JV Team

Re: Week 3 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Post by wrestlefan1 »

what happened?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton easy, it'll take big Ron a couple of years to put the Chili squad in a position to win consistently.

1_Redman_6
Waterboy

Post by 1_Redman_6 »

Ironton by atleast 2 TD's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i just hope ironton gets things back on track, they are coming into the meat of their schedule, not really looking overly impressive. i think they figure some things out this week.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I dont understand all of this talk about how "good ironton was/is supposed to be." What was all of the hype based on? Ironton lost two defensive ends and two linebackers on defense. When you play the 5-2 these 4 positions are extremely important. Ironton is also playing a new quarterback and is playing with a very inexperienced center. All of this takes time. Ironton runs the option. It takes time to get the timing and work down. The Fighting Tigers are 2-0. I will take a 3rd win by whatever the score is.
Teams know exactly what Ironton is capable of doing. The past few years the competition have stacked 9 guys in the box. ironton needs to figure out how to do something to counter act that. They must run the option efficiently and be able to throw the bal to stretch the defense. With a new quarterback and new ends, that doesnt happen overnight. Hype and expectations mean nothing. Play every game one at a time and win the game. You dont get style points for oint differential.
I believe Ironton will be better this week that last. if they are, they will win. Same goes for the next several weeks.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

chillicothe has a great legendary coach in hinton but does not have the depth ironton by 3 tds

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

everyone Ive talked to from Ironton says this is the best team Lutz has had, so this should be over before the bands take the field

SVDad
Freshman Team

Post by SVDad »

I'm guessing Ironton's starters take a knee on the sidelines by end of 3rd quarter. Tigers by 21.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

85, I see two big goals ahead for the Tigers over the next two weeks. The first week, Friday, be the first team to win at Chillicothe in 49 years.....

.....and the next, the second week, would be to NOT be the first team to lose two in a row to Ashland in 35 years.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

I didn't realize that Ironton hadn't won at Chillicothe since then; but then again it's not like the two teams have played every year. I think Ironton has an excellent chance to break the dry spell; but definitely needs not to be caught looking ahead.

(Note to Joe: Wow, I haven't had a Big Boy in a long time; but I know of at least one Ironton fan who would make a Big Boy take a back seat to Donato's; and I will be a captive audience while he consumes mass quantities of pizza :lol: )

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

sportsfan43 wrote:everyone Ive talked to from Ironton says this is the best team Lutz has had, so this should be over before the bands take the field
If those "Ironton Posters" are saying this Ironton team is the best in Lutz' history, you may want to pull those Oxy's out of their hand and get them off the crack pipe.

Way too early to tell how good this team is/can be.

buckeyebuddy
Waterboy

Post by buckeyebuddy »

-The players who are seniors now were a combined 19-3 as 7th/8th/freshmen. since then a combined 9-15.....several contributed on the playoff team as soph...many played last year .... and this season is a senior dominated varsity team.
On the other hand the senior team of Chris Givens/Clay Beeler only won a handful of games as 7th/8th/and freshmen...then made the playoffs as seniors. Too many times we have seen undefeated 7th grade teams disappear before they hit the high school. Remember that last years JV team won several games, may have had a winning record even.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

I can't wait for this game, mainly because it's just a stop on my way to Columbus to see the main attraction.

I picked us to win handily over a lower Russell team last week, and that didn't happen. So I'm going to be a little more humble this week.

Ironton 42
Chilli 7
Ehhhhhhh, not so humble.

GO TIGERS!!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Ironton...in a close close game.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

There shouldn't be anything close about this one...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if they put 9/10 guys in the box. screen plays and misdirection, and draw plays will stop that. anything passed would work. we do more of this you'll see teams stop loading up at the line. then when they do we bust them with the power run game. they tighten back up throw right over their blitzing heads again. with the size of our offensive line, it all hinges on them , keeping line penetration from getting in. if that happens we are gonna be a hard out. especially if we utilize wilks around the wide side more. get him in space where he can make moves, heck how many people has he leaped over. the short side is more for the fullback, unless blocks are perfect. too clogged up if somebody misse a block for a smaller back. but if the line executes it could go all the way. in short , we just need to be less predictable. and frankly teams won't have a clue , how to defend us. defensively, we just need to fire off the ball like our hair is on fire, break down, watch the runners hips, and body tackle, instead of arm tackling, wrap and drive.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if they put 9/10 guys in the box. screen plays and misdirection, and draw plays will stop that. anything passed would work. we do more of this you'll see teams stop loading up at the line. then when they do we bust them with the power run game. they tighten back up throw right over their blitzing heads again. with the size of our offensive line, it all hinges on them , keeping line penetration from getting in. if that happens we are gonna be a hard out. especially if we utilize wilks around the wide side more. get him in space where he can make moves, heck how many people has he leaped over. the short side is more for the fullback, unless blocks are perfect. too clogged up if somebody misse a block for a smaller back. but if the line executes it could go all the way. in short , we just need to be less predictable. and frankly teams won't have a clue , how to defend us. defensively, we just need to fire off the ball like our hair is on fire, break down, watch the runners hips, and body tackle, instead of arm tackling, wrap and drive. sorry , i get a lil excited.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

TigerTownKid wrote:I can't wait for this game, mainly because it's just a stop on my way to Columbus to see the main attraction.

I picked us to win handily over a lower Russell team last week, and that didn't happen. So I'm going to be a little more humble this week.

Ironton 42
Chilli 7
Ehhhhhhh, not so humble.

GO TIGERS!!
I say Chili keeps it closer than your Canes do.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

85inside wrote:
TigerTownKid wrote:I can't wait for this game, mainly because it's just a stop on my way to Columbus to see the main attraction.

Ironton 42
Chilli 7
Ehhhhhhh, not so humble.

GO TIGERS!!
I say Chili keeps it closer than your Canes do.
Ouch, I hope your kidding about this. The Canes and Bucks might provide the game of the year IMO.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I will take the Tigers here. I think the offense will start to roll.

Ironton - 44
Chilly - 10

Return to “Football”