Will Meigs ever Be Prepared to Play

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Will Meigs ever Be Prepared to Play

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Sad, but what I saw in Pomeroy friday night was a team that was not prepared to play. Not putting the blame on the kids because they played there hearts out. It just seemed that they were a step behind on every play. Maybe it's time for a change at Meigs? Mike Bartum went to help but I guess the help wasn't wanted. Wonder Why??????

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Re: Will Meigs ever Be Prepared to Play

Post by thirtyonetrap »

81dendmhs74 wrote:Sad, but what I saw in Pomeroy friday night was a team that was not prepared to play. Not putting the blame on the kids because they played there hearts out. It just seemed that they were a step behind on every play. Maybe it's time for a change at Meigs? Mike Bartum went to help but I guess the help wasn't wanted. Wonder Why??????

Why dont you quit stirring crap where there is none? Mike Bartrum has no issue with Mike Chancey, but, you obviously do. Hurry up and get your resume together. That program would really benefit from your expertise......NOT! Meigs has faced a lions share of adversity this year already. Injuries, Ineligibility and a tough opponent in Coal Grove. You are a great supporter, one loss and lets throw in the towel. WOW! What a great example you would set for our young people. No one makes you buy a ticket....save your money and stay home.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

31 one trap one loss OK I guess you have not been around here very long. Just wonder what Meigs Could have done the past 5 or 6 years with a different coaching staff. Thay had some pretty good years. Also for your information I just heard that a couple of Meigs"s best players are
thinking of trasfering next year because they too feel they are not getting all they could. That would be ashame........................................

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

thirtyonetrap wrote:
81dendmhs74 wrote:Sad, but what I saw in Pomeroy friday night was a team that was not prepared to play. Not putting the blame on the kids because they played there hearts out. It just seemed that they were a step behind on every play. Maybe it's time for a change at Meigs? Mike Bartum went to help but I guess the help wasn't wanted. Wonder Why??????

Why dont you quit stirring crap where there is none? Mike Bartrum has no issue with Mike Chancey, but, you obviously do. Hurry up and get your resume together. That program would really benefit from your expertise......NOT! Meigs has faced a lions share of adversity this year already. Injuries, Ineligibility and a tough opponent in Coal Grove. You are a great supporter, one loss and lets throw in the towel. WOW! What a great example you would set for our young people. No one makes you buy a ticket....save your money and stay home.
I won't stay home I will go somewhere that they want to win...

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

I saw Meigs defensive players getting blown off the line, missing tackles, and blowing pass coverage the very few times Coal Grove had to pass. On offense, I saw a Meigs line missing blocks and the defense penetrating the line soon and often. On the kickoff return team, I saw players not even slow down the kickoff team allowing them to smash our return runners. A few key turnovers in the first half by Meigs cemented the Coal Grove victory. Terrible lack of execution by Meigs.

Solely blaming the Meigs coach for the Coal Grove loss is both unfair and unjust. A great deal of responsibility is on the players to show their athleticism and execute on the field. Coal Grove was the more talented team and they played better. Every loss/victory is a result of the combination of team skill, team athleticism, execution, coaching, and little luck.

It is natural that a bad loss drums up the detractors. It was just two years ago Meigs makes the playoff (8-2) and everyone yells go Meigs and Coach Chancey! It is a fact that Coach Chancey has a winning record over his tenure, the players have always played hard, and his teams have always shown class on the field.

Students and parents both get on these posts and your negative energy hurts our Meigs football program. I believe Meigs will improve their play over the next few weeks. I encourage Meigs fans to remain positive about our program and their posts.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The way it sounds on a sister thread, "Mike Bartrum" that runs parallel with this one is that it might be a few years (4 or 5) before the Marauders will have the talent to win their share of games consistently. The "R" word is even being used, that's an oddity in Meigs circles. I think a big problem today is coaches not caring and not wanting the multi-sport athletes of today playing other sports at the high school level for other coaches and thinking only of their teams and not the school or kids as a whole. I've heard of this rearing it ugly head at Meigs just like other schools and I don't agree with it but it's not for me to decide. JMO

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I've been told (pm's, phone calls, etc.) that there are a lot of big kids sitting on the bench that were expecting to play a lot or even start this year so maybe Mikey has a method to his madness, I just hope it doesn't take too long but the good people of Meigs Local have always had a lot of patience.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:I've been told (pm's, phone calls, etc.) that there are a lot of big kids sitting on the bench that were expecting to play a lot or even start this year so maybe Mikey has a method to his madness, I just hope it doesn't take too long but the good people of Meigs Local have always had a lot of patience.

