Week 3 Portsmouth West @ South Point

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 Portsmouth West @ South Point

Post by sider_zone »

MAN!!!!!!! What's up with all the Bleacher Coaches???????? I Hate to see a Great Team like West have a bad night to but I'm sure it far more embarrassing for those Boys on Field than it was for the folks in the Stands. I think they regained their composure pretty well and that shows me We've made some great Strides on the West Side. Way To GO Boys!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe We needed to WIN By 60 or 70 instead of ONLY 43. I still Say the Pointers had some Good Athletes that were willing to do anything they could to Win the Game including Stripping the Ball or what ever; But then again I wasn't on the field of Play to see that I was in the Bleachers.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

West is a really good team, anytime you turn the ball over 6 times and win as big as we did last night your pretty darn good. WEST BIG OVER ROCK HILL AT THE ROCK next friday 9-17-2010

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Has nothing to do with bleacher coaching. It has to do with focusing on a goal. 1st we win the gold football, which we won't do if we don't stay focused and that wasn't the case lastnight. 2nd we get in the playoffs and make a deep run. It takes a team effort every practice every play of every game. JV's should of been playing before halftime. Southpoint (no offense) don't have the same caliber team West does and we need to take care of the ball better and get it done.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

JV should have been in by half? Then how was the team suppose to work on on some items that they could'nt if the game was close. Do u know
what they work on in pract?.......I did'nt think so. Be happy for them and let the coaches coach and you stay with pee wee.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Westsider1993 wrote:Has nothing to do with bleacher coaching. It has to do with focusing on a goal. 1st we win the gold football, which we won't do if we don't stay focused and that wasn't the case lastnight. 2nd we get in the playoffs and make a deep run. It takes a team effort every practice every play of every game. JV's should of been playing before halftime. Southpoint (no offense) don't have the same caliber team West does and we need to take care of the ball better and get it done.
If thats not bleacher coaching, like to know what is! :) Not to worry, bleacher coaching is half the fun of the game. If it weren't for bleacher coaches, 80% of this site wouldn't exist! Nothing wrong with it but pretty sure the coaches from all the schools have a handle on what to work on without help from the bleacher coaches! Cause thats what coaches do. :razz: :oops: :lol: Congratulations West! Keep workin hard.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Westsider1993 wrote:I am a diehard Westsider and when they do good I praise them, but I am a realist. When they do bad I am not gonna say they do great. First with the turnovers. 6????????? 5 fumbles? and a pick. Southpoint did not have "great" athletes, they had kids that wanted to play a football game, we didn't lastnight. The turnovers are unacceptable. I am sure Coach will bring back some Summer conditioning this week to remind them of the turnovers. If you turn the ball over to a halfway decent football team 6 times you will get beat every time. We had no push up front on either side of the ball. It seemed like we were catching their backs instead of going after them. FLAT is an understatement on how West played lastnight. I love football and I follow the Westside boys, but I should have kept he family home lastnight. I hope lastnight is a wakeup for the rest of the season. Boys you have to bring the fire every week! Every down is potentially your last down. Bring it from here on out.
"93" Sounds like all your Days are Perfect;Your always "GOOD" never"Fumble" never"turn anything Over" Nothing You do is"Unacceptable" and your never"Flat" and if you are its probably someone else's Fault. Just remember We can't all be Perfect Like You "93".
I still believe this kind of Attitude is changing on the West Side.
I sure hope our Players don't Read your comments, I wouldn't want any of mine to.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OSU 77 wrote: How many team you know have a bad game and win by 50 points? 4 years ago West would have lost the game and now they are winning when they play bad. I would be glad that the program has changed that much and thank the West Coaches.

That is all I have to say on that subject!!!
The coaches have did an awsome job of getting West in the position to play bad and still win big. I have said more than once that coach is the best thing in my time to happen to West football.

I just believe West was very lackadaisical in their play and approach to the game. The turnovers, the line not getting the push that they have, etc; are evidence of that.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

siderman wrote:
OSU 77 wrote: How many team you know have a bad game and win by 50 points? 4 years ago West would have lost the game and now they are winning when they play bad. I would be glad that the program has changed that much and thank the West Coaches.

That is all I have to say on that subject!!!
The coaches have did an awsome job of getting West in the position to play bad and still win big. I have said more than once that coach is the best thing in my time to happen to West football.

I just believe West was very lackadaisical in their play and approach to the game. The turnovers, the line not getting the push that they have, etc; are evidence of that.
I Agree the Players and the Fans were Flat; But don't you think its kind of like watching the Buckeye Championship Game with Miami (Replay) on the BIG TEN Network. You don't cheer or get excited because you know whats going to Happen. In the Ports. game we knew West could Beat'em but didn't know for sure if they would. Putting the JV in by the 2nd Qtr.???? Yeah Wright; the Varsity Parents would have hung Coach "T" from the Goal Post by his Toes.LOL

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I know what you mean. And your right.

I guess one way of looking at it is we are gonna be favored about the same way for our next 3 opponents before we go to Minford. If the varsity doesn't play at least most of these games, they may be gassed in the fourth quarter of the Minford, Valley, and Burg games because they will push us alot more.

I was also glad to see us work on the passing game.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

does anyone have the stats for this game, both sides of the ball?

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I have read all the post on this subject, and i have no doubt that everyone is a die hard fan or u wouldnt be on here. I think some of the post were misunderstood I dont think anyone was blameing the coachs or players. The lack of excitement and focas had more to do with the team we were playing than anything else. Our kids have no ties to these teams. It's easier to get up for and stay focused when you are playing a team that you know and haved played against since you were young. If we have to play outside our area "which we do if we are going to have a chance at making the playoffs every year" then we need to play school that are top notch teams year in and year out

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Amen brother......

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

noles_fan wrote:I have read all the post on this subject, and i have no doubt that everyone is a die hard fan or u wouldnt be on here. I think some of the post were misunderstood I dont think anyone was blameing the coachs or players. The lack of excitement and focas had more to do with the team we were playing than anything else. Our kids have no ties to these teams. It's easier to get up for and stay focused when you are playing a team that you know and haved played against since you were young. If we have to play outside our area "which we do if we are going to have a chance at making the playoffs every year" then we need to play school that are top notch teams year in and year out
Good Post "noles_fan" I can certainly appreciate your comments but I'm afraid its just not the World, the scheduling is setup years in advance and back in the 80's and 90's when I was involved (not in the scheduling process) their were usually Contracts signed for 2 to 4 yrs. Not being arrogant,just trying to bring you up to Date.Right now Fairland is the furthest distance team we play and trust me (this is something I have been involved in)you don't want to play Teams as far as Columbus etc. unless you just have to fill your schedule. Talk about trying to keep them Focused, and the expense is Staggering. Those situations need to be saved for Playoff Games.
I guess what I'm Saying is when you look at all those Factors (and there are many more) our schedule is not to bad. We have to play the League Teams which is 5 and two of them are kind of weak this year.Hope this Helps a little!

Return to “Football”