Week 2 - Albany Alexander (1-0) @ Huntington Ross (0-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 - Albany Alexander (1-0) @ Huntington Ross (0-1)

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Alexander - 48
Huntington - 6

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Orange and Brown wrote: Nelsonville-York is a small D-5 school, Alex got tired of losing to Trimble, thats just the truth.
Tired of losing to Trimble?? We have beaten them 3 out of the last 4 years I believe..
We did get tired of losing to NY, oh but we beat you last year by giving you a goose egg.

gridiron fan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridiron fan »

With a seasoned senior quarterback (Michael Chapman) at the helm and an up and coming running back in Milum (replacing senior Cody Lawson while he recovers from an elbow injury), the offense will have more than enough fire power to yield good results. An extra luxury they have if they would get stymied in the red zone is their excellent kicker; he should be good for at least one FG.

And with two big hosses in Douglas and Worley anchoring the defense coordinated by Coach Hinton, I don’t foresee Huntington Ross getting in the end zone very often.

Coach Arno will have his young men looking good and playing good. Under his leadership, the Spartan program is definitely headed in the right direction.

Spartans - 31
Huntington Ross - 6

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Alexander 33
Huntington Ross 12
Final

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good job Spartans.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i looked for that in this one.

pdracing23
Riding the Bench

Post by pdracing23 »

What's up with Alexander kicking a 40 yard field goal as time expired when they were winning by 18??? I am not a fan of either school but that was pretty classless.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

pdracing23 wrote:What's up with Alexander kicking a 40 yard field goal as time expired when they were winning by 18??? I am not a fan of either school but that was pretty classless.
I don't disagree. I almost called into the post game show with the "Sultan of Smack" on 107.7 to talk about it, but I was trying to get out of Nelsonville after watching the Buckeyes fall to the Green Wave. I had a heads up about this before I got to the BP there at Rt. 78 and Canal Street...... :shock:

Rationalize it all you want. What goes around, comes around. Huntington Ross hasn't won a game in how long? And you need to tack on three more with the time ticking off the clock at the end of the game?

That sure as Hell doesn't endear yourself to your fellow coaches, or to the opposing fans.

To even try and defend this would be disingenuous. What goes around, comes around....

:122246 :shock: :lol:

ford7
Waterboy

Post by ford7 »

This football game was so much closer than what the scoreboard showed Huntington had 3 turnovers when they was marching down the field and alexander didnt have a answer to there running game in those three drives..if Huntington would of cleaned up the turnovers Huntington would of won this football game haha flat out

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pdracing23 wrote:What's up with Alexander kicking a 40 yard field goal as time expired when they were winning by 18??? I am not a fan of either school but that was pretty classless.
Way to kick a school when they are down! Not possitive but I don't think Hunington has won a game in a couple years!!!

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Steely Dan, Alexander tried a similiar field goal (around 50 yards or so if I remember correctly) at the end of the game when they were up big versus VC in week 9 last year. Although I am a big fan of their school, program and coach, I did not think much of that move.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

boy of summer wrote:Steely Dan, Alexander tried a similiar field goal (around 50 yards or so if I remember correctly) at the end of the game when they were up big versus VC in week 9 last year. Although I am a big fan of their school, program and coach, I did not think much of that move.
I'm not going to belabor this, but this is the kind of thing that people remember about your program, especially your coaching peers.

O&B -

Huntington Ross was 0-10 in 2009 and was outscored 393 to 52.
Huntington Ross was 1-9 in 2008 and was outscored 355 to 75. Their one win was against Unioto, another of Alexander's opponents this season. One can second guess the motives for doing something like this to a program that has been so down for awhile.

Unioto was 3-7 in 2009 and 0-10 in 2008. Will be interesting to see if Alex kicks any late field goals against the Shermans.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Steely Dan wrote:Spartans pretty much by as much as they want this week. Coach Arno will keep it respectable.
Sorry old buddy....
might want to throw a "could have" in there..

:razz:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW - Once again, thanks for having my back. I stand corrected. I will not make that assumption, or mistake, ever again, when it comes how he coaches the game.

You know me, glass is half full, and always giving the benefit of the doubt. Guess that was a poor choice on my part in this instance.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

wing-t wrote:it amazes me how many people who have no dog in this fight have an opinion about it..............
can't speak for anyone else but i have a dog in this fight so i have an opinion :aaaaa77

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Way to kick a school when they are down! Not possitive but I don't think Hunington has won a game in a couple years!!!
I see it as a chance to pratice field goal in game condtions too see how the field goal unit is working. Throwing passes to try to score is poor sportsman ship but trying a long field goal I think is just trying out a part of the game u don't get to use much. I don't know if that is why they did it or not I only follow spartans because i like their coach from his year at wellston.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

bobcatfan4728 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
I see it as a chance to pratice field goal in game condtions too see how the field goal unit is working. Throwing passes to try to score is poor sportsman ship but trying a long field goal I think is just trying out a part of the game u don't get to use much. I don't know if that is why they did it or not I only follow spartans because i like their coach from his year at wellston.
He had plenty of practice....I was there and they were throwing the ball on 2nd and 3rd down...they wanted to score. Horrible sportsmanship, D4 school beating up and a D6 school..what goes around comes around.

Return to “Football”