Sounds like your buddy's son needs to work harder and you need to quit trying to stir something up.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

I have said this for years, I would Like to see the Head Coach get more involved in the youth
programs in the area. We as many other schools our losing kids from our programs. How can we get the kids excited about sports again? Maybe it's going to take whole County working together so we don,t loose these kids to drugs, etc. I am seeing too much of this in our area.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

81dendmhs74 wrote:31 one trap one loss OK I guess you have not been around here very long. Just wonder what Meigs Could have done the past 5 or 6 years with a different coaching staff. Thay had some pretty good years. Also for your information I just heard that a couple of Meigs"s best players are
thinking of trasfering next year because they too feel they are not getting all they could. That would be ashame........................................

been here my whole life. but obviously no one understand what is really happening except for you. If this county needs to do something about drugs (it does) shouldnt that include all coaches and not just the football coach? shouldnt it include teachers? and mostly shouldnt it include PARENTS?

Still waiting for you to make a valid point but not holding my breath....

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

thirtyonetrap wrote:
81dendmhs74 wrote:31 one trap one loss OK I guess you have not been around here very long. Just wonder what Meigs Could have done the past 5 or 6 years with a different coaching staff. Thay had some pretty good years. Also for your information I just heard that a couple of Meigs"s best players are

been here my whole life. but obviously no one understand what is really happening except for you. If this county needs to do something about drugs (it does) shouldnt that include all coaches and not just the football coach? shouldnt it include teachers? and mostly shouldnt it include PARENTS?

Still waiting for you to make a valid point but not holding my breath....
Don't hold your breath wouldn,t want you to die over this. I will keep my mouth shut so I don't offend anyone. I like you want to see the kids get the very best . So If I hit a sore spot with you I am sorry . It won't happen again. Go Meigs

PS: I am not a Parent but I do love this place I call home. And sometime we can't except statis quo and think things will get better all by it's self.

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

You will not see players or "insiders" posting on this site. The coaches prohibit it and for good reasons. The kids get on here and see the sometimes useless opinions and negative comments written about their coaches and teammates and it does absolutely nothing to improve their attitude, skills, or abilities. The lack of comment on this site from the Marauders does not indicate a lack of support for the team...it just keeps the kids out of the venom.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Coach Mike is like any other high school coach in the area. When he has outstanding material, the wins will be there. If the talent is down, wins are hard to come by. Ask any area coach and you will get the same answer.

Also, when the economy begins to improve, you'll see the difference in all MHS sports programs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gahs4ever wrote:How long has it been since Meigs was in the playoffs? Does the coach get smart some years and stupid in others depending on the won/loss record? The worst thing about internet forums is that people who dont know diddly get on and have all the answers but never contribute anything to the program.

They know more about coaching that the coaches but they never coach, and they know more about officiating than the officials but they never officiate. They just whine and moan and pretend to have all the answers. They are usually associated with losing programs and when the coaches and kids get it turned around and the winning starts, they brag about how they "knew it all along."

Anyone else think Im right on?
Good post GAHS!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A lot of the other schools represented on here have websites or history sites dedicated to the all-time wins, yearly wins, coaches records, players records, etc. Does Meigs have anything such as this as I'd like to see some of the totals ?

Bravo3
Waterboy

Post by Bravo3 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:A lot of the other schools represented on here have websites or history sites dedicated to the all-time wins, yearly wins, coaches records, players records, etc. Does Meigs have anything such as this as I'd like to see some of the totals ?
This is an area that Meigs MAJORLY lacks in and has for years and years. When a kid starts piling up individual stats, nobody seems to know what any of the records are or half the time who even holds the records. So the majority of the time totals are just guesstimated. This goes for all sports boys and girls. This is really a shame for the kid and the school.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Don't know if Keith Wisecup is still living, but he, the late Don (Pizzle) Wolfe, Dave Harris and others kept up-to-date records on all Marauder sports programs, along with former sheriff James Soulsby.

Bravo3
Waterboy

Post by Bravo3 »

Jottings wrote:Don't know if Keith Wisecup is still living, but he, the late Don (Pizzle) Wolfe, Dave Harris and others kept up-to-date records on all Marauder sports programs, along with former sheriff James Soulsby.
Well they must have lost the records they kept than or don't want to share them cause almost everytime a record arises there are many questions about it as far as who held it, year it happened, and what the actual record number was. Doesn't seem to be much detailed info out there about records that may have came out of the 70's & 80's. Even some early 90's records have been misstated or forgotton about?!?

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

i have most of the programs from when i played and they had lots of info about meigs from the 70s in them. would be glad to share copies if someone wanted to take this on. i think this would make a great research project for a student...

Return to “Football”