Week 2 Ironton (1-0) @ Russell, KY (0-1)

Who Wins??

Total votes: 0

caglewis
SEOP

Re: Week 2 IRONTON (1-0) @ RUSSELL, KY (0-1)

Post by caglewis »

fuzzhead wrote:I know this is probably a big money game, but Russell is obviously not your big brother's state title contending Russell. Just seems like a wasted game.
Of course it's a "money game" - what else keeps athletic programs up and running for free to the students at public schools besides the draw of game crowds? Russell may not be as strong this year as in the past, but they are always an excellent/respected opponent. For too many years they wouldn't/couldn't play Ironton [just a few miles apart but with a River/State line between us] because of KY and OH rules which didn't count "out-of-State" opponents in their ranking systems - so it "hurt" both teams' ranking numbers to play each other. What a waste of a great game opportunity with an always quality opponent for both teams - little travel - big crowds for both - that went on for way too long. I'm so glad to have Russell [an obvious choice all along] back on Ironton's schedule.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Week 2 Ironton (1-0) @ Russell, KY (0-1)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ARNTUN by 3 td's.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BigOrangeOne wrote:CalPreps has Russell, Chillicothe and Gallia listed as Ironton's three weakest opponents for this season. They (calpreps) don't even have the week 9 opponent listed in their info but I'm sure they would be included in those weaker teams.

The Tigers already have one win over one of the highest rated teams they face (Alder, Wheelersburg and Portsmouth) and Portsmouth struggled with Wilmington last night so it seems that Alder is the only threat to TigerMan's undefeated season..... and even Alder is only rated 1/2 a point higher than Wheelersburg.

Ironton is a big, strong and fast team and I don't see them having much trouble with any of their remaining schedule. Looks like pretty clear sailing right on into the playoffs.

Highest-Rated 2010 Regular Season Opponents: Alder [Jonathan] (24.6), Wheelersburg (23.9), Portsmouth (22.2)

Lowest-Rated 2010 Regular Season Opponents: Russell (KY) (-11.1), Chillicothe (-4.6), Gallia Academy (Gallipolis) (7.4)

Note that Russell (-11.1) and Chillicothe (-4.6) have MINUS rated numbers. :-D

Wonder where Bishop Hartley figures into the equation, they beat Amada Clearcreek 48-10, they could fit into the High rated category........Ashland, KY looks to have another strong team this year also. Milford which is our week 9 game beat Cin Hughes 58-8, they just might be better than some think, but I don't know much about either of those teams other than Milford was 7-3 last year.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Ironton should win this one big.

Speaking of Ironton's highest-rated opponents, where's Hartley on that list? All they did was thump Amanda-Clearcreek 48-10. Unless A-C is way down, this is just scary.

(ha, OHbuckeye1 beat me to the draw on this one)

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

OHbuckeye1 wrote:...Milford which is our week 9 game beat Cin Hughes 58-8, they just might be better than some think, but I don't know much about either of those teams other than Milford was 7-3 last year.
I agree Milford Center Fairbanks is probably better than many think, but I wouldn't conclude too much from this one game. Hughes is typically a very mediocre team (3-7, 2-8, 7-3, 4-6, 4-6 the last 5 years)

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:Ironton should win this one big.

Speaking of Ironton's highest-rated opponents, where's Hartley on that list? All they did was thump Amanda-Clearcreek 48-10. Unless A-C is way down, this is just scary.

(ha, OHbuckeye1 beat me to the draw on this one)
Amanda-Clearcreek is pay to play $300 a sport :(

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:...Milford which is our week 9 game beat Cin Hughes 58-8, they just might be better than some think, but I don't know much about either of those teams other than Milford was 7-3 last year.
I agree Milford Center Fairbanks is probably better than many think, but I wouldn't conclude too much from this one game. Hughes is typically a very mediocre team (3-7, 2-8, 7-3, 4-6, 4-6 the last 5 years)

Fairbanks lost to North Union 26-0. Fairbanks will not be a very good team. Hartley, however, will be a favorite to win the region. They are very strong. They won over A-C 48-10 and that was the score midway through the 3rd quarter. it could have been far worse.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

85inside wrote:

Fairbanks lost to North Union 26-0. Fairbanks will not be a very good team. Hartley, however, will be a favorite to win the region. They are very strong. They won over A-C 48-10 and that was the score midway through the 3rd quarter. it could have been far worse.
I just wonder if AC is that down from losing their coach to Chillicothe..No team is very good at all to get beat that bad by anyone..unless the team who won is some awesome talent..

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

85inside wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like there was some confusion between Milford HS and Milford Center Fairbanks HS. Reminds me of a few year ago when lots of people thought Ironton was going to play Albany Alexander in the playoffs when in reality it was New Albany.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton 42-14 Lutz pulls starters in early 3rd quarter no contest here more of a scrimmage

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

My internet has been down, I am going nuts. Anyway........

GO TIGER GO!!!!!!

Stay Un-Defeated!!! :mrgreen: :122245 :122245 (Thats for you BOO ;-) )

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

whats the injury report this week for ironton? do we have anyone back that missed the burg game or anyone that wont be available for russell game because of the physical play last week. tribune said that ironton had 8 starters/backups that missed the burg game. was that a typo? i didnt realize we were that banged up going into week one.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

victor creed wrote:whats the injury report this week for ironton? do we have anyone back that missed the burg game or anyone that wont be available for russell game because of the physical play last week. tribune said that ironton had 8 starters/backups that missed the burg game. was that a typo? i didnt realize we were that banged up going into week one.
Good question sir, anyone have any info?

River Creature
Waterboy

Post by River Creature »

Ironton has a history of padding there schedule with Kentucky teams. Dropped out of SEOAL, to many losses.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

River Creature wrote:Ironton has a history of padding there schedule with Kentucky teams. Dropped out of SEOAL, to many losses.
I would be willing to bet that Ashland could beat just about every SEOAL Team this year and give Logan a run for their money.........padding the schedule lol, How about Jonathan Alder and Columbus Bishop Hartley??????

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

victor creed wrote:whats the injury report this week for ironton? do we have anyone back that missed the burg game or anyone that wont be available for russell game because of the physical play last week. tribune said that ironton had 8 starters/backups that missed the burg game. was that a typo? i didnt realize we were that banged up going into week one.
I'd say 8 is probably about right.

I heard Trevor White will be back, He's our extra point kicker and a pretty good one.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

River Creature wrote:Ironton has a history of padding there schedule with Kentucky teams. Dropped out of SEOAL, to many losses.

You dont have a clue about Ironton's history or you wouldnt come on here making such dumbarse statements.....

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

I was told they had a kid kicking field goals soccer-style at practice today. Anyone know who this might have been?

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

I heard that there were 8 that missed the scrimmage with Coal Grove; so that could be true. Haven't heard anything post-Wheelersburg, though. Hopefully we'll get everybody healthy soon.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

OHbuckeye1 wrote:...I heard Trevor White will be back, He's our extra point kicker and a pretty good one.
Sounds like good news to me.

Return to “Football”