Week 2: Logan (0-1) @ Pickerington North (0-1)

Who wins??

Total votes: 0

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Re: Week 2: Logan (0-1) @ Pickerington North (0-1)

Post by grizzlynatural »

In Lancaster i DOUBT they teach the cut the legs technique in tackling. In LOGAN, they teach it. There is your difference in that game every year, just luckily, we had enough firepower over the past 2 years to beat them. The ONLY thing Logan is missing EVERY SINGLE YEAR in the Lancaster Logan game is the strength. Very very very very poor weightlifting program that is way inferior to Lancasters. Why does Lancaster beat us? Same answer every time, UP FRONT! We have the size, we dont have the strength. Bottom line. We get our heads on right, get in the weightroom, we beat them every year.

purple pride 2008
Waterboy

Post by purple pride 2008 »

the purple in a shocker 20-14

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

grizzlynatural wrote:In Lancaster i DOUBT they teach the cut the legs technique in tackling. In LOGAN, they teach it. There is your difference in that game every year, just luckily, we had enough firepower over the past 2 years to beat them. The ONLY thing Logan is missing EVERY SINGLE YEAR in the Lancaster Logan game is the strength. Very very very very poor weightlifting program that is way inferior to Lancasters. Why does Lancaster beat us? Same answer every time, UP FRONT! We have the size, we dont have the strength. Bottom line. We get our heads on right, get in the weightroom, we beat them every year.
I wasn't aware that our weightlifting program was that bad. How do you propose we remedy that situation? Could it be a sense of presumption that comes from winning in which the kids think they will win just by showing up? Personally, I would think just the sight of coach Jones would inspire the kids to get "pumped up".

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

LoganAlumni99 wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:In Lancaster i DOUBT they teach the cut the legs technique in tackling. In LOGAN, they teach it. There is your difference in that game every year, just luckily, we had enough firepower over the past 2 years to beat them. The ONLY thing Logan is missing EVERY SINGLE YEAR in the Lancaster Logan game is the strength. Very very very very poor weightlifting program that is way inferior to Lancasters. Why does Lancaster beat us? Same answer every time, UP FRONT! We have the size, we dont have the strength. Bottom line. We get our heads on right, get in the weightroom, we beat them every year.
I wasn't aware that our weightlifting program was that bad. How do you propose we remedy that situation? Could it be a sense of presumption that comes from winning in which the kids think they will win just by showing up? Personally, I would think just the sight of coach Jones would inspire the kids to get "pumped up".
Logan use to enter those power lefting contest and do very well--don't they do this anymore?

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

noreply66 wrote:
LoganAlumni99 wrote:
Logan use to enter those power lefting contest and do very well--don't they do this anymore?
I recall seeing pictures in the Logan Daily about individuals on the weightlifting team, but maybe that just isn't indictative of the whole program.?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Funny but this wasn't an issue the last couple of years. Winning cures everything. That will start the third week of the season.

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

dazed&confused wrote:Funny but this wasn't an issue the last couple of years. Winning cures everything. That will start the third week of the season.

You are correct. I didn't hear any complaints about the weight program the past two years. Maybe Grizzly can expand on why and how Lancaster's program is superior.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Are you seriously trying to say that Logans weight program IS NOT inferior to Lancasters? Go look at the past 2 years stats in the meets where Lancaster and Logan both participated. (if they did) I know they have competed against each other at least twice in the past 5 years. Lancaster DOMINATES. Lancaster beats Logan UP FRONT EVERY YEAR WITH MUCH STRONGER LINEMAN. Fact.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

grizzlynatural wrote:Are you seriously trying to say that Logans weight program IS NOT inferior to Lancasters? Go look at the past 2 years stats in the meets where Lancaster and Logan both participated. (if they did) I know they have competed against each other at least twice in the past 5 years. Lancaster DOMINATES. Lancaster beats Logan UP FRONT EVERY YEAR WITH MUCH STRONGER LINEMAN. Fact.
I don't know they met head-to-head in weightlifting the last few years. I attended several meets with logan and Lancaster was not at those meets. That's not the point. Weightlifting helps but does not directly translate to football. Lancaster was dead tired against Logan's line last year and Logan had several two-way starters. I'll NOT be told that Lancaster dominated the trenches in 2008 and 2009.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The guy is a Gales--bunch of wind

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

my view -we need heart,kids that will punch you in the mouth remember- the 09 boys jon neff,seth sigler,clay morgan,cary mac,tim miller they refused to lose they could out muscle ,out hit ya.and they played smart.maybe we dont have those kind of athletes this year only time will tell but i think they are heading in the right direction . very impressed with brandon and dylan good luck to all.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

dazed&confused wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:Are you seriously trying to say that Logans weight program IS NOT inferior to Lancasters? Go look at the past 2 years stats in the meets where Lancaster and Logan both participated. (if they did) I know they have competed against each other at least twice in the past 5 years. Lancaster DOMINATES. Lancaster beats Logan UP FRONT EVERY YEAR WITH MUCH STRONGER LINEMAN. Fact.
I don't know they met head-to-head in weightlifting the last few years. I attended several meets with logan and Lancaster was not at those meets. That's not the point. Weightlifting helps but does not directly translate to football. Lancaster was dead tired against Logan's line last year and Logan had several two-way starters. I'll NOT be told that Lancaster dominated the trenches in 2008 and 2009.
ill second that- seth sigler and jon neff ate them up all night.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan's strength and conditioning isn't "the problem" against Lancaster. No doubt they are bigger, faster, stronger than Logan, but Logan makes many strength and conditioning programs in the area look laughable.

The same techniques that "hurt" us against Lancaster have proven very adept against other OCC teams. Many of these teams survive on "finnesse" only.

In fact the same techniques have helped Hilliard Davidson win 2 D1 state titles in the last 4 years.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

know all wrote:my view -we need heart,kids that will punch you in the mouth remember- the 09 boys jon neff,seth sigler,clay morgan,cary mac,tim miller they refused to lose they could out muscle ,out hit ya.and they played smart.maybe we dont have those kind of athletes this year only time will tell but i think they are heading in the right direction . very impressed with brandon and dylan good luck to all.
I think it is extremely unfair to say that heart is a problem on any team, especially one that trailed 23-3 at half and came back to outscore a team in the second half.

The reality is that Logan fans are extremely spoiled.

Lancaster is a bigger school that only Logan's BEST teams are ever going to beat. This is still a very good Logan team that can make some noise and may even be in the playoffs come week 11, and I wouldn't count them out as I think this Logan team already looks like it could play with Dublin Jerome or Canal Winchester (the Chiefs last 2 first round opponents).

Remember, Lancaster has won their league championship like 6 of the last 8 years. That is not the MSL or the SEOAL, but the OCC. A champion from a big boy conference is no team to hang your head about losing to if you are Logan.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

LoganLocos wrote:
know all wrote:my view -we need heart,kids that will punch you in the mouth remember- the 09 boys jon neff,seth sigler,clay morgan,cary mac,tim miller they refused to lose they could out muscle ,out hit ya.and they played smart.maybe we dont have those kind of athletes this year only time will tell but i think they are heading in the right direction . very impressed with brandon and dylan good luck to all.
I think it is extremely unfair to say that heart is a problem on any team, especially one that trailed 23-3 at half and came back to outscore a team in the second half.

The reality is that Logan fans are extremely spoiled.

Lancaster is a bigger school that only Logan's BEST teams are ever going to beat. This is still a very good Logan team that can make some noise and may even be in the playoffs come week 11, and I wouldn't count them out as I think this Logan team already looks like it could play with Dublin Jerome or Canal Winchester (the Chiefs last 2 first round opponents).

Remember, Lancaster has won their league championship like 6 of the last 8 years. That is not the MSL or the SEOAL, but the OCC. A champion from a big boy conference is no team to hang your head about losing to if you are Logan.
good points i hope we are both right.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Having watched this game the last 2 years, its obvious that Logan was NOT weaker than Lancaster in the lines. Some one isn't very bright or just stirring the pot. Logan has as good a weight program as any.

Lancaster is a large D-I school with multiple Jr. Hi teams that feed the H.S . , giving players who play alot and allows the coaches to select the best skilled big lineman that are out to choose from. Repetitions makes for good Olinemen. Games make for good linemen. So having more players who have played the games gives them an edge. As Locos has said , only Logan's best teams will beat this larger school system with lots of participation available for FB players. Even a great Logan team could get beat with a superior Lancaster team. It will always depend on the match-ups, not the weight room. That factor is pretty much even.

Since Lancaster has always had a strong program overall for a D-I school, it will always take a very good Logan team to beat them. Thats why you play bigger & better competition -- you may not win but you should get better. If you are better, you'll win anyway. Fact of life.

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

I for one don't know enough about either school's weight training program to make any declaration.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Can we please have a ban on the words "every year", "never" and "always" when describing football series? It is just foolish to cite such absolutes.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

I cannot believe that I am the only person that when I watch this game I see a team that is MUCH BIGGER AND STRONGER than Logan. Noone else thinks "wow...thats a really buff safety" then compare him to ours? Whatever lol Go ahead and feel like I called you a bad name for calling out the inferior weight program.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Lancaster didn't look as big as I thought they would,Lancaster had some lanky looking and better overall team speed and pursuit players, but weight wise Logan was just as big if not bigger at least it looked in my eyes and not sure about the strength but I heard Jones and Harris works them hard.I know he's not a lineman but they say Graham is a bodybuilder so at least somebody on the team hits the weightroom.

Return to “Football”