Week 2 - Greenup County @ Notre Dame

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: Week 2 - Greenup County @ Notre Dame

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

biggdowgg wrote:I was told at the Portsmouth game by one of the refs,that they do not call the horse collar tackle in high school football...yet tonight ,it was called against Notre Dame??
The horse collar tackle is illegal in high school football. I was at the game and saw the one call for horse collar tackle and disagreed with the call. The defender did grab the horse collar but didn't pull the runner down by the collar. He seemed to use it to hold on and the runner eventually fell. That isn't a correct interpretation of the rule but I was a long ways away from the tackle and may have been mistaken.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BlindWhiteHat

I couldnt see it eather, I was up on the levee,,,I just heard the PA guy announce the penalty.

so it is a penalty>?..I was hoping so, because if not, a kid could really get hurt

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

WOW the smallest d-6 team in Ohio was just beat by a d-1 team from Kentucky and the score was 28 to 7. Not taking nothing from ND but if you played the same size d-1 school from Ohio, it would have be 60+ to nothing. if that same team would play that same KY team, knowing that in the 4th you were trying to run the score up on this small Ohio ND team but could not get it done, they would run the score up in the 70+

I would be ashamed that you coud'nt play that good a game this past saturday but then you were playing a Ohio team that knows how to pay football but has no depth (that means not very many players).
and that the signs in the stands mocking the 1970s champs was a real class act.
what were the years GC were state champs?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

The score was 21-7 1st down, with about a minute remaining. Just before this, Greenup tried a pass play wanting to score again. Then ran a play, ND penalties got them on the 6 yard line. Greenup called a time out to make sure they had the correct play to score the final TD. I guess they were ashamed that again this year the score was to close. Someone other than me, decide why they did not take a knee.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No doubt this is just a flat out stupid game to schedule. But that was not the same Greenup County team that I saw go toe to toe with Ashland in week 1. I think ol' Tobias and crew were working on making the offense less one-dimensional and trying to get a passing game in place for the rest of the season because I've seen GC play twice previously since the new coach has been there and I've seen them attempt maybe 3 passes in those games, mostly on obvious passing downs. It was obvious that GC was not use to passing; the QB was under pressure most of the time and took a few good shots. ND was absolutely loading the box, yet GC's most succesful offesive move was Lyle up the middle, who ND just refused to tackle.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

headhunter1 wrote:WOW the smallest d-6 team in Ohio was just beat by a d-1 team from Kentucky and the score was 28 to 7. Not taking nothing from ND but if you played the same size d-1 school from Ohio, it would have be 60+ to nothing. if that same team would play that same KY team, knowing that in the 4th you were trying to run the score up on this small Ohio ND team but could not get it done, they would run the score up in the 70+

I would be ashamed that you coud'nt play that good a game this past saturday but then you were playing a Ohio team that knows how to pay football but has no depth (that means not very many players).
and that the signs in the stands mocking the 1970s champs was a real class act.
what were the years GC were state champs?
i was thinking st x would put 100 on greenup easy

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

Bone wrote:Notre dame doesn't have a player that would even start on GC
GC starting QB was at ND and was beat out of the QB spot and transferred back to GC High School
Go figure

rabbithunter1999
Waterboy

Post by rabbithunter1999 »

Im pretty sure if the tables were turned and Notre Dame was ahead with one minute left, they would have taken a knee. The Notre Dame team on the field gave GC a fight that GC wasnt expecting. The little team from Ohio does have PRIDE!!!!!!

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

rabbithunter1999 wrote:Im pretty sure if the tables were turned and Notre Dame was ahead with one minute left, they would have taken a knee. The Notre Dame team on the field gave GC a fight that GC wasnt expecting. The little team from Ohio does have PRIDE!!!!!!
I believe that also. Should have taken a knee. I think scrore doesn't always reflect the way the game was played.

Return to “Football”