Week 8: SEOAL - Jackson (6-1, 3-0) @ Marietta (2-5, 0-4)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

SAMPSON
Waterboy

Week 8: SEOAL - Jackson (6-1, 3-0) @ Marietta (2-5, 0-4)

Post by SAMPSON »

THOUGHTS AND PREDICTIONS ?

sittin the pine
Waterboy

Re: JACKSON (6-1) @ MARIETTA (2-5)

Post by sittin the pine »

The Ironmen must guard against a let down this week as they make the long trip to Marietta. Both teams left everything they had on the field in Friday's tripple OT thriller. Hopefully, with a good week of practice and placing their focus solely on Marietta the Ironmen will take of business and get the job done. Since week number ones loss the Ironmen have been very focused on the current weeks opponent. The coaching staff has done a great job keeping this team up and they know their own destiny.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Is Marietta primarily a run ? pass ? or balanced attack?

X-Factor5
Waterboy

Post by X-Factor5 »

As most of us know, the Ironmen are coming off of a huge win over Ironton. They must keep their guard up and focus on what lies ahead this week. They're going to get every teams best shot. If they play every game one at a time, they're going to be fine.
My prediction- Ironmen win convincingly, but not without a first half battle with the Tigers.
Go Ironmen.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Week 8: SEOAL - Jackson (6-1, 3-0) @ Marietta (2-5, 0-4)

Post by ironman02 »

As others have already mentioned, staying focused is of great importance for Jackson this week. The win over Ironton took a lot out of them, both emotionally and physically. They'll have to get back to business tomorrow and have a great week of practice to prepare for a Marietta team that will certainly be looking to play the role of spoiler next Friday night.

The Tigers are more of a run-oriented team this season, which is a pretty big change from what we've seen the last few seasons. That's not to say that they can't throw the ball, but it appears that the running game is their bread and butter now. The Jackson defense was VERY tough against Ironton's ground game, so hopefully they can continue that this week against these Tigers.

It's a long trip to Marietta for the team, but it's definitely a road trip that I enjoy as a fan. Don Drumm Stadium is a very nice facility, and the people of Marietta are always good hosts.

Three SEOAL wins down...three to go. Gotta take care of business and get win #4.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Ironmen BIG in this one

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

just do your job and stay focused and move on

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is up to #5 in the region. It's a tough region with the teams at the top defeating some D1 schools that are with good records but it's for defeating lowly D1 schools....thus giving them NUMEROUS computer points.

We could defeat Marietta and possibly drop...but I imagine enough things will happen to keep us #5 with win.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO IRONMEN

Blazer83
Riding the Bench

Post by Blazer83 »

Lets go Red.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

jackson by 3 tds 35-14

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

Good luck Tigers!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Klay Arthur only needs 11 yards to break 1000 yards rucking for the season and I see that happening within the first drive and jacksons offense is firing on all cylinders and j-towns d is mean it's not looking good for marrietta sorry tigers where on a safari and geuss what we got tags for... Tigers lmao

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I believe Klay is at 979 yards. Thats what the radio said last week after the game. I think he'll surpass 1400 on the year if he stays healtthy. The D is definetly prooving their worth! They play as a team with all players taking care of business.
Can't let off the gas, in the seoal anyone can have a game on any given week. Stay focused with the eye on the prize(s)! :122246

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

let's not forget week # 1..... GOOOOOOO REEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!

JHS 42 TIGERS 7

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

According to the stats from the Times-Journal, Arthur is sitting at 994 yards rushing after Week 7. Obviously stats vary slightly from person to person, but I have found the Times-Journal's stats to be VERY accurate in recent years.

Whatever the case may be, I would be willing to bet that Klay Arthur will definitely hit the 1,000 yard mark at Marietta. It's also quite impressive that Drew Ervin is nearing 500 yards rushing, while Kip Winchester has also gained 300 yards on the ground. Nice balance in the running game, not to mention that Winchester has also thrown for almost 700 yards as well.

Hopefully the Ironmen have recovered physically, emotionally, and mentally from the big win last week against Ironton and have had a great week of preparation for Marietta. Jackson needs to come out with a lot of intensity and focus, and jump on the Tigers early. Take care of the football on offense and execute, and play solid assignment football on defense. If they can do that, I think they'll be in good shape, with a great chance of returning home at 7-1.

Three SEOAL wins down, three to go. #4 is tomorrow night. GO IRONMEN - BEAT MARIETTA!!!

X-Factor5
Waterboy

Post by X-Factor5 »

The Ironmen hopefully have had a good week of practice. They're going to need it Friday night and they're going to have to be aware of anything and everything Marietta could throw at them at all times. Nothing against a talented 2-5 Tigers team, but they're going to throw everything at the Ironmen they can to compete. They run a similar offense to that of the Wellston Rockets. I look for the Ironmen to come ready to play though. This team, of any team in Ohio, should know not to be too over confident going into a game (reference to week 1). The Tigers are a talented enough team to make this game interesting if Jackson isn't firing on all cylinders. I believe Andy Hall will have these kids ready to play Friday and I fully expect Jackson to leave Washington County with a W.

Go Ironmen!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02......Thanks for the plug and kind words.

It is true that if you have 5 different people keeping stats, all five are bound to be different.

I try to keep as accurate stats as possible each and every game I do.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

EVEN BETTER! What a season for Klay.
Wheres a good place to eat in Marietta?

Return to “Football”