oaks really laid the wood to Burg. WOW I cant believe Burg lost to the "lowly" SOC I Oaks.

Good win for the Oaks, cant wait for the Oak Hill/Minford matchup.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

007 wrote:What kills me is a team does good for a couple of years and then they want to put down a program like Wheelersburg that has a state title and 22 or more playoff appearances. The Oaks won, so enjoy it while it lasts. When you have 27 SOC I titles then you can brag
:122246 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take your old trophies and try to use them to buy groceries.....LOL

Nobody really cares about 10 years ago dude. Burg is on the downfall and I see major changes coming from the reactive boosters.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

great win for the oaks

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bleeding Red wrote:Oak Hill fans should run their mouths all they want. Burg fans called blow outs all week. Guess what? The "tradition" and all those "playoff appearences" dont really scare anyone. Sounds like the Oaks really laid the wood to Burg. WOW I cant believe Burg lost to the "lowly" SOC I Oaks.

Just like they beat the Mighty Minford Falcons last year and more than likely will again this season. Burg has been on a down slide lately, I will admit that and everyone loves to "BEAT THE BURG", so enjoy it while you can. They have consistently been the best Scioto county has to offer they and they will be back. At least we have the trophies to trade for groceries. Minford and Oak Hill would starve to death if they had to rely on theirs.

You know, I went back through the thread and most of the people predicting blowouts weren't even from the Burg and some were even from Minford. Sour grapes???

Oak Hill got the best on the Pirates, plain and simple. I have already said that and wished them well, but one or two good seasons and a win over the Burg doe not make you a world beater. You would think they just won a state title. You beat the Burg. Good for you. Move on and enjoy the rest of your season.

Oh, by the way, I hope Oak Hill makes an example of Minford this season. That would be hilarious. Those Mighty Minford Falcons losing to, as you called them, those lowly Oaks. lol
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BeatsInThaSoutheast wrote:Before the end of the game and the blaming of the refs start for either team.
Either way, refs are hurting both teams.
The refs were horrible all night (both ways). My favorite was when Burg had 4th and 10 and gained 11. The ref spotted the ball, looked over at the marker and then moved the ball back to where we were 10" short and called for a measurement. I think they did about the same thing to OH when they had to punt in the 2nd half.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Not surprised Oak Hill won at all! Burg really struggled in covering the pass. Slone hardly missed a throw all night. Very good high school QB. He just doesn't make bad decision with the football. Oak Hill's running back Westen Hale is so hard-nosed, he is just able to find the holes, and squirt through them. With that being said, this game most definitely was won by the guys up front on both sides of the ball. They dominated for most of the game, and it's not like Burg wasn't pretty good upfront. Oak Hill just controlled the line of scrimmage.
I believe Burg is a good football team, but I didn't see a dominating force on the defensive side of the ball. They could not get off of the field tonight. Oak Hill was able to pick and choose on what they wanted to do on offense.
Great game to watch. Thought Wheelersburg would have a bigger crowd. Nice crowd, but I expected even more.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Oak Hill fans should run their mouths all they want. Burg fans called blow outs all week. Guess what? The "tradition" and all those "playoff appearences" dont really scare anyone. Sounds like the Oaks really laid the wood to Burg. WOW I cant believe Burg lost to the "lowly" SOC I Oaks.

Just like they beat the Mighty Minford Falcons last year and more than likely will again this season. Burg has been on a down slide lately, I will admit that and everyone loves to "BEAT THE BURG", so enjoy it while you can. They have consistently been the best Scioto county has to offer they and they will be back. At least we have the trophies to trade for groceries. Minford and Oak Hill would starve to death if they had to rely on theirs.

You know, I went back through the thread and most of the people predicting blowouts weren't even from the Burg and some were even from Minford. Sour grapes???

Oak Hill got the best on the Pirates, plain and simple. I have already said that and wished them well, but one or two good seasons and a win over the Burg doe not make you a world beater. You would think they just won a state title. You beat the Burg. Good for you. Move on and enjoy the rest of your season.

Oh, by the way, I hope Oak Hill makes an example of Minford this season. That would be hilarious. Those Mighty Minford Falcons losing to, as you called them, those lowly Oaks. lol

Cant believe you can even talk with all that crow in your mouth.

Badboy
Varsity

Re: Week 2-Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

Post by Badboy »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:42-14 burg!!!

Hey Burg 77- here is one

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Congrat's to Oak Hill, I didn't think you could do it!! And you cost me $5.00 Bucks!!
Can't wait till you play my Falcon's, should be another good game!!

Good Luck

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Burg Grad,
I am disappointed in you. Of all the years I have been on these sites, I never thought you would be one to be a sore loser.
You know most of these posts are not from Oak Hill players or coaches or even Oak Hill fans.

Take the loss with heads high, as none of these young men deserve all of this crap. Both teams left it on the field and the score at the end, is just that.
I do not have a young man playing anymore, but I know how the players and parents feel after a tough game or a tough loss. Don't add to the insanity or let the poo posters spoil the boys of fall and their game.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Da_Burg wrote:In reality!!!!! just like a few has said....Cmon....its oak hill! LOL no match up to the BURG! maybe the Oaks can learn a few things from them?

PIRATES 35 oak hill 14

Hhhhmmmm

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

What a sore loser. Then again, what do you expect. LOL. I didnt see any Minford fans saying they were going to dominate Oak Hill this year, but plenty of Burg people called for it.

Well, at least Burg fans arent talking about running their coach out of town like they did last year.......YET.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

If your gonna dish it back it up..the oaks stepped up the the challenge and backed it up! Of course were gonna give it back now..way to go oaks!

Return to “Football”