Week 3 Wellston @ Gallipolis

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 Wellston @ Gallipolis

Post by Rocket50 »

gahs4ever, I'm not taking anything way from your team but theres not a chance they win by 14+, yes you have atheletes down there we know that, but so does Wellston and I beleive they have two of the best players in Southern Ohio!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Good luck to THE Academy of Gallia. I always enjoy a drive to that town.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

I've seen both teams and I think the key will be the Gallia D-line vs. the Wellston O-line. Wellston looked dominating running the ball against Jackson and Gallia's D has been very stingy against the run so far. Gallia's D-line is big, but no bigger than Jackson's. It will bear watching as to which unit wins that battle.

As far as speed goes, Osborne is quick and fast, but no more so than Wilson. I think the speed at the skill positions will be very comparable. The key to Osborne is getting him down quickly. He bounces to the outside well and has a great stop and go burst. Also, I wouldn't get so focused in on Osborne and Prater that you ignore the FB. He was VERY effective on trap and belly.

I thought that Jackson was able to pound the ball with some success against Wellston and I would expect that Gallia can have similar success. I think if Jackson would have had a different game plan and chose to run between the tackles and attempt to wear Wellston out, that the game may have been much closer. I'm not saying Jackson would have won, but it would have been much closer.

I'd expect a close game, but if it rains and the field gets slick or sloppy, I think it is a big advantage to the Blue Devils.

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

gahs4ever, all I'm saying is that this game won't be won by either team by 14+ points, this game is going to be a very physical and emotional game! Its going to be a nail biter!

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

Yea, I agree. Wellston has 11 players on each side of the ball that can make plays, I mean look back at the Jackson game Ernest brown has to huge interceptions to set wellston up. And brad miller great FB. And let me tell ya, look out for #61 at D end very very strong and physical. It will be decided in the final minutes of this game. Who has more heart. Go Rockets.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

jungle cat wrote:I would bet my left nut GAHS can beat Jackson and they can beat Wellston as well. Oh by the way Wellston beat Jackson.... if case you havent heard!! HA :roll: :roll:
I wouldn't go betting your left nut on common opponents and comparative scores. A game in Week 1 has very little, if any, significance once Week 10 rolls around.

As for the game, I was obviously impressed by Wellston during Week 1. I knew they had great skill players, but their interior lines surprised me a lot. They're a much improved football team from last year in every aspect of the game, but so is Gallia Academy from what I can tell. Memorial Field is one of the most difficult places in SE Ohio to get a win, so Wellston will have to play extremely well to come out on top. That said, I'm taking Gallia Academy to get the win, but I would expect a pretty good game.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Ive seen both of these teams and think that they mirror each other. Wellston has quick backs as well as Gallipolis. They both have swarming defenses and are pretty disiplined so far. I like Gallipolis because they are at home. Wellston has a lot of weapons and should not be under estimated. Jackson looked like a college team compared to them. Should be a fun game and a lot of quick players. Hopefully we will have a dry field so each team can show there true speed.

box score
Waterboy

Post by box score »

I have not seen Gallia play, so no comment on their abilities. The one component of Wellston's game that came to fruition against Minford was the passing game. Minford had 8, sometimes 9 in the box to stop the run. The Rockets we able to get back in the game via their passing, which in my opinion does two things. It gives them confidence, that, if need be, they can throw the ball and they put something on film other teams will have to prepare for. The Rockets are well coached and fundamentally sound, which should keep any game close and within reach for a victory. I am looking forward to a great game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gahs4ever wrote:69 voters on this game and its only Tuesday! I love football!
With 2 up and coming teams it makes it more exciting.

Wellston has a new attitude, and through the first 2 weeks they have shown that they will be very tuff., Gallia has shown that the improvements that they showed week in and week out last year were indeed real and they are putting it all together.
I wish this game was on Saturday. Should be a good one.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I will take Wellston in this game

huthuthike
Waterboy

Post by huthuthike »

Wellston will be well prepared for Friday night and go to Oak Hill 2-1. I don't see too many teams being able to slow Wellston's rushing game like Minford did last Friday.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Blue Devils at home, in a close one.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

wow :lol:

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

this will be a good game,some people may not agree,dont see either team winning by more then 10 points.from what i have seen these teams are pretty equal on offence and defence wellston might have faster running backs,gallipolis has the better special teams.good luck to both teams.hope the rockets pulls it off!

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Haven't seen either team play this year, but this sounds like a game of the week type matchup. Wellston should have a lot of confidence going into this one based on the season so far. Good luck to both teams, pulling for the Rockets and Boilermaker in this one.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

gotta love that offence and defence lol

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

4-Ever...that's a creek bottom, not a river bottom.

Remember two or three years ago GAHS played Pt. Pleasant in the HOF game, and 'ole Chickamauga was seeping around the edges of Memorial Field before, during and after the game. Next day, the field was under 10 feet of floodwater.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

The men in Blue will be ready for this one I Think they are on a roll right now they are gonna be hard to contain

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

Wellston is gonna play with a chip on there shoulder this week, let's roll rockets.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Caulker10 wrote:Wellston is gonna play with a chip on there shoulder this week, let's roll rockets.
I agree.

I will take Wellston by 4 pts.

Rockets cant rely on the counter sweeps as I am sure Gallia Academy is fast and will run down the backs. They must play good special teams, mistake free ball and hopefully keep it close and blow it open in the 4th quarter like they did against Jackson. They also cant run to the left side all night for their yardage. Minford shut that down and Wellston had a tough time getting much on the ground to the right side of center.

Wellston can win this game. I dont think GA is going to beat Jackson any more soundly that Wellston did.

This is one Falcon Fan pulling for the Golden Rockets this week.

Return to “Football